Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where do you stand on marijuana legalization?
It should be illegal in all forms, including medical 32 13.56%
It should be legal for medical purposes only 36 15.25%
It should be legal in all forms, although I would never use it 80 33.90%
It should be legal in all forms and I would use it 88 37.29%
Voters: 236. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 02:16 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,322,285 times

Advertisements

I hate the stuff personally. Smoking it makes me feel awful. But it really isn't harmful enough to be illegal. Booze is a lot more harmful.

Old 02-06-2015, 02:18 PM

1,609 posts, read 1,081,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
The first thing I ask people that want to work for us is can they pass the drug test.

Many have been surprised.......because we are a small business and local......and it is just shoving mud.

But, the equipment we use is very dangerous.

And they do have to drive big trucks.
When we operated our Construction Corporation, my husband refused to hire anyone who used drugs. He made that very clear and fired anyone who showed up "under the influence" of both drugs and/or alcohol.

No matter how much you try to equate alcohol with drugs...no, ain't happening. Alcohol takes years to destroy the body functions and brains. Drugs can do it overnight.

Old 02-06-2015, 02:19 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,392,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrysda View Post
When we operated our Construction Corporation, my husband refused to hire anyone who used drugs. He made that very clear and fired anyone who showed up "under the influence" of both drugs and/or alcohol.

No matter how much you try to equate alcohol with drugs...no, ain't happening. Alcohol takes years to destroy the body functions and brains. Drugs can do it overnight.
I know you can not have that around equipment.

Old 02-06-2015, 02:21 PM

3,792 posts, read 2,391,284 times
Quote:
Drugs can do it overnight.
With the exception of pot I agree with you.

Old 02-06-2015, 02:34 PM

1,609 posts, read 1,081,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Well, at least you are up front and very clear about the fact that you fully endorse Big Nanny State Government intrusion and invasion into the private lives of citizens.
Ya know, perhaps one could say "just keep your pot-smoking habit within the wall of your own home/living quarters so it is not pressed on society," except...all those pot heads who can't hold a job because of pot are still a burden to society in that now we have to pay welfare, wics, free medical care, etc., etc. because they can't hold a job and take care of themselves and their responsibilities.

It is a detriment to our society in many more ways, such as pot heads not having sense enough to control producing illegitimate offspring who end up on government welfare and it goes on and on. A good society needs all citizens to "contribute" and not "take!"

Old 02-06-2015, 02:36 PM

15,896 posts, read 12,009,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
And you can live in denial

And pro potheads can smoke their brains out... literally ...

Push back against pot nation is strong... obamaanics can't even see that he's happy to have potheads dumbed down and sedate...

Monsanto will be serving you soon enough ... and if you think government is bad wait until big biz is in your brain....

That is your ASSumption that everyone that partakes in cannabis is an Obama supporter! It is not a fact! You also ASSume that everyone that partakes in cannabis is dumbed down, and mindless drones which again is not a fact!

Old 02-06-2015, 02:37 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,456,359 times
Quote:
Ya know, perhaps one could say "just keep your pot-smoking habit within the wall of your own home/living quarters so it is not pressed on society," except...all those pot heads who can't hold a job because of pot are still a burden to society in that now we have to pay welfare, wics, free medical care, etc., etc. because they can't hold a job and take care of themselves and their responsibilities.

It is a detriment to our society in many more ways, such as pot heads not having sense enough to control producing illegitimate offspring who end up on government welfare and it goes on and on. A good society needs all citizens to "contribute" and not "take!"
I think you meant booze.....

Quote:
The cost of excessive alcohol consumption in the United States reached $223.5 billion in 2006 or about $1.90 per drink. Almost three-quarters of these costs were due to binge drinking. Binge drinking is defined as consuming four or more alcoholic beverages per occasion for women or five or more drinks per occasion for men, and is the most common form of excessive alcohol consumption in the United States.

The researchers found that the cost of excessive drinking was quite far-reaching, reflecting the effect this dangerous behavior has on many aspects of the drinker’s life and on the lives of those around them. The costs largely resulted from losses in workplace productivity (72% of the total cost), health care expenses for problems caused by excessive drinking (11% of total), law enforcement and other criminal justice expenses related to excessive alcohol consumption (9% of total), and motor vehicle crash costs from impaired driving (6% of the total).

Old 02-06-2015, 02:58 PM

15,896 posts, read 12,009,896 times
Quote:

Ahem! I'm gonna go ahead and stop ya right there! You say cannabis users can't hold a job, are on welfare, and a burden on society? Let's see, I work in inside sales 40 hours a week, in which I've been with the same company for what will be 8 years. I own a home, have a wife and ONE child that was conceived AFTER we were married! I do not take welfare benefits from the government, nor do I ask for anything from anyone! I know another neighbor that works in engineering, travels, and partakes in cannabis, and is doing quite well for himself! Now you were saying something about not being able to hold a job???? Hmmm 8 years at the same company would contradict your silly little stereotype, now wouldn't it?

No my friend, the only detriment to society is continuing prohibition, and using government force to tell people what they can and cannot consume, and criminalizing them for doing so!

Old 02-06-2015, 03:45 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,415,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Ahem! I'm gonna go ahead and stop ya right there! You say cannabis users can't hold a job, are on welfare, and a burden on society? Let's see, I work in inside sales 40 hours a week, in which I've been with the same company for what will be 8 years. I own a home, have a wife and ONE child that was conceived AFTER we were married! I do not take welfare benefits from the government, nor do I ask for anything from anyone! I know another neighbor that works in engineering, travels, and partakes in cannabis, and is doing quite well for himself! Now you were saying something about not being able to hold a job???? Hmmm 8 years at the same company would contradict your silly little stereotype, now wouldn't it?

No my friend, the only detriment to society is continuing prohibition, and using government force to tell people what they can and cannot consume, and criminalizing them for doing so!
And no1brownsfan is not alone. The FBI and CIA cant find enough software developers because so many of them have used pot. Prohibition has failed utterly.

Old 02-06-2015, 04:04 PM

3,792 posts, read 2,391,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
And no1brownsfan is not alone. The FBI and CIA cant find enough software developers because so many of them have used pot. Prohibition has failed utterly.
So we should legalize it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies