Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2015, 12:40 PM

29,490 posts, read 14,656,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
So you support felons owning guns? We cannot infringe on their rights, after all. How about mentally retarded citizens? Guns for them, too? No infringement, after all. The constitution says so. How about if someone walks into a gun store, announces that he or she is about to commit a murder and wants to purchase the best firearm for the job. Should the store owner oblige? Otherwise that would be infringing on the would-be murderer's rights.

Here's a little exercise for you. Take one of your loaded guns to an airport, buy a ticket, and demand that you be allowed to carry your weapon onto the plane. Otherwise your rights are being infringed upon.

People who demand that all guns are allowed all the time in all places in all instances have no place at the gun-control discussion table.
Well there goes any sort of rational dialog
All of a sudden common sense and logic goes flying out the door and in comes over emotional thinking !

Once again proving the stereotype...

Old 02-06-2015, 12:41 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,638,726 times
Quote:
So you support felons owning guns? We cannot infringe on their rights, after all. How about mentally retarded citizens? Guns for them, too? No infringement, after all. The constitution says so. How about if someone walks into a gun store, announces that he or she is about to commit a murder and wants to purchase the best firearm for the job. Should the store owner oblige? Otherwise that would be infringing on the would-be murderer's rights.

Here's a little exercise for you. Take one of your loaded guns to an airport, buy a ticket, and demand that you be allowed to carry your weapon onto the plane. Otherwise your rights are being infringed upon.

People who demand that all guns are allowed all the time in all places in all instances have no place at the gun-control discussion table.
Sigh. This has been gone over in supreme court. Obviously there needs to be some regulation on them, and THERE IS. There are 20,000 laws on the books doing so, so why don't you just relax. If legislation could eradicate gun crime it would've done so already. People are people, if they really want to kill someone with a gun they are going to do it.

Felons can't legally own guns (yet they still have them, why don't they listen to and obey our laws that say they cant?? hmm, maybe because they are criminals and by definition do not follow laws). You can't bring a loaded gun in a airplane (if you put a bullet through the skin of a plane at altitude you risk killing everyone on board).

What people have a problem with is when there is unjust and over the top infringement. Like, banning all law abiding citizens in good mental health from owning the most popular sporting rifle in the country simply because one mentally unhinged person stole one and shot a handful of kids with it.

Old 02-06-2015, 12:49 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,573,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
There is no place in a modern society for guns.

Sadly, we have proved that even sporting guns need to be controlled. Every day we read of new gun deaths...."accidental" or otherwise. This silliness that people need a gun to protect themselves is just a ruse. Barely a soul ever gets off a shot, and more often they end up getting themselves harmed. And do people really think that the gubment is going to come door to door if they want to take control of the citizenry? Flip a switch and turn off your credit card and we are all helpless.

Control the manufacture. Provide a safe repository for guns. Check em out, check out the ammo, check em back in, check in the used casings.

It will take 100 years to rid our society of this scourge, but it needs to start somewhere. The numbers speak for themselves.
There is no place in Modern Society for people who think Guns have no place there. Their thinking is defective and is a Danger to the rest of Society that believes in defending their homes and families. I think they should have to live in special "Unarmed" communities with no guns, knives, bats, hammers, and any pointed instruments. Also they would need their own Police Force, with no guns , of course to protect them. All Criminals would be expected to observe the "No Gun" zones, when Bear hunting, robbing or pillaging these communities.

How's that?

Old 02-06-2015, 12:51 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
So you support felons owning guns? We cannot infringe on their rights, after all. ....
The Supreme Court, long ago, decided that felons don't have the "right" to carry a gun in violation of Federal Laws preventing them from doing so.

Your logic fails.

Old 02-06-2015, 12:52 PM

10,864 posts, read 16,996,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
Like, banning all law abiding citizens in good mental health from owning the most popular sporting rifle in the country simply because one mentally unhinged person stole one and shot a handful of kids with it.
I've posted a few videos in this thread of "law abiding citizens in good mental health" with firearms. Watch one or two. Do you think THESE people should have guns as well? They're freaking morons, after all. One of them shoots a hole through the brim of his hat because he's looking down the barrel of a gun that had hang-fired.

These people routinely leave loaded weapons in the vicinity of their moron children, who then shoot themselves and others. Every other day there is a story such as this. All of these people were law abiding and likely purchased their gun legally. But they're still freaking morons.

If I get shot by a moron, I really don't care if the person doing the shooting is a criminal moron or a law-abiding moron. They wear different "uniforms." But the problem is the lack of activity between their ears -- and their easy access to firearms.

Old 02-06-2015, 12:59 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,564,022 times
Quote:
I've posted a few videos in this thread of "law abiding citizens in good mental health" with firearms. Watch one or two. Do you think THESE people should have guns as well? They're freaking morons, after all. One of them shoots a hole through the brim of his hat because he's looking down the barrel of a gun that had hang-fired.

These people routinely leave loaded weapons in the vicinity of their moron children, who then shoot themselves and others. Every other day there is a story such as this. All of these people were law abiding and likely purchased their gun legally. But they're still freaking morons.

If I get shot by a moron, I really don't care if the person doing the shooting is a criminal moron or a law-abiding moron. They wear different "uniforms." But the problem is the lack of activity between their ears -- and their easy access to firearms.
If you really believe this than I can't help you. Show me the first person who shoots himself and others because he is stupid.

Old 02-06-2015, 01:02 PM

Quote:

Okay.... complete morons are allowed to pilot around 4,000 pound balls of steel at high rates of speed around the rest of us "normal" folk. They are allowed to buy and own hammers, knives, swords, nail guns, axes, and so on.

What I think is irrelevant. If they haven't been deemed mentally incompetent, then they get to legally own firearms. That's their right as citizens of the United States.

Just like it is their right to spout off their dumb-sh*t opinions, like the anti-vaccination crowd (Jenna Mcarthy in particular). Those people are responsible for a lot of deaths because of their misinformation, yet are protected under the 1st amendment.

This is life in the US. Don't like it? Don't live here. Really simple.

And for the record, if the people are stupid enough, natural selection will take care of them. Like the person you mentioned peering down the barrel of a gun w/ a chambered round.

Old 02-06-2015, 01:05 PM

29,490 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:

I don't really want to die from some dolts negligence either, but that just doesn't go along with firearms. Simply driving in your vehicle can get you killed, and statistically much more easily than a negligent person with a firearm.
You might just want to stay home, wrap youself up in bubble wrap and stay safe. We live in a dangerious world.

No alcohol, drugs, weather , speed or anything was found to be the cause of this...just negligence. It is tragic but it happens.

Pregnant woman killed in three-vehicle Davison Township crash | MLive.com

Old 02-06-2015, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
There is no place in Modern Society for people who think Guns have no place there. Their thinking is defective and is a Danger to the rest of Society that believes in defending their homes and families. I think they should have to live in special "Unarmed" communities with no guns, knives, bats, hammers, and any pointed instruments. Also they would need their own Police Force, with no guns , of course to protect them. All Criminals would be expected to observe the "No Gun" zones, when Bear hunting, robbing or pillaging these communities.

How's that?
Hahaha, yeah this about sums it up. Everyone who doesn't want to live around guns should all band together and live in gun free communities, protected by unarmed police. I would get a absolute kick out of watching the carnage unfold when the criminals roll in packing illegal handguns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies