Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where do you stand on marijuana legalization?
It should be illegal in all forms, including medical 32 13.56%
It should be legal for medical purposes only 36 15.25%
It should be legal in all forms, although I would never use it 80 33.90%
It should be legal in all forms and I would use it 88 37.29%
Voters: 236. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 08:48 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,227,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Happy Birthday to the late, great Bob Marley by the way!

"When you smoke the herb, it reveals you to yourself."

Old 02-07-2015, 12:32 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Well looks like more than half of CD are potheads. I guess that would explain the liberal presence around here. Too stoned to think straight.
What's your excuse then?

Old 02-07-2015, 01:19 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,087,312 times
Nothing stirs up the natives like not agreeing with them that mj isn't as good for you as they state... and it isn't...

Also trying to regulate someone who feels empowered through drug use... usually because of gaping holes elsewhere in their existence is difficult at best... it is generational...

Mj today can potentially get you high with very small amounts...its potency has gained many times over the last ten years as dopers seek better and more efficient highs... from higher potency dope to techniques of distillation and vaping

These are broken people ... we can only feel sorry for them... many of them have lost their moral compass... insert any drug you like... but especially marijuana and its radical elements

Terrorism is a threat... but we are doing a great job killing ourselves from within.
I have watched the change in the areas where I have lived from marijuana use and production. Fortunately the citizenry spoke loudly in the last election against unfettered mj use... when it is widespread the abuse follows ... its a total joke and scam on the rest of us.
Regulate before you recreate....

Potheads cannot control themselves... its been demonstrated over and over...

Old 02-07-2015, 06:22 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Actually he can provide links for those (and a quick google search can provide them), theres a ton of anti-drug information out there relating to what he says. Often its wrong or misleading, but there is also some truth to it.

Its kind of funny, if you follow some of the stuff he discusses, and get to the nitty gritty details, you ill find yourself amazed at what passed for facts that other people refer too.

Kinda like autism being caused by vaccines for example.
Most of it is simple correlation. For example, there is a correlation between tattoos and illegal drug use, but one does not cause the other.

Old 02-07-2015, 06:24 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Overnight is a euphemism. IE replace "overnight" with "surprisingly fast"

And Meth takes a few years, but it permanently damages folks.

As does alcohol.....and other drugs.

The bottom line really is...how much of a nanny state should we be? Me, I kinda find Meth to be a pretty horrible drug. The rest...meh. I'm sure theres a couple others that I find offensive enough, but not many. And certainly not pot.
True. For the most part, I hate drugs. Both legal and illegal. If all drugs were legal it would not change my consumption one bit.

Old 02-07-2015, 07:32 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,335,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrysda View Post
As I stated before, pot destroys much faster than alcohol!
Based on what? Can you offer inks? Proof? Scientific data?

If not, we can all clearly know you are simply pulling nonsense and BS from your backside and presenting it as fact.

Quote:
Working in social services is not something I would ever look at as contributing to the knowledge of the social problem.
Perhaps not. Nor did I make such a claim. It does, however, give me a substantial grounding in the reality of such things, a close perspective and a greater awareness than many people, working as I did with stats and reports on both the state and national level.

Quote:
The fact that households receiving food stamps contain anyone in the workforce simply tells me that the government has very stupid laws.

Take away welfare/food stamps, etc. and you will find that a lot of those non-workers will be working.
Again, most households receiving food stamps contain at least one adult working at least one job.

We would do well to remember that, aside from the working poor, a huge percentage of food stamp recipients are the elderly, the disabled, and children.

Quote:
It was Obama who got his foolish fingers in that pie and stopped the work requirement...
You should become at least marginally informed about what you are discussing before your postings. Just some friendly advice. There ARE work requirements in place for food stamp recipients. These are far more stringent for people receiving TANF.

Old 02-07-2015, 08:58 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I don't need to either. But I enjoy life. Why do you assume everyone who drinks alcohol is drunk and everyone who smokes pot is a stoner?
i didn't say that. I said I don't need to get high or drunk to enjoy life. You assumed that I implied that.

Old 02-07-2015, 09:15 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,087,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
True. For the most part, I hate drugs. Both legal and illegal. If all drugs were legal it would not change my consumption one bit.

Cop out position which seems to be one you take on CD.

Perhaps a more accurate statement might be... I don't care about drugs because they don't affect the pursuit of my freedoms and life choices

Wish we could live in such nirvana... unfortunately the truth is drugs that get you high as a choice.. alcohol..mj.. all drugs that kill the brain affect all of us.. we pay for the innocent pothead... we pay for the narco terrorists... its the extent that's debatable

Find all those links yet... they are all there with legit studies...

Have a nice day.. please don't fall off your road king...(-:

Old 02-07-2015, 12:08 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
I am, however, all for legalisation and decriminalisation. Far too many people are behind bars for BS possession charges.
Agree 100%. They'd be far better off being contributing members of society than stuck behind bars.

Old 02-07-2015, 01:14 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Happy Birthday to the late, great Bob Marley by the way!

"When you smoke the herb, it reveals you to yourself."
I don't need to consume a mind-altering drug to reveal myself to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies