Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2015, 01:12 PM

7,515 posts, read 5,758,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Most people who are labeled as leeches, and moochers are exactly like you, working people who pay taxes. The people making these claims insist on tax cuts for the high-earners and tax hikes for the low and middle class.
Do you understand Osama has taxed the middle class to death?

Full List of Obama Tax Hikes | Americans for Tax Reform

Old 01-21-2015, 01:13 PM

6,848 posts, read 7,999,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no_more_handouts View Post
The bottom 50% pays little or no taxes. These people need to start carrying their own weight and stop relying on the rest of us to pick up the slack for them. I didn't suffer through all those years of college just so I could hand over more of my money to cover their portion of the tax revenue. I'm sick of dragging all this dead weight around.
The bottom 50% don't make any money.

Old 01-21-2015, 01:13 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,597,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Perhaps they should pay with their own slave labor like those who pay federal income tax do.
yes, i agree that they should be forced to perform useful functions in
exchange for their benefits, to some degree.

Old 01-21-2015, 01:15 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,500,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Why should everyone have an equal responsibility to bear the burden of the costs of Government, when as it is the more money you have the more you can influence Government and buy representatives/puppets for your own personal benefit?

Until we fix our broken system that allows a MINUTE FRACTION of the population to own politicians and enact legislation that benefit the nation-less corporations and banks that they own, we should not expect people to pay more for a Government that they are not even represented by. That is just stupid.

Nobody is saying someone making $450,000 or even $2,450,000 a year, paying taxes and consuming should have to pay more in taxes or for anything-As is, that person pays a shockingly high amount in taxes. Resorting to such simplistic and divisive arguments is what the truly rich and powerful want.

It is just simply not sustainable to have the wealth of a nation concentrated in the greedy hands of such a tiny MINUTE fraction of the population; It is just simple civics and mathematics.
is this not a country were "all men are treated equal"

why do we discriminate and charge one person 10% but another 35%

set a rate that is equal for all

and instead of taxing income(which a good portion is never reported), why not eliminate the income taxes(and the corporate,exise,estate taxes) and tax spending

Pass the Fair Tax | FAIRtax.org

Old 01-21-2015, 01:21 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:
LOL, such a statist you are-I thought Republicans were against Government intrusion?

Why don't you start by reporting your local bartender, your kids' babysitter and all your servers at the restaurants you eat out at?

Pathetic.
What? you think reporting is pathetic. That makes you unpatriotic and in support of tax evasion... imagine that, you preach it but don't want to practice what you preach.

Servers at restaurants? Before Obama I paid cash tips but now they could be one of the idiots who thinks it's cool to pay taxes I now put the tip on the credit card too ... just making sure the tip is recorded and that they pay their fair share.

Babysitter, not my issue. But anyone I do hire I make them sign an Independent Contractor documents. Then send a 1099 form at tax time. That way they pay their fair share.

Old 01-21-2015, 01:23 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,944,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post

set a rate that is equal for all

and instead of taxing income(which a good portion is never reported), why not eliminate the income taxes(and the corporate,exise,estate taxes) and tax spending

Pass the Fair Tax | FAIRtax.org
I would LOVE to see income taxes eliminated and only tax spending-it would allow for those that have more and consume more, to pay more in taxes organically.

Old 01-21-2015, 01:24 PM

1,540 posts, read 1,126,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
So, you just retired at 62. How's that Social Security check treating you? Many of the bottom 50% are seniors who worked 35 to 50 years at a job and now live on their Social Security and are part of the 50% who don't pay taxes.
All the while you claim everyone of those 50% are on welfare as you cash your social security check every month.

I certainly don't intend to live off my ss income in retirement....It was never intended to be your only means of income. I paid into social security for almost 40 years, it is nice to see some of it back which is a far cry from welfare recipients getting money for doing nothing and continuing it through the generations like it was an inheritance. If seniors are living off of their ss checks they didn't save enough. While they were busy spending all of their paycheck we were saving as much of ours as we could....Either work while you are young or work when you are old...You pick, I like it better my way.
ps.....If ss stopped tomorrow it wouldn't change our lives at all, doesn't mean we don't deserve what we paid into and were promised.

Old 01-21-2015, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
What? you think reporting is pathetic. That makes you unpatriotic and tax evasion... imagine that, you preach it but don't want to practice what you preach.

Servers at restaurants? Before Obama I paid cash tips but now they could be one of the idiots who thinks it's cool to pay taxes I now put the tip on the credit card too ... just making sure the tip is recorded and that they pay their fair share.

Babysitter, not my issue. But anyone I do hire I make them sign independent contractor documents. Then send a 1099 form at tax time. That way they pay their fair share.

LOL-I am patriotic to my country, not my Government.

To be honest, presently I do not care if someone does or does not pay taxes-because I do not agree with how and where our Government spends it. I wish EVERYONE would stop paying taxes at once.

Old 01-21-2015, 01:29 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:
LOL-I am patriotic to my country, not my Government.

To be honest, presently I do not care if someone does or does not pay taxes-because I do not agree with how and where our Government spends it.
I agree but if they don't think government gets enough of our money it's time they pay taxes on every dime. Maybe then they'll get a clue and won't think paying taxes is so cool for a bunch of politicians to waste.

It takes a lot of nerve to demand that others pay more while they "illegally" hide their income. If they are going to preach then practice what they preach.

Old 01-21-2015, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I agree but if they don't think government gets enough of our money it's time they pay taxes on every dime. Maybe then they'll get a clue and won't think paying taxes is so cool.

It takes a lot of nerve to demand that others pay more while they "illegally" hide their income. If they are going to preach then practice what they preach.

I agree people are misguided that think the answer is just for "the rich" to pay more in taxes.

Bureacracy will never solve anything-the Government only wants more, more, more.

Republicans and Democrats play both sides. The D's tell their constituents that the rich need to pay more. The R's tell their constituents that there need to be cuts. In reality there need to be both but "rich" is not the Doctor making $500,000 per year but someone with enough money to hide it offshore, evade taxes and buy politicians/elections. And there are Trillions of Dollars worth of things to cut before welfare for AMERICANS.

What really needs to change is the collusion between our Government and the select few nation-less corporations and banks that own it. We have too many industrial complexes and people that have been becoming obscenely wealthy off them for far too long.

That is not a free market.

Last edited by 2e1m5a; 01-21-2015 at 01:41 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies