Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2014, 09:40 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,085,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggboxes View Post
I know a lot about guns.

I know they kill 30,000 people a year.

I know that they kill more people in America than in the rest of the civilized world combined

I know a lot about assault rifles, mainly, that they are used for war, and for mass murder, and nothing else.
Tell me your plan to disarm the inner city gangs and criminals so the responsible gun owners would be willing to give up their guns. There are approximately 300 million guns in the country.

Old 12-22-2014, 09:41 PM

91 posts, read 51,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
What is the difference from an "Assault" gun and a deer rifle ?
An assault weapon is used by military and SWAT teams to kill people.

A deer rifle isn't automatic, and is far less likely to be used for mass murder

Old 12-22-2014, 09:41 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,771,744 times
Quote:

Even the girl who wanted concealed carry on college campus (how crazy is that?) admitted that the statistics were correct
Not crazy at all. I personally knew 2 college kids who legally carried. They've since both graduated and have awesome jobs. Where they conceal and carry. Legally.

Old 12-22-2014, 09:42 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,771,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
Tell me your plan to disarm the inner city gangs and criminals so the responsible gun owners would be willing to give up their guns. There are approximately 300 million guns in the country.
Yes, indeed, Egg. What exactly is your plan to disarm the gang bangers? Let's hear it.

Old 12-22-2014, 09:43 PM

Quote:
The inner gangs get their guns from mostly legitimate sources. They either steal from legal owners, or they buy them from gun shows in states with gun show loopholes.

Fewer guns for sale means fewer guns for the gangs.

Old 12-22-2014, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Actually, Chicago is much safer than Louisiana, Alabama, etc. where there are few gun laws but tons of bodies.

And you must be trolling me to think that an average citizen has any legitimate use of a military assault weapon
I don't know anyone in the military that would be willing to go to war with a civilian assault rifle. Military uses fully automatic rifles. When will you understand the difference?
You can understand the difference between a gun that fires one bullet with each pull of the trigger versus a rifle that sprays billets with one pull of the trigger.

Also... Your geography isn't too good either. You are comparing Chicago the city, against Alabama and Louisiana that are states.

Old 12-22-2014, 09:48 PM

Quote:
The inner gangs get their guns from mostly legitimate sources. They either steal from legal owners, or they buy them from gun shows in states with gun show loopholes.

Fewer guns for sale means fewer guns for the gangs.
Guns are disposable now. Not.
Guns can last a lifetime.
300 million of them on our streets.

Old 12-22-2014, 09:50 PM

Quote:
No excuse to cut the flow now.

Ban guns today, become as safe as Europe in forty years, seems like a good plan for me

Old 12-22-2014, 09:51 PM

Quote:
I don't know anyone in the military that would be willing to go to war with a civilian assault rifle. Military uses fully automatic rifles. When will you understand the difference?
You can understand the difference between a gun that fires one bullet with each pull of the trigger versus a rifle that sprays billets with one pull of the trigger.
An assault rifle is semi automatic, allowing the shooter to shoot bullets as fast as he can pull the trigger. I see no reason you need to shoot an entire clip into a deer. Isn't one bullet enough?

That's way different from a double barrel shotgun.

Old 12-22-2014, 09:54 PM

Quote:
So lets get them off the streets with gun buybacks, and close the flow of guns by severely limiting civilian purchases.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies