Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 11:39 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,117,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yep. It was a conservative screaming about what some ISIS leader said and how we'd all better be scared.
It was the isis leaders words....not conservative's...

Quote:
You agreed with it at the time. Admit it...you were hysterical about ISIS coming to get you.

Nope, and you cannot find me in that thread, either....

Quote:
Come on...a little honesty won't hurt. I won't laugh at you. (well...i'll try not to)

Hahahahahaaaa, well I'm laughing at you...YOU SAID HONESTY won't hurt...HAHAHAHHAAAAA

You obviously don't read you own threads/posts...HHHHHHHHHHahahahahahahhahahaaaaaaaaaaa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2014, 11:42 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
What are you, his babysitter? I'll answer his posts the way i feel like answering them. Worry about YOUR posts.

Why don't you answer my question first??
\

Naw...just shows you cannot answer those questions....or lets take your own advise...

Come on...a little honesty won't hurt. I won't laugh at you. (well...i'll try not to)

Quote:
What does your care do for those poor children in the Middle East that are so threatened by ISIS?
It shows I have some sympathy for those, unlike you...who has already admitted you don't care about children being killed...

In the end my caring did/does nothing, except I care....what about you?

Old 12-22-2014, 11:43 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
They've hired Al Sharpton to rile up the American Muslims.

Old 12-22-2014, 11:45 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,287,685 times
Quote:
Sure, i'm making it all up.

There's a thread titled "ISIS..the new American boogeyman." Its chock full of conservative bedwetting.

This is post #9 on page one:

Since we're not supposed to talk about other posters, i won't say that poster's name. But then, i don't need to, do i?

Because i just made it all up. LOL
Well, did a leader of ISIS say this stuff?

C'mon dd, I respect ya' but your flailing here a bit.

Old 12-22-2014, 11:46 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,246,227 times
Obama has ISIS on the run. They lost strategic sites and failed to win others after the bombing started. The Peshmerga with the help of the air forces are slowly but surely pushing them back. Many of their leaders have been killed and they can no longer move about freely.

Old 12-22-2014, 11:51 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
\

Naw...just shows you cannot answer those questions....or lets take your own advise...

It shows I have some sympathy for those, unlike you...who has already admitted you don't care about children being killed...

In the end my caring did/does nothing, except I care....what about you?
So if your caring didn't do squat, what's the difference between you and I?

You care, and did nothing about it. I don't care, and did nothing about it.

In the end, what's the difference?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Well, did a leader of ISIS say this stuff?

C'mon dd, I respect ya' but your flailing here a bit.
Purportedly, he did. I wasn't there nor did i read his Twitter feed. I don't know if he did or not.

You respect me, but i'm flailing?

Maaaan....i'm gonna leave the first part of that sentence alone because i don't wanna get in more trouble with the Mods. But the flailing part?

Again, Conservatives were using any and every statement made by any random ISIS leader to make it out as if ISIS would be storming out shores any minute now if we didn't get over there and do something about it.

Well...where is ISIS at? I don't see them around here. They over at your place with a sword over your head?

Old 12-22-2014, 11:54 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,095,978 times
Quote:
Doesn't seem as if that big bad boogeyman was all that bad, does it? 5 months ago, they were all the rage...the supposed new Islamic Empire coming to get us all.

And let's not forget for a minute how worked up and apoplectic many Americans were about ISIS..they were gonna conquer the whole Middle East if we didn't go over there and stop them. Then they'd turn their guns on the United States of America, storm our shores, rape and pillage all of our towns, and convert those of us that they didn't manage to decapitate into Muslims.

Guess not, huh?
It's the media. A story is only interesting for so long. Since ISIS was a much smaller threat that we were told, they eventually stopped doing anything new. We can only hear about them cutting heads off so long before it gets repetitive. But they never had the resources to do any damage outside of the middle east; maybe a few random attacks in Europe if they got lucky. But even so, if the media didn't present ISIS as a potential American invader, would anyone care? Of course not. The media wants to create exciting stories and ISIS was only interesting for so long.

It's a shame they never really dug into ISIS. The fact that the US and it's horrific foreign policy is the only reason ISIS exists in the first place rarely was addressed, and was almost never even hinted at by mainstream media like CNN or Fox.

Currently, Ferguson is the interesting story. Or rather, creating racial tension. Luckily on this one, you can find a dead black person shot by a cop in more than one city so the problem can appear to be larger than it is. I have no doubt the justice system is corrupt, but racial prejudice is likely a much smaller factor than we'd like to believe. It's a factor, no doubt, but it's not the leading cause of corruption. But since the media is corprorate owned, which basically means governmetn owned, they won't address the reasons the justice system is broken because that would make the owners look bad.

Old 12-22-2014, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Obama has ISIS on the run. They lost strategic sites and failed to win others after the bombing started. The Peshmerga with the help of the air forces are slowly but surely pushing them back. Many of their leaders have been killed and they can no longer move about freely.
Well, i don't know if i'd credit Obama for much, but you're right about the fact that other people decided to take on ISIS when they saw that we couldn't be depended on.

Supposedly, if we didn't put a stop to ISIS ourselves, the rest of the Middle East were gonna lay down and be overrun by them. The U.S. had to lead...supposedly.

Goes to my contention that if we don't step up, people will fight for themselves. They might lose, but they'll try at least.

Old 12-22-2014, 11:59 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Pretty much this^^^.

While they weren't some uber boogeyman they did take a lot of territory and were becoming a bit of a regional threat.

Mostly they were a good source for partisan sniping because the Obama administration bullied the press to not report about problems and then it kinda got too big to hide and cons jumped on it for obvious reasons.

Old 12-22-2014, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Pretty much this^^^.

While they weren't some uber boogeyman they did take a lot of territory and were becoming a bit of a regional threat.

Mostly they were a good source for partisan sniping because the Obama administration bullied the press to not report about problems and then it kinda got too big to hide and cons jumped on it for obvious reasons.
I've got my doubts about how strong they ever were. A LOT of doubts.

Besides, if they were that dangerous, how many people in the press would get close enough to them to get good inside information. I mean, if they're cultivating a rep for killing journalists, how many journalists would get that close?

And seeing as how the United States has very little in the way of Intel assets in the Arab World (very little is actually an exaggeration...we know basically nothing about the people or region) we depend a lot on second hand Intel for that info.

Last I checked, the lion's share comes from Israeli intelligence...not exactly a group known for their fair assessment of Arab affairs.

Highly slanted is probably more like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies