Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2014, 09:12 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,877,697 times

Advertisements

They use to sale military surplus guns thru mail order. Of course that is when people where not so violent either; just showing what the real problem is.

Old 12-22-2014, 09:13 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
Let's recap your ignorance about firearms..

First you thought guns are shipped to your home when buying online. Wrong.
Then you thought the 2a was only for the military. Wrong.
Then you thought this Kellerman study was accurate. Then the author changed his view. Wrong.
Then you thought if a home invasion happens, you should not defend your family because they never want to kill you and you should curl up in a ball and beg for mercy while they rape your wife and leave no witnesses. Wrong.
You thought a civilian "assault" rifle operates like its military counterpart. Wrong, they just look alike. that's what the anti gun folks hope you believe so you join their cause.
Eggman is just completely clueless. So sad,

If he's going to argue guns he should know something about them.

Old 12-22-2014, 09:15 PM

91 posts, read 51,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Ain't going to happen. You're in for a lifetime of disappointment.

President Obama himself has done more to spread weapons through the US. Congratulations for voting for him.
Obama hasn't gone far enough. He should have fought harder for the 2013 assault weapon ban and background check bills

He used to support a handgun ban as a senator. But even he was afraid of the NRA and "changed his views." Personally, I think its cowardly to see a handgun ban working in your city (Chicago), but not have the heart to try to bring an equal level of gunsense to the nation as a whole.

Old 12-22-2014, 09:17 PM

7,359 posts, read 6,531,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggboxes View Post
I asked for evidence that the original Kellerman study was wrong, and none of you haven;t given me any.

Give me just one example of flawed research, bad calculations, etc.

BTW. I was a social worker in Oak Park, a suburb of Chicago.
You also didn't answer my question about victims. Do you want a 90 year old grandma at the mercy of a stronger perp?
Quote:
You can't kill 28 people in five minutes with a car.
Sure you can.
Quote:
Besides, you need a license to own a car, but not a gun.
Cars aren't a right protected by the Constitution.
Quote:
You're also not allowed to drive a monster truck or taxi a jet on a normal road,
You can't just use a gun in public either, you either have to be on a range, or acting in defense of life.
Quote:
so why in hell are people allowed to own weapons that the Army uses?
They aren't without paying $200 to the ATF and jumping through all kinds of other hoops.
Quote:
Heller vs. DC is like Dredd Scott or Plessey vs. Ferguson.
Those two latter cases blocked rights, Heller upholds them, not gonna be changed.
Quote:
The awful product of a biased court that will go down as a shame in the history textbooks.
Well, it will, but for different cases (namely obamacare and pretending driving checkpoints are legal).
Quote:
Hopefully, within the next ten years, I see a reversal of Heller. Hopefully, within my lifetime, I see the end of the second amendment, or at least the proper interpretation of it (an actual militia, aka the military, bearing arms, no random nutjobs)
Wrong, militia has nothing to with the the 2nd amendment, maybe you should go back to middle school English courses to learn why.
Quote:
The cops had guns. Shouldn't they have been saved by their magical, holy guns?
Typical anti-gun attitude: "if they aren't the cure-all, then they're completely ineffective." What about the people who have had guns and been saved by them? Do their lives not matter? Do you wish them dead to satisfy your personal dislike of inanimate objects?

Old 12-22-2014, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Eggman is just completely clueless. So sad,

If he's going to argue guns he should know something about them.
I know a lot about guns.

I know they kill 30,000 people a year.

I know that they kill more people in America than in the rest of the civilized world combined

I know a lot about assault rifles, mainly, that they are used for war, and for mass murder, and nothing else.

Old 12-22-2014, 09:19 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,771,744 times
Quote:
Obama hasn't gone far enough. He should have fought harder for the 2013 assault weapon ban and background check bills

He used to support a handgun ban as a senator. But even he was afraid of the NRA and "changed his views." Personally, I think its cowardly to see a handgun ban working in your city (Chicago), but not have the heart to try to bring an equal level of gunsense to the nation as a whole.
Ha ha! That's HILARIOUS!! Touting Chicago as a shining example of crime control before Conceal Carry was allowed.

Chicago crime rate drops as concealed carry gun permit applications surge - Washington Times

Chicago crime rate drops as concealed carry applications surge.

Old 12-22-2014, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
You also didn't answer my question about victims. Do you want a 90 year old grandma at the mercy of a stronger perp?

Sure you can.

Cars aren't a right protected by the Constitution.

You can't just use a gun in public either, you either have to be on a range, or acting in defense of life.

They aren't without paying $200 to the ATF and jumping through all kinds of other uses.

Those two latter cases blocked rights, Heller upholds them, not gonna be changed.

Well, it will, but for different cases (namely obamacare and pretending driving checkpoints are legal).

Wrong, militia has nothing to with the the 2nd amendment, maybe you should go back to middle school English courses to learn why.

Typical anti-gun attitude: "if they aren't the cure-all, then they're completely ineffective." What about the people who have had guns and been saved by them? Do their lives not matter? Do you wish them dead to satisfy your personal dislike of inanimate objects?
As for the grandma, she can just give her purse, and the guy will msot likely flee the scene without further ado. She can call the cops as soon as she's safe.

People need a lisence to drive in all 50 states, but can carry guns openly in public in many states. How does this make sense?

The militia is an organized, structured fighting force made up of citizens, aka our armed forces

The thing is, far more people are killed by their guns than saved by them (43 times as many, to be exact. And you still haven;t debunked any part of that study yet)

Old 12-22-2014, 09:20 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,771,744 times
Quote:
I know a lot about guns.

I know they kill 30,000 people a year.

I know that they kill more people in America than in the rest of the civilized world combined

I know a lot about assault rifles, mainly, that they are used for war, and for mass murder, and nothing else.
Nah, you don't know much about guns.

You are very fearful and ignorant and believe the left wing propaganda, none of which is true.

Old 12-22-2014, 09:22 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,085,925 times
Now I know your just trolling.
The gun ban in Chicago is working? Seriously? The murder capital of the US?

If you recall when congress voted down the gun control bill, Obama expressed his anger and issued 22executive orders on gun control. He went as far as his powers legally let him.

Old 12-22-2014, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
Ha ha! That's HILARIOUS!! Touting Chicago as a shining example of crime control before Conceal Carry was allowed.

Chicago crime rate drops as concealed carry gun permit applications surge - Washington Times

Chicago crime rate drops as concealed carry applications surge.
The guns used in crimes during the handgun ban were from other states. And crime has gone down in Chicago DESPITE looser gun laws, since gun ownership as a whole is decreasing, meaning fewer gun owners committing crimes with their guns
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies