Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2015, 07:08 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,048,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
^^^ Said by someone who doesn't understand the difference between income and wealth. $100k isn't nothing compared to the rich that you hate.
If you earn a high income, you are wealthy, what in god's name do you mean the difference between wealth and income? I understand some are wealthoer than others, everything is relative, but if you've consistently made over 100k year after year, you're wealthy, period.

Old 06-24-2015, 07:38 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,745,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westboundrambler View Post
If you earn a high income, you are wealthy, what in god's name do you mean the difference between wealth and income? I understand some are wealthoer than others, everything is relative, but if you've consistently made over 100k year after year, you're wealthy, period.
ROFLMAO. $100k is NOT wealthy. And it certainly isn't the jet setting wealth you so despise. So what say you about people just out of college, just making that amount, paying for dead beats, just starting out, paying college debt. And you are exactly the type that Obama was able to fool.

Damn,... the stupidity of the American voter.

Old 06-24-2015, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westboundrambler View Post
what in god's name do you mean the difference between wealth and income?
LOLOL ^^^^ O's useful Idiot

If I am going to work every day to make $100k then no I am not rich. If I receive a cash flow of $100k a year without working then yes I am doing pretty damn good if not rich.

While the two concepts often go hand in hand, using the terms interchangeably is misleading and oh how Obama and Democrats mislead you. America’s most wealthy individuals don’t necessarily draw the highest levels of income.

Income as the amount of money someone receives on a regular basis, while wealth is the length of time that person could maintain their current lifestyle without going to work.

You O supporters think that someone who works for W2 income and makes $100k is wealthy lol, wow! especially not after the government takes their cut. W2 income is the worst kind of income. You want "wealth" that produces cash flow without you having to go to work. What you O supporters did was hurt people making W2 income, in other words people WORKING for their income, the rich who have more control over their money and made changes. Sure people with wealth will make income that pay taxes on it but not like the W2 worker.

By the time the government gets their grab it gets harder to build your wealth but ya go ahead and think it's good to pay more and more taxes then wonder why you can't climb out of the rat hole.

Last edited by petch751; 06-24-2015 at 07:59 PM..

Old 06-24-2015, 07:42 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,036,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no_more_handouts View Post
The bottom 50% pays little or no taxes. These people need to start carrying their own weight and stop relying on the rest of us to pick up the slack for them. I didn't suffer through all those years of college just so I could hand over more of my money to cover their portion of the tax revenue. I'm sick of dragging all this dead weight around.
Lol - so much ignorance!

When are people going to educate themselves before creating stupid posts on this forum?

Contrary to "Entitlement Society" Rhetoric, Over Nine-Tenths of Entitlement Benefits Go to Elderly, Disabled, or Working Households | Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

Wow!

By the way... did you get any grants or government aid in college? Because, quite frankly, as a tax-payer, I'm disappointed in the results of what my money was spent on if THAT is what you consider an intelligent argument. It's a shame I'll be dragging your dead weight around for years, waiting for you to pay off those student loans... or whatever other form of tax payer generosity you've no doubt benefited from over the years.

Old 06-24-2015, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Lol - so much ignorance!

When are people going to educate themselves before creating stupid posts on this forum?

Contrary to "Entitlement Society" Rhetoric, Over Nine-Tenths of Entitlement Benefits Go to Elderly, Disabled, or Working Households | Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

Wow!

By the way... did you get any grants or government aid in college? Because, quite frankly, as a tax-payer, I'm disappointed in the results of what my money was spent on if THAT is what you consider an intelligent argument. It's a shame I'll be dragging your dead weight around for years, waiting for you to pay off those student loans... or whatever other form of tax payer generosity you've no doubt benefited from over the years.
So you are disappointed in someone who took student loans and are paying them back but give a pass to people who stick their hands out without any intention of paying a dime back. ROLL EYES.

Welfare has proven to be a very poor investment.

Your post is idiotic

Old 06-24-2015, 07:53 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,911,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no_more_handouts View Post
I didn't suffer through all those years of college just so I could hand over more of my money to cover their portion of the tax revenue. I'm sick of dragging all this dead weight around.
The college you went to received alot of taxpayer money when you were attending.

Just think about how all of the taxpayers that were working at the time must have felt about paying taxes to support a place you went to suffer / study at.

Old 06-24-2015, 07:54 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
So you want to tax people who are already not making much and may be barely getting by and not people who more then enough money to live on and will not really miss the money? Right Wingers keep finding new ways to screw over the poor.
GIVING people money is NOT screwing over the poor, under no way shape or form is that true..

EVERYONE needs to contribute to society.

Old 06-24-2015, 07:57 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
There you go conflating again. I'm unwilling to be casually lumped in with the baby mamas.

My employer is in the top tax bracket and the top 1 percent. I gave at the workplace.
Your CHOICE to get PAID in exchange for labor, isnt "giving at the workplace".

Do you REALLY have this attitude?

Old 06-24-2015, 08:17 PM

Quote:
So you want to tax people who are already not making much and may be barely getting by and not people who more then enough money to live on and will not really miss the money? Right Wingers keep finding new ways to screw over the poor.
So what the hell did people bust their asses for? A better life or to support people like you?

Screwing the poor?? Why because they want to keep more of the money they worked for, that's considered screwing the poor? Why because you want other people to pay your share? You're "woe is me" is pathetic. If you don't care about yourself enough to improve your financial standing then why should someone else?

Old 06-24-2015, 08:23 PM

Quote:
enough money to live on and will not really miss the money?
And who the hell are you to determine who has enough money and if they won't miss the money? The audacity of people like you is amazing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies