Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 08:35 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,943,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Maybe they'll get attention after we stop Iran from getting the bomb which they've been 'months away' from for a number of years now.
Seems the left has a thing or two to say about the ISIS threat:Barracuda Brigade | MSNBC

“The president loves leading from behind. You’re not going to be able to lead from behind on this anymore,” Scarborough said. “If I had met one ambassador across the world, if I met one world leader across the world that wasn’t scared as hell how the United States is responding to this threat, I wouldn’t be speaking this way because I always assume the president and the president’s advisers know a hell of a lot more about stuff than those of us that don’t get the intel reports. I am hearing this from around the globe. This is really really bad. America’s response is scaring the hell out of the world.” he added.

It is the long road ahead these people will grow and grow.....the time doesn't matter to them, 100 yrs from now or 1 year taken down America is the goal.

ISIS, meanwhile, is modifying its behavior, from the way it communicates to the way it conceals itself, in response to potential U.S. airstrikes in Syria, U.S. military officials told CNN.

Obama: ISIS doesn't scare us

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/isis-c...113000327.html

On the other hand, some of ISIS’s top military commanders were former officers in Saddam Hussein’s army, and they may resort to what Saddam did in the 1991 Gulf War when he attacked Israel with mid-range rockets, hoping to drag the Israelis into a conflict that he was losing.

An Israeli retaliation in 1991 could have jeopardized the U.S-led coalition that then included Arab countries like Egypt, Syria and Saudi Arabia. The same is true now.

Last edited by wildflower82; 12-23-2014 at 09:15 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2014, 09:18 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Well, every week there is a different story about how many heads they have chopped off. Gee whiz, they are being bad enough already.
I'm not all that sure that i believe the beheading stories anymore. How do i know that it's ISIS that's doing it? Could be any group over there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
I guess you just follow whatever the main stream media feeds you. If they say cops are racist then you believe them. If they stop covering ISIS then there is no more threat from ISIS. You do know that Obama put thousands of boots on the ground to defend against ISIS right? The media doesn't like that so they change the topic.
Oh...so it's the MEDIA that's changed everything...not ISIS themselves, huh?

Because the Media wants to hide Obama's actions from the public.

Gotcha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Seems like they have a foothold in Detroit. Or at the least have a large population waiting for the signal.
Yeah, millions of Detroiters are waiting with machetes in hand. My cousin called me and told me about it. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Not sure why people are avoiding the question.

ISIS was supposed to take over the world 2 months ago. What happened?
Hey, hey, hey...don't be asking questions!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Except, just as the OP...you cannot prove your words with facts....just more flailing...
Flailing?

Is that kinda like "dithering?"

Conservatives...monkey see, monkey do. One poster said flailing...a word that's clearly above your vocabulary level, and now you wanna say it too because you can't find a word to describe your position on this issue.

Well i'll help you: clueless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Seems the left has a thing or two to say about the ISIS threat:Barracuda Brigade | MSNBC

“The president loves leading from behind. You’re not going to be able to lead from behind on this anymore,” Scarborough said. “If I had met one ambassador across the world, if I met one world leader across the world that wasn’t scared as hell how the United States is responding to this threat, I wouldn’t be speaking this way because I always assume the president and the president’s advisers know a hell of a lot more about stuff than those of us that don’t get the intel reports. I am hearing this from around the globe. This is really really bad. America’s response is scaring the hell out of the world.” he added.

It is the long road ahead these people will grow and grow.....the time doesn't matter to them, 100 yrs from now or 1 year taken down America is the goal.

ISIS, meanwhile, is modifying its behavior, from the way it communicates to the way it conceals itself, in response to potential U.S. airstrikes in Syria, U.S. military officials told CNN.

Obama: ISIS doesn't scare us
Mmmmm...yeah. Nice platitudes:

Leading from behind, America's response is scaring the world (patented by conservatives), it's the long road and these people will blah, blah, blah, time doesn't matter to them, taking down America is the goal, they're modifying their behavior and communications....

All adding up to a nice round doughnut.

Just admit it; ISIS was nothing more than a boogeyman who got hyped up by people that wanted us to commit to going back fully into Iraq.

Old 12-23-2014, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Just admit it; ISIS was nothing more than a boogeyman who got hyped up by people that wanted us to commit to going back fully into Iraq.
Just because Republicans speak doesn't leave them in charge. One man is in charge and he happens to be the President.

News Alert: FBI Reports Threat To Mississippi River Bridge. Is It ISIS?

“The FBI has warned local authorities of a threat that Islamic State militants would blow up the Memphis & Arkansas Bridge spanning the Mississippi River, an agency spokesman said on Tuesday.” The threat seems to be unspecified, unsubstantiated, and anonymous. However, this is just the type of attack we should be expecting from ISIS in the United States.

What bothers me is the lack of general coverage on the event in the mainstream media. According to the threat, ISIS has activated sleeper cells in the United States to attack soft targets. The threat was reported to Fox13 in Memphis, but no information on how the threat was received was given. The infrastructure in question is the Memphis-Arkansas bridge that is a major route connecting Tennessee and Arkansas.

You really are sleeping if you think sleeper cells don't exist in America.

Old 12-23-2014, 12:52 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,473,584 times
Quote:
Doesn't seem as if that big bad boogeyman was all that bad, does it? 5 months ago, they were all the rage...the supposed new Islamic Empire coming to get us all.

And let's not forget for a minute how worked up and apoplectic many Americans were about ISIS..they were gonna conquer the whole Middle East if we didn't go over there and stop them. Then they'd turn their guns on the United States of America, storm our shores, rape and pillage all of our towns, and convert those of us that they didn't manage to decapitate into Muslims.

Guess not, huh?
And what were they betting on? Stealing oil and using it to fund their revolution. The price of WTI on July 21, 2014 was $105.34 a barrel. Today the price was $55.96 a barrel. You can think Reagan for introducing your little brains to economic warfare and Bush, once again, for foresight (or luck) that you could never have dreamed of having.

Old 12-23-2014, 12:53 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,792,731 times
Quote:
Yep. It was a conservative screaming about what some ISIS leader said and how we'd all better be scared.

You agreed with it at the time. Admit it...you were hysterical about ISIS coming to get you.

Come on...a little honesty won't hurt. I won't laugh at you. (well...i'll try not to)
What is your glitch?

You should just start "I Hate Conservatives" threads every day. At least it would be more honest than trying to make all this nonsense up to fit your hate.

The only one backing up the op is the op, and you're working damn hard at supporting your own idiocy. THAT is the definition of ignorant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Great...so you admit that you started a troll thread because................
If it sounds like a troll and acts like a troll... it must be a troll.

Last edited by steven_h; 12-23-2014 at 01:02 PM..

Old 12-23-2014, 01:07 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,184,310 times
Quote:
Doesn't seem as if that big bad boogeyman was all that bad, does it? 5 months ago, they were all the rage...the supposed new Islamic Empire coming to get us all.

And let's not forget for a minute how worked up and apoplectic many Americans were about ISIS..they were gonna conquer the whole Middle East if we didn't go over there and stop them. Then they'd turn their guns on the United States of America, storm our shores, rape and pillage all of our towns, and convert those of us that they didn't manage to decapitate into Muslims.

Guess not, huh?
Don't you think the air attacks on ISIS are a factor? It appears they have been forced to retreat in many areas.

But I don't doubt for a second that of we back off, ISIS will rise again.

Old 12-23-2014, 01:14 PM

2,516 posts, read 5,689,127 times
We're all already dead. We just don't know it yet.

Old 12-23-2014, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Leading from behind, America's response is scaring the world (patented by conservatives)
Has MSNBC and Morning Joe jumped to the conservative belief?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post
We're all already dead. We just don't know it yet.
Certainly time too consider options of survival.....

Old 12-23-2014, 04:01 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,504,427 times
Quote:

I thought that because that's exactly what everyone (meaning a whole buncha conservatives) said was gonna happen.
Oh you are just one of those, nvm not gonna share my opinion.

Old 12-23-2014, 04:06 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:

Guess not, huh?
who ever said anything like that? But, don't think they will not do damage to us and to many others when the time is right as they see it. They already have done enough. When you least expect it, if you let your guard down they may strike. They have said they would and they are not a group that uses idle threats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies