Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2015, 12:45 AM

5,717 posts, read 3,148,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
If he were really poor, his ratios would not have qualified him for a mortgage unless he paid close to zero for the property. Possible, but unlikely in most areas.
Well, just keep coming up with the excuses. Let me know how that works out for you.

Old 06-26-2015, 03:23 AM

6,395 posts, read 6,280,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
No, they don't. The refundable tax credits they get are phased out for the rich. Get a clue.
Maybe you are thinking only of yourself (shocking, I know) but many poor have no "refundable tax credits." Again, it's not like they have mortgages.

You and many here are so ill informed it's scary. Most have no idea what poverty really is. Tax credits? On WHAT?! Do you even think before you type?

Old 06-26-2015, 03:42 AM

6,395 posts, read 6,280,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Fair share is when everyone pays the same percentage of their income, period.
Unless you own a home or have kids, WE DO ALL PAY THE SAME PERCENTAGE!

These threads make me wanna bang my head against the wall.

Old 06-26-2015, 05:32 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,469,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Well, just keep coming up with the excuses. Let me know how that works out for you.

Not excuses, just reality...lenders go by the numbers. If your income is not sufficient, lenders don't lend.

Old 06-26-2015, 08:04 AM

1,069 posts, read 1,048,298 times
Quote:
Not excuses, just reality...lenders go by the numbers. If your income is not sufficient, lenders don't lend.
Exactly, Neko is off her rocker, you can't be "dirt poor" and get a loan. I don't consider myself "dirt poor" and I couldn't get approved for the smallest loan imaginable.

Old 06-26-2015, 08:27 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
End the mortgage interest deduction?

End tax-free employer-provided health benefits?

End taxpayer bailouts for homeowners?
ALLOWING PEOPLE TO KEEP THEIR OWN MONEY IS NOT WELFARE...

No wonder you make minimum wage flipping burgers..

Old 06-26-2015, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Landlords are becoming wealthier by the month; what are they doing to earn it?
Taking on risk and providing YOU with housing.. jeesus.. Do you really not know they provide you with a place to live?

Old 06-26-2015, 08:31 AM

Quote:
I'm a BOB. Barely Over Broke.
Thats because you keep doing things that cause you to be BOB
Quote:
The fact that tens of millions of Americans get by in retirement with NO investments is proof that nobody NEEDS a pile of equities to fund retirement.
Then stop complaining that you're one of them.
Quote:
100 million Americans depend on affordable rents to fund their retirement. When will the federal government bail out these renters?
Makes no sense, you're just whining again.

Old 06-26-2015, 08:35 AM

Quote:
I work in a high-volume convenience store. We have two dozen employees and our employer nets $3M per year, while paying $1M income tax. Only two employees have kids.

That works out to over $100K of production per employee. We're pulling our weight.
I very much doubt this to be true, if it is... I suggest you start another convenience store right across the street and take some of that profits.. I know, you'll have another excuse.. I'll wait.
Quote:
I'm proof my statement holds true.
Then why do you spend so much time complaining about being poor, if your statement holds true?

Old 06-26-2015, 10:28 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,745,785 times
Quote:
Wealth is derived from assets, therefore, the poor are inherently at a disadvantage in building wealth, because the non-poor - and especially the wealthy - can outbid the poor in acquiring assets.
When you work you earn an asset called money. If you spend that asset you have to work more to make more. If you increase your income, because of our progressive tax code the government gets to take a higher percentage of you assets. Kind of your damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Yep, the poor are at a disadvantage. If you make more, the government takes more making it harder for you to build wealth. But according to you liberals and democrats, taking your assets is a good thing. You don't stand a chance in hell or it will take a damn long time. So go ahead and support those money grabbing politicians and wonder why you can't get out of the rat race.

Now go to work, the government needs more of your assets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies