Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2015, 10:55 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,846,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Exactly!
Read his books.
Seems like he talks a lot about the father he hardly knew (the drunken Kenyan), but not much about his "white side". He also states in one book that he made a conscious decision to be "black" and ignore his "white side", even though he was living at the time with his white grandparents.
But then, it is always possible I am remembering what I read incorrectly.
If so, there are those on here who will joyously point out my errors.
His physical appearance pretty much determined his racial identity. The world would not have seen him as white had he " chosen" to be white.

His mother was " out there".

Half the book was about his grandparents and their influence on his life and values.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2015, 10:55 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,525,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
You are joking aren't you?

"brutal, vicious death cult" vs "high horse". Which is the stone and which is the boulder?
Don't you get it ?

Obama couldn't bring himself to put ISIL and Islam or Muhammad or Allah in the same sentence. Yet, no hesitation when twice recounting bad acts 'in the name of Christ.'

Old 02-06-2015, 11:02 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,090,232 times
Funny thing about this forum. At a time when all good people should be condemning the act of Genocide on all religions by extremist muslim terrorist, many folk instead choose to criticize Christianity.

Old 02-06-2015, 11:07 AM

4,529 posts, read 5,146,229 times
Christain's hands are not clean by any stretch of the imagination. While the vast majority of modern Christians would never dream of carrying out the kind of acts perpetrated by ISIS and groups like them. Christianity is not that far removed from a time when they would and did.

There are parts of the world where radical Islamic leaders can hold vast sway over a great many people. Most Christian Nations have wealth and an educational system in place that eliminates that threat. When you look at less affluent Christian nations you see more radical Christian ideology come to the fore. Just look at the killing and imprisonment of gays in Uganda.

Old 02-06-2015, 11:17 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,877,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So was Moses.
No one is killing people in Moses name in recent times, and if they did they should be called on it.

Old 02-06-2015, 11:34 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,952,238 times
He's comparing a group's current actions to that of another group's actions in the dark ages. If anything it actually highlights just how backasswards Islam is. Way to go.

Old 02-06-2015, 11:43 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,855,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Don't you get it ?

Obama couldn't bring himself to put ISIL and Islam or Muhammad or Allah in the same sentence. Yet, no hesitation when twice recounting bad acts 'in the name of Christ.'
I get it. Obama wasn't saying that Jesus Christ promoted these actions, but that doesn't stop some Christians from claiming that Jesus Christ would approve of their inhuman acts. Those Christians took on the mantle of their religion, just as ISIL does. In my opinion, both are mistaken.

Old 02-06-2015, 11:52 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,855,833 times
Not hundreds of years ago, right now, today.

Tens of thousands of Muslims flee Christian militias in Central African Republic - The Washington Post

At the airport, Muhammad Abdirahman, 62, was waiting to leave. His village, Jbawi, had been burned down by the anti-balaka and nearly everyone was dead, he said. Fortunately, he had left with his wife and 12 children before the massacre, and arrived at the airport last week. Originally from Chad, he has lived here for the past 50 years.
“I don’t even know Chad,” he said. “But what can I do? If I stay, the Christians will use every opportunity to kill me and my family.”

These types of attacks need to be confronted no matter who is doing them or why they think they are justified.

Old 02-06-2015, 11:57 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,918,655 times
Obama hates America, and his sole goal as president is to make it pay for what he deems as it's discretions on the world stage. He wants to redistribute the wealth and power that, as he sees it, America stole.

Watch the Obama's America 2016 movie that came out in 2012 I believe it was.

It's all there.

Old 02-06-2015, 12:31 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,740,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Can't separate the two. Same Bible.

If Jesus is God, then he was the same God in the Old Testament too.

Damn near every Bible has both books in the same binder....Christian preachers quote scripture from both books equally. Christians believe the Old Testament to be a work of God.

So..no..

The Crusades happened for the very reasons we are at war with Islam today.
Christians got tired of being massacred for not believing in a religion of death and hate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies