Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2015, 09:49 AM

7,280 posts, read 10,957,323 times

Advertisements

The problem isn't guns, the problem, obviously is brains. Some people know what to do with them and some don't. Lets ban bad brains.

Old 02-06-2015, 10:02 AM

10,864 posts, read 17,000,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
The problem isn't guns, the problem, obviously is brains. Some people know what to do with them and some don't. Lets ban bad brains.
It's been tried. Doesn't work. We cannot legislate intelligence, courtesy or morals.

The problem with guns is that they attract morons like a UV light attracts bugs. Not everyone with a gun is a moron, naturally. But morons manage to find their way to firearms in the same way that addicts find their way to drugs. People have a habit of seeking out things that aren't any good for them. Firearms are like crack cocaine for idiots.

Every mouthbreather spouting off the same tired "debate points" such as "if you take away guns, only criminals will have guns" needs to take responsibility for the people in the following video. Because it isn't just criminals murdering people with guns. Often it's just simpletons who aren't smart enough to take responsibility for their actions.

I repeat. If these idiots only shot themselves, I would be in favor of mailing everyone in America a firearm and letting this problem shoot itself out of existence. Too bad it doesn't work that way. It would solve many societal ills.

Old 02-06-2015, 10:05 AM

893 posts, read 886,573 times
Naw, they don't want to take your guns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_LaBJvI0BI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqlZCROAcJA

Old 02-06-2015, 10:21 AM

893 posts, read 886,573 times
dems don't even know the first thing about guns but they attempt to put legislation in place.

"Do you know what a barrel shroud is?"

"No"

"Well it's in your legislation."

"it's that shoulder thing that goes up..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ospNRk2uM3U

Old 02-06-2015, 10:29 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,094,642 times
I guess my underlying issue is how easy it is to take a life with guns, and they are so readily available. Yes, people will always try to kill other people, but does that mean we as a society should just allow everyone uncontrolled access with no measure of responsibility to the most portable & easiest means to do so?

The same day as the Newtown shooting, there was a lunatic in China who went to a school & stabbed 22 kids.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chenpen...chool_stabbing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_H...chool_shooting

The similarities are stark:

Same date
Crazed attacker
Targeting small children

The biggest difference? One had a knife, the other a gun.

The end result:

Newtown: 20 dead children & 6 dead adults
Chenpeng: 22 injured children, 1 injured adult

As the father of a toddler, I couldn't fathom the pain of burying a 6 yr old. Just typing that sentence pulls at the heartstrings.

No one wants their rights infringed, and if there were some way to ensure a gun doesn't end up in the hands of crazies or lazies, I'd be all for it. Absent of that, is there really nothing that can be done? I don't know if mental health screening is really the ticket. I think it's a part of a bigger solution, but there's always the scenario that someone might be fine when they bought the gun, but then a series of bad incidents pushes them over the edge. When that happens, you have someone who might be unstable and now owns a device that fits in a coat pocket and can kill at least 6 people. I don't know, I know there isn't always an answer, but its certainly food for thought, or in some people's case; knee-jerk reactions about the government seizing people's weapons.

Old 02-06-2015, 11:01 AM

3,146 posts, read 4,108,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
ahh, the term "gun nut" using that pretty much renders anything you have to say null and void. It is if I would have started my reply with calling you a liberal A_$$hat you would have pretty much ignored what I had to say.

Oh and for the record, any new purchase of a firearm requires a background check. And in some states, not all secondary sales also requires a purchase permit (which a background check is done) or in cases where the buyer and seller have CPL's , background checks have already been done.
Background checks are still not universally required. This is unfathomable and unacceptable to most people, including many of us legal gun owners.

Old 02-06-2015, 11:08 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,609,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
LMAO!!

So far on the ban list, guns, kids walking to parks, kids drawing pictures of guns in class, not having the right to refuse a vaccine for your kid, no smoking anywhere, fat kids are abused by feeding parents.....

Why not just forget the name America, and rename ourself because with all this mandating and banning I feel less American everyday.

Now I will throw away my gun, vax up my kid, prevent the drawing of anything offensive, and not let my kids walk down the street without me. There, I'm sure there is more to come.

The mental illness is the irrational fear America has been bottling and selling over the last 20 years. Stop it already!!

I will add the mental health tie to gun deaths is: Killing ones self is in the top 10 killers for Americans, and it's also in the top 10 of related shooting deaths. It doesn't take a math genius.

Last edited by PoppySead; 02-06-2015 at 11:16 AM..

Old 02-06-2015, 11:11 AM

29,509 posts, read 14,668,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
LMAO!!

So far on the ban list, guns, kids walking to parks, kids drawing pictures of guns in class, not having the right to refuse a vaccine for your kid, no smoking anywhere, fat kids are abused by feeding parents.....

Why not just forget the name America, and rename ourself because with all this mandating and banning I feel less American everyday.

Now I will throw away my gun, vax up my kid, prevent the drawing of anything offensive, and not let my kids walk down the street without me. There, I'm sure there is more to come.

The mental illness is the irrational fear America has been bottling and selling over the last 20 years. Stop it already!!
Sadly this seems to be happening ....

Old 02-06-2015, 11:19 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,609,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Sadly this seems to be happening ....
Maybe I'll start investing in glass domes for humans as a safety measure. I bet I'd sell a lot. "Get your safe glass dome here" "it will protect you from life, guaranteed!"

Old 02-06-2015, 11:28 AM

7,280 posts, read 10,957,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
It's been tried. Doesn't work. We cannot legislate intelligence, courtesy or morals.

The problem with guns is that they attract morons like a UV light attracts bugs. Not everyone with a gun is a moron, naturally. But morons manage to find their way to firearms in the same way that addicts find their way to drugs. People have a habit of seeking out things that aren't any good for them. Firearms are like crack cocaine for idiots.

Every mouthbreather spouting off the same tired "debate points" such as "if you take away guns, only criminals will have guns" needs to take responsibility for the people in the following video. Because it isn't just criminals murdering people with guns. Often it's just simpletons who aren't smart enough to take responsibility for their actions.

I repeat. If these idiots only shot themselves, I would be in favor of mailing everyone in America a firearm and letting this problem shoot itself out of existence. Too bad it doesn't work that way. It would solve many societal ills.
We do legislate intelligence, courtesy and morals, always have. We have hate crimes, that is focused on what people think no less. We legislate that those with low intelligence levels be provided with certain benefits and if they are so unintelligent that they can't function, we put them in places.

Mouth breathers are on both sides and the side doing quite a bit of breathing doesn't apply the same standards to many other causes of death and injury.

Take the last Superbowl for example. Did you see the TV commercial about how many kids are injured or kiled by common household accidents including drowning, ingesting household cleaning products and so on? Practical condemnation that it was inappropriate to play that commercial during the Superbowl.

Really. When more people watched that event than any other, such a public service commercial was inappropriate? I guess telling it like it is outraged so many. Yet, kids die every day in horrible ways or are left brain damaged because of very preventable accidents that really, aren't accidents if the parents are negligent in securing the home to prevent the accident in the first place.

This is the SOP for gun control, blame the gun, claim that it is too hard to legislate against the real causes because they don't work.

Well, if the laws against murder and such don't work to the degree needed, then how does that justify going after anything else? Write better laws to deal with the real problem and then most importantly...

ENFORCE THOSE LAWS! If we as a society are afraid to enforce existing laws, then by what right do we create others to deal with things that are not the cause of the problem?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies