Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2014, 08:03 AM

35,714 posts, read 21,081,460 times

Advertisements

evil--thinkers- hope ya gets rocks---- Merry Christmas Mr President enjoy the family-

Old 12-20-2014, 08:17 AM

19,846 posts, read 12,116,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I have a feeling the Secret Service is saying they're happier going to Hawaii than to Texas also.
I was thinking the same thing. The Secret Service must love that the family vacations in Hawaii.

Old 12-20-2014, 08:57 AM

102,222 posts, read 107,999,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1..._n_6318480.htm

He gets his Christmas Vacation again!!
While most Americans are working thru Christmas and New Years to feed their families and pay their rent.
Or pay for their health.
And along with the state this country is in!!

No way would my conscious [ conscience] let me do that.
His wife , and himself should be doing something along the lines of a public servants.
That's what they are, all politicians.
Maybe at the food shelf or ???

President Barack Obama and his family are scheduled to spend their seventh straight Christmas in Hawaii, according to the White House.

The first family will leave Washington on Dec. 19 for Honolulu on the island of Oahu, according to the White House press office. In the past, the family has stayed on the east side of the island in the upscale town of Kailua, about 45 minutes from tourist-heavy Waikiki. They've stayed in the same $3,500-a-day, beachside rental home for the past three years.

The Obamas have a fairly predictable Hawaii itinerary by now, featuring golf, shave ice, snorkeling trips to Hanauma Bay and dinners out at Alan Wong's.

Sen. Brian Schatz (D-Hawaii) told The New York Times that the annual trip is a sanctuary for the president, who spent most of his childhood in Hawaii. “One of the reasons that the president, I think, likes it here is that he can have a sense of normalcy, even within his security bubble,” Schatz said last year. “He can still feel, perhaps, like he did when he was a teenager, just for a few moments at a time.”

Last year, the only holiday surprise from the Obama family came when the president and his daughters returned to D.C. after two weeks, and Michelle Obama stayed in Hawaii. At her husband's suggestion, the first lady went to Maui ahead of her 50th birthday to spend time on Oprah Winfrey's 17-acre estate.
Where were all these cranks when Reagan was taking long naps daily and long vacations, and GW Bush took lots of vacations? Obama's spent many more days on the job than either of those two slackers.

Old 12-20-2014, 09:03 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,811,485 times
So you thought he was maybe going to take a winter vacation in North Dakota?

Old 12-20-2014, 09:14 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,525,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
So you thought he was maybe going to take a winter vacation in North Dakota?
Even in North Dakota...not on my dime. Vacation money
I have no issue with my tax dollars going to protect any President that SERVES.
Obama included.

Old 12-20-2014, 10:29 AM

28,681 posts, read 18,811,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post
When I was on a remote assignment in Sicily, our space A was practically guaranteed since we were "suffering" such hardship by living in that God forsaken place - lol! It was beautiful. I'm still getting perks. Few months ago, I was flying back and my suitcase was over the weight limit. They waived the 125 dollar fee because I was retired military.
You know you're supposed to report that $125 to the IRS, right?

I still have Space-A privileges as a retiree. Unfortunately, my wife doesn't like to travel.

I remember decades ago when I was active duty, I was transiting through Travis AFB CA. There was an older couple--obviously retired--sitting on their suitcases studying the flight board. I asked them where they were headed. The man tilted his head at the board and said, "It looks like there'll be open seats on that flight to Pago-Pago...and we've never been to Pago-Pago."

I thought that was so cool.

Old 12-20-2014, 10:32 AM

28,681 posts, read 18,811,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Where were all these cranks when Reagan was taking long naps daily and long vacations, and GW Bush took lots of vacations? Obama's spent many more days on the job than either of those two slackers.

Yes. He's going "home for the holidays." Why is that so hard to understand? Everyone does know Hawaii is in the USA, right?

Old 12-20-2014, 10:58 AM

1,540 posts, read 1,126,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
I'm trying to figure out about what's so wrong with the president spending Christmas in Hawaii (where he grew up and was born) with his family.

You do know the Obamas had money BEFORE taking over presidency, right?

How is this affecting YOUR life??

It is costing ALL of us as taxpayers that is how it is affecting MY life, & I don't have a choice. If you don't mind paying for his vacation I will PM you my address & you can send some of your hard earned money to me...I promise my vacation will cost peanuts compared to what the president is paying. If he has so much money he can pay for his own extravaganza out of HIS paycheck!!!

Old 12-20-2014, 11:05 AM

29,748 posts, read 34,415,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68551 View Post
It is costing ALL of us as taxpayers that is how it is affecting MY life, & I don't have a choice. If you don't mind paying for his vacation I will PM you my address & you can send some of your hard earned money to me...I promise my vacation will cost peanuts compared to what the president is paying. If he has so much money he can pay for his own extravaganza out of HIS paycheck!!!
Where do you think the money in his paycheck comes from? I really don't understand the mentality that the President of the United States should live in a cardboard box under a bridge because anything more would be a waste of taxpayer money.

Old 12-20-2014, 11:05 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,984,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnoir View Post
Bush spent 1/3 of his presidency on vacation. Presidential Vacations
I wish Obama had spent as many days as Bush on vacation. This country would be in far better shape if he hadn't had time to sign all those executive orders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies