Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 06:30 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Just because Republicans speak doesn't leave them in charge. One man is in charge and he happens to be the President.

News Alert: FBI Reports Threat To Mississippi River Bridge. Is It ISIS?

“The FBI has warned local authorities of a threat that Islamic State militants would blow up the Memphis & Arkansas Bridge spanning the Mississippi River, an agency spokesman said on Tuesday.” The threat seems to be unspecified, unsubstantiated, and anonymous. However, this is just the type of attack we should be expecting from ISIS in the United States.

What bothers me is the lack of general coverage on the event in the mainstream media. According to the threat, ISIS has activated sleeper cells in the United States to attack soft targets. The threat was reported to Fox13 in Memphis, but no information on how the threat was received was given. The infrastructure in question is the Memphis-Arkansas bridge that is a major route connecting Tennessee and Arkansas.

You really are sleeping if you think sleeper cells don't exist in America.
Here we go again...sleeper cells.

OK...whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
And what were they betting on? Stealing oil and using it to fund their revolution. The price of WTI on July 21, 2014 was $105.34 a barrel. Today the price was $55.96 a barrel. You can think Reagan for introducing your little brains to economic warfare and Bush, once again, for foresight (or luck) that you could never have dreamed of having.
The words "Bush" and "foresight" are mutually exclusive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
What is your glitch?

You should just start "I Hate Conservatives" threads every day. At least it would be more honest than trying to make all this nonsense up to fit your hate.

The only one backing up the op is the op, and you're working damn hard at supporting your own idiocy. THAT is the definition of ignorant.
What "glitch?"

Well, at least you came close in the part i bolded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
Don't you think the air attacks on ISIS are a factor? It appears they have been forced to retreat in many areas.

But I don't doubt for a second that of we back off, ISIS will rise again.
Ok. If you say so. Doubt it though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
who ever said anything like that? But, don't think they will not do damage to us and to many others when the time is right as they see it. They already have done enough. When you least expect it, if you let your guard down they may strike. They have said they would and they are not a group that uses idle threats.
You did.

How do you know they aren't a group that uses idle threats?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2014, 09:46 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Here we go again...sleeper cells.

OK...whatever.
It comes from their own mouths.......yeah here we go again, from the mouth of terrorist.

Sorry to disappoint you. but this was not a Conservative talking point! Foolish to think only NICE people live in America.

Islamic State had previously seemed focused on proclaiming a caliphate in the parts of Iraq and Syria it controls, marching on Baghdad and redrawing the map of the Middle East.

But in several telephone conversations with a Reuters reporter over the past few months, Islamic State fighters had indicated that their leader, Iraqi Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, had several surprises in store for the West.

They hinted that attacks on American interests or even U.S. soil were possible through sleeper cells in Europe and the United States.

"The West are idiots and fools. They think we are waiting for them to give us visas to go and attack them or that we will attack with our beards or even Islamic outfits," said one.

"They think they can distinguish us these days - they are fools, and, more than that, they don't know we can play their game in intelligence. They infiltrated us with those who pretend to be Muslims and we have also penetrated them with those who look like them."

UPDATE 1-Islamic State opens new anti-U.S. front with beheading video | Reuters

Old 12-23-2014, 09:49 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
They are they moved to st louis and Memphis

Old 12-23-2014, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
They are they moved to st louis and Memphis
Yeah...I saw them at Steak and Shake and on Beale Street last week.

Old 12-23-2014, 10:35 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,642,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Doesn't seem as if that big bad boogeyman was all that bad, does it? 5 months ago, they were all the rage...the supposed new Islamic Empire coming to get us all.

And let's not forget for a minute how worked up and apoplectic many Americans were about ISIS..they were gonna conquer the whole Middle East if we didn't go over there and stop them. Then they'd turn their guns on the United States of America, storm our shores, rape and pillage all of our towns, and convert those of us that they didn't manage to decapitate into Muslims.

Guess not, huh?
You are perfectly safe in Detroit, even ISIS won't go near that place..

Old 12-23-2014, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
You are perfectly safe in Detroit, even ISIS won't go near that place..
Really?

So i should travel over 2 thousand miles to Detroit in order to be safe? Why would i do that when i'm safe here?

Plus, i thought all of you in the wackjob community said that Detroit is extra dangerous with its tremendous Arab population...the largest outside of the Arab world?

You know..sleeper cells and 9/11 sympathizers not withstanding...SMH

Guess you can't make up your minds.

Old 12-23-2014, 11:07 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,521,064 times
There's a reason people like the op are on my ignore list. They contribute nothing to this forum but hate and vitriol (not to mention a healthy dose of lunatic fringe hypocrisy).

Old 12-23-2014, 11:26 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,642,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
There's a reason people like the op are on my ignore list. They contribute nothing to this forum but hate and vitriol (not to mention a healthy dose of lunatic fringe hypocrisy).
You are absolutely correct in your assessment of the OP, I should probably follow suit, but it's so much fun to play with him/her just to see how far and how outrageous he/she goes.. He/she knows no bounds...
Calls him/herself Detroit but lives 2000 miles away? Fun whacky stuff...

Old 12-23-2014, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
LMAO...i'm on your ignore list, but you somehow know what i said in the OP.

Yeah, i'm on your ignore list.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
You are absolutely correct in your assessment of the OP, I should probably follow suit, but it's so much fun to play with him/her just to see how far and how outrageous he/she goes.. He/she knows no bounds...
Calls him/herself Detroit but lives 2000 miles away? Fun whacky stuff...
Him/her he/she him/herself.

I don't call myself Detroit. Guess you can't read either.

Old 12-24-2014, 02:08 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Ebola got us first.
No. The North Koreans did.

[wait for it on DVD]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies