Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2015, 10:57 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,755,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCforever View Post
Yeah, until you add people there's no danger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by incommunicado View Post
You guys are hilarious. Every other developed country on earth has homicides rate FEW TIMES LOWER than ours and all of them have strict gun control. We are the ONLY developed country in the world with lax gun laws and the only one with crime rates WORSE than many of the third world countries.
Yet you still fail to draw any conclusions.... Hillarious.
Hilarious indeed, if the topic weren't as serious as a heart attack. There isn't a concept in all of life that is easier to understand....and yet they are unreachable. And that despite the daily reminders of the threat that their petrified stance poses to themselves and their loved ones.

Though I've long known better, I foolishly took a couple off ignore (temporarily) in order to respond to a couple of posts. A complete waste of time as always.

I thank you both for your voices of reason. But we have many more miles to go before we sleep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2015, 11:00 AM

46,374 posts, read 27,217,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Hilarious indeed, if the topic weren't as serious as a heart attack. There isn't a concept in all of life that is easier to understand....and yet they are unreachable. And that despite the daily reminders of the threat that their petrified stance poses to themselves and their loved ones.

Though I've long known better, I foolishly took a couple off ignore (temporarily) in order to respond to a couple of posts. A complete waste of time as always.

I thank you both for your voices of reason. But we have many more miles to go before we sleep.

Yes... funny...you want more laws for people who don't care about laws....

That's leftist logic! Congrats...

Old 01-06-2015, 11:01 AM

32,035 posts, read 36,882,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
That is exactly what carrying a concealed weapon prepares you for.

And I could post just as many if not more stories of people defending their lives with a concealed weapon, so where exactly does that leave us?
Er, these shooters were all concealed carry folks, WhipperSnapper.

Are you saying the point of concealed carry is to protect yourself from other concealed carriers?

What about the rest of us poor slobs? What do we say to this Texas lady, who was killed walking down the street in a tourist town by a bullet accidentally fired from across the street by a concealed carry guy?

Moron accidentally shoots himself and kills an innocent woman in Helen, GA

Man charged with accidentally shooting, killing woman

Old 01-06-2015, 11:10 AM

46,374 posts, read 27,217,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Er, these shooters were all concealed carry folks, WhipperSnapper.

Are you saying the point of concealed carry is to protect yourself from other concealed carriers?

What about the rest of us poor slobs? What do we say to this Texas lady, who was killed walking down the street in a tourist town by a bullet accidentally fired from across the street by a concealed carry guy?

Moron accidentally shoots himself and kills an innocent woman in Helen, GA

From your link:
Quote:
It was not known whether Lampien, the owner of a commercial and industrial air conditioning company, had a concealed-carry permit for his handgun. Nor was it known whether he had removed the weapon from a holster before the shot fired. Lampien received a minor hand injury and was treated at a Gainesville hospital.

Old 01-06-2015, 11:14 AM

chucksnee, you have to read the second link, which is why I posted both of them:

Quote:
HELEN, Ga. -- A man is in custody charged with involuntary manslaughter after authorities say his gun accidentally went off and killed a woman from Texas.

In a release, the GBI says it happened around 10:40 p.m. Saturday on North Main Street in Helen.

The GBI says Glenn Patrick Lampien, 54, of Jasper was sitting on a bench near the King Ludwig Biergarten when he pulled a small caliber gun from his pocket.

The gun went off, shooting Lampien through the hand, and then hitting May Araim, 68 of Texas. Araim was across the street. She died at the scene.

The GBI says Lampien did have a carry license for the gun.

Old 01-06-2015, 11:16 AM

6,848 posts, read 8,013,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
This chart includes suicides....and just as before, I'll be glad to tear this chart and your link up again....

There were so many holes in that link....
A gun death is a death whether murder, suicide or accident. The chart shows an unmistakable correlation between gun ownership and deaths.

Old 01-06-2015, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCforever View Post
The chart shows an unmistakable correlation between gun ownership and deaths.
I am much less concerned about gun ownership than I am about reckless, foolish and/or just plain stupid gun use and storage.

We need to focus on the conduct, not the gun.

No, of course you will never eliminate all idiots but we can sure do a whole lot better. It's insane for a woman to be shot dead in a Walmart by her own toddler.

Old 01-06-2015, 11:34 AM

29,652 posts, read 14,769,435 times
Quote:
LOL... back this up....if that were true....thee would be many more dead people...

But you cannot, you know better....

For every gangbanger killed a non-gangbanger also gets killed...HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Link, or just like most anti gunners in this thread...just another lie to suit your needs....
I know, I was sitting here laughing myself.

There were 300 homicides in Detroit last year (actually the lowest since 1967 which is deceiving in itself) , add up how many in DC, Chicago, LA, Atlanta and where ever else there is a huge conglomeration of gang banger thug types in one year... and it doesn't hold a candle to the negligent discharges, or hunting accidents that have happened in the last 5 years.

Old 01-06-2015, 11:35 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,956,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
It's insane for a woman to be shot dead in a Walmart by her own toddler.
Wrong! It is sad for a woman to be shot dead in a Walmart by her own toddler, it is insane for a woman to be shot dead by a total stranger from across the street!!

Old 01-06-2015, 11:45 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,956,612 times
Quote:
LOL... back this up....if that were true....thee would be many more dead people...

But you cannot, you know better....

For every gangbanger killed a non-gangbanger also gets killed...HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Link, or just like most anti gunners in this thread...just another lie to suit your needs....
I never said that every middle class gun accident resulted in a fatality. Some accidents are life ending though even if technically the victim is still alive. There are an awful lot of gun accidents and overall gun mayhem in what is considered the middle class sector of America. You cannot deny this. Added all up it about equals the gun mayhem taking place in the hood. It really does. No link but despite what your fevered imaginaiton would like to think... there are only about 38 million black people and they aren't all gangbangers! Relatively very few black people own guns. By the numbers, there are hundreds of thousands of legally registered handguns at the center of tens of thousands of tragic accidents many resulting in death. Deny it all you want. Makes NO difference to me. I am not going to be one of them. Unless some ****wad shoots me from across the street through his hand. My next of kin will have a field day with his assets in that case.

H
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies