Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2015, 10:22 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHastings View Post
I am speaking up for the 11 cartoonists who were killed by your Islamists for exercising their constitutionally given right to free speech.

You should watch these, some of them are quite clever!
Charlie-hebdo-french-satire-magazine
These were not your typical suicide terrorists. These are trained killers.

It's possible they are not Muslim. Instead, they might be guns for hire.

Anything is possible.

Old 01-07-2015, 10:22 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,038,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Didn't a POS finish off 2 officers in NY recently?
That was done by a deranged psychopath hellbent on revenge.

Do you think it's simply odd coincidence that 99% of terrorist acts around the globe are committed by muslims?
Wow, there sure is a lot of deranged religious fanatics out there who all just happen to belong to the same religion....

So, just coincidental or maybe it has something to do with the common denominator.....islam.

Ohhh Smack!

Old 01-07-2015, 10:23 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
The only questin left is this....are we going to have to wipe the entire lot of them out because they can't control their extremists? They may leave us no other choice.
But their sleepers are revenging blasphemy against their prophet.
To speak out against it would be siding with the blasphemists and put them in hot water.

So they all just sit in silence.

Old 01-07-2015, 10:25 AM

410 posts, read 398,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e2ksj3 View Post
The point is, a killing is a killing..I don't get care what the "cause" was. They are all nuts.. One isn't better than the other. Sandy Hook is just as bad as this.

I trust my coworkers more than I trust you. They haven't given me reason to fear for my life, but a person(s) lumping a group of a billion people into one category because of a few nuts does concern me. It is the same line of thinking Hitler used targeting a certain group and saying we should get rid of "them". We all know how that turned out.
"They are all nuts" is simply a faulty argument and the problem is less with Muslims and more with Islam.
Have you heard about Buddhist, Hindus, Sikhs going on a killing spree in any western country?

As long as Muslims believe that punishment for Blasphemy, Adultery, Homosexuality, Apostasy (leaving the religion) is death; their ideology is incompatible with the western civilization.

Old 01-07-2015, 10:26 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
Ninjas.

This attack should come as a surprise to NO-BODY.

Europeans are slowly waking up to the truth about the current invasion.

This won't sit well.

Old 01-07-2015, 10:27 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
In addition to the comments I made and copied from the "current events" thread that are just as appropriate to this discussion, I would like to comment that if I do something to someone that they consider an attack on their deity they do not have a right to kill me. They may have a right to sue me for verbal insult but that is about it.

As English Dave alluded to the government being against him and the rest of the citizens he is correct. The financial club that runs Britain and the rest of Europe only see Muslim immigrants as a solution to the possible financial woes of lower working class "native" populations requiring higher WAGES BECAUSE OF SCARICTY. To the financial masters importing Muslims solves their problems and the damaged done to the rest of society is irrelevant. The real question is who is actually running Britain (and Germany, France, Holland and the rest of Europe) the mostly Christian "natives" or the stateless master financiers. So long as the financiers are in charge there will be nearly limitless Muslim immigration. That will inevitably bring on cultural, religious and societal disaster.

As I said, I wrote this on the Current Events forum. I wanted to save retyping it.

"I am feeling threatened by these Muslim fanatics. Not so much for myself, as I live in a mostly Muslim free part of the US, but for my friends that extensively travel in Muslim infested areas. To me infestation is the proper description because I consider the believers in this fantasy to be dangerous pests. This recent attack in Paris certainly justifies the dangerous part. The massive welfare roles justifies the pests.

I hope the French people and their security forces realize they were and are Franks and let the famous fierceness of the Franks determine what they do with the cowardly killers as well as the organization and anyone that helped them. It is time that France seriously considered sending much of their Muslim population back to wherever they or their parents came from. France may need workers (debatable) but they do not need terrorists or religious fanatics. Neither do the rest of Europe or the rest of the Western World." GREGW

Middle-aged-mom posted in #220 that, paraphrased, ISIS provides the fanatics a middle class income and THE PROMISE OF A WIFE. The latter is likely to be supplied without the girl's consideration or consent as she is someone's property. Slavery is another reason to destroy this inimical and disgusting culture and evil religion.

Last edited by GregW; 01-07-2015 at 10:39 AM..

Old 01-07-2015, 10:28 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Do you think that the attack on the magazine ADVANCED a religious ideology?

Because I don't. I think the reaction is quite the opposite, that people (of all beliefs) are repulsed by this kind of violence. And I think the terrorists know that. They don't think that this is going to attract people to their cause, it's not going to persuade people that Islam is a great religion. Just the opposite.

Their motivation isn't to advance their religion. It's to make people aware of their anger and dissatisfaction. They are the whiners who have determined that they won't be ignored anymore. Religion is just a tool. Anger and hatred is what really guides them.
" Religion is just a tool".

Old 01-07-2015, 10:28 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,121,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I side with the Constitution of the United States. I believe, with every fiber of my being, that the republic that the Founding Fathers designed is the best government ever created, that it didn't just promise freedom but laid out a foundation for freedom that is unequaled in the history of man. When I read the tripe you post here, about egregiously violating the First Amendment of that Constitution, about blithely dismissing the freedoms outlined in that First Amendment, I cringe. When Ben Franklin remarked that they had created a republic, if we could keep it, he recognized that there would be people like you, many, many people like you, who would act out of fear and hatred, and undermine the principles of this nation, by restricting free speech, by outlawing certain religions, by putting into laws their prejudices, fears and biases. The enemy is not terrorists in France, the enemy is ourselves. We are too willing to sacrifice freedom, we are too blind to see that security is just an illusion.

There will always be terrorists among the human race. People who are angry and who feel ignored and who think the world should be fair. They will resort to violence in an effort to be heard, to air their grievances. There will always be terrorists. And we will always have to fight them.

But, more importantly, we will always have to fight to preserve the Constitution of the United States. That's a fight that is ongoing. And the enemy isn't the masked man with some automatic weapon. It's ourselves. It's our fear and our blind hatred. We cannot violate the rights of the few without violating the rights of all of us.

If you were only sincere. Nowhere in the Constitution does it say we as a nation should commit suicide by guaranteeing our enemies their rights.

You're understanding of the Constitution omits the Second Amendment.

Old 01-07-2015, 10:29 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,038,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
The only questin left is this....are we going to have to wipe the entire lot of them out because they can't control their extremists? They may leave us no other choice.

muslims are like pit bulls....Not all of them are bad, but enough of them are that they've given the whole breed a bad reputation.

Old 01-07-2015, 10:29 AM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
France will classify this not as a terrorist attack but rather that of a deranged cartoon critic that hated their font type.

(I do see that they are calling it a terror attack and that there are 4 gunmen, it's just that they have a history of trying not to offend the local muslim population over past actions)
OK, you may want to check on your recent French history there. France has dealt with religious terrorism since at least the 1980s, and they're not known for their soft touch. Those are the guys who nabbed Charles the Jackal (arguably the worst of his ilk until bin Laden appeared), they have boots on the ground in Chad and Mali, they have anti-terror laws that give the authorities a degree of leeway that would be unthinkable in the US.

You can accuse the French of a lot, but being soft on terror? Not so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies