Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Hillary was right or wrong?
I lean left - I condemn Hillary's use of a private email account for official business 32 23.88%
I lean left - I defend Hillary's use of a private email account for officoal business 33 24.63%
I lean right - I condemn Hillary's use of a private email account for official business 64 47.76%
I lean right - I defend Hillary's use of a private email account for officoal business 5 3.73%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 12:29 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,898,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
What a good little Dem defender you are. I hope Jen Psaki gives you a pat on the head for taking her word as fact. The article clearly states that Rice used government e-mail.
What a good little right-winger you are. When your arguments fail, you resort to personal attacks.

The article clearly states that John Kerry is the FIRST Secretary of State to primarily use a government e-mail account for his correspondence. That would be the current Secretary of State. So all previous Secretaries of State did not use a government e-mail account primarily. Surely, they all used government e-mail at some point or another. When Hillary e-mailed someone with a government e-mail account, she was using government e-mail. You do understand the logic of that sentence? And how it would apply to Rice as well?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2015, 12:33 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,461,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
What a good little right-winger you are. When your arguments fail, you resort to personal attacks.

The article clearly states that John Kerry is the FIRST Secretary of State to primarily use a government e-mail account for his correspondence. That would be the current Secretary of State. So all previous Secretaries of State did not use a government e-mail account primarily. Surely, they all used government e-mail at some point or another. When Hillary e-mailed someone with a government e-mail account, she was using government e-mail. You do understand the logic of that sentence? And how it would apply to Rice as well?
Just quit while you are ahead. You really have no idea what you are talking about. Using ANYTHING other than her .GOV email for Federal business is against the law. Kerry is NOT the first to do this.

Old 03-03-2015, 12:33 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,898,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Bull. The Washington Post just roasted every one of your arguments, including this one.

You should really read the article, it disputes every one of your claims in this thread.

Hillary Clinton is yet again her own worst enemy - The Washington Post
It's an opin piece. And my arguments stand.

Old 03-03-2015, 12:34 PM

Quote:
It's an opin piece. And my arguments stand.
Your arguments would be shredded in court as they should be.

Old 03-03-2015, 12:34 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,733,169 times
Quote:

Already been proven wrong.

Quote:
His successor, Condoleezza Rice, rarely used e-mail to transact business but employed her government address when she did.
Again, WaPo addresses all of your arguments and why they are wrong. You should read the article.

Hillary Clinton is yet again her own worst enemy - The Washington Post

Old 03-03-2015, 12:35 PM

59,138 posts, read 27,349,464 times
Quote:
You're not playing, you're whining.

If you have a FOIA request, you presumably have a subject you're curious about. That subject, for instance, the renovation plans for the embassy in Japan, is what you are making the inquiry about. You request that the State Department provide you with all emails about that topic. And the State Department conducts its search for said e-mails. If other departments are involved, you submit an FOIA request to them as well. The proposition that you must know what specific e-mail you are requesting beforehand is ridiculous. As for foreign recipients, I hope you realize that foreign governments are sovereign. They are not subject to the laws of the United States, they are not subject to the Freedom of Information Act, and any sensitive information regarding treaty negotiations or other negotiations are not subject to the FOIA. It would be nice if EVERYTHING our government did was open to the public, but for a host of reasons, security being primary among them, our government is allowed to keep certain communications and documents secret for a certain amount of time, and judicial review is the only option in those cases when the government deems information too sensitive, and the public doesn't agree.
"If you have a FOIA request,"

A FOIA request is NOT be need by the Gov't to get e-mails sent or received by government employees doing gov't business they use Congressional subpenas.

FOIA's are used by OTHER THEN THE GOVERNMENT.

ALL correspondence BELONGS to the gov't.

Last edited by Quick Enough; 03-03-2015 at 12:51 PM..

Old 03-03-2015, 12:37 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,652,155 times
From where I sit, Hillary probably should have used her government email account. But look guys, if this is a preview of what the right is going to try to throw at her to obstruct her path to the White House ... bhaahaahahahaahahaha. Get used to saying: President Clinton.

Old 03-03-2015, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
From where I sit, Hillary probably should have used her government email account. But look guys, if this is a preview of what the right is going to try to throw at her to obstruct her path to the White House ... bhaahaahahahaahahaha. Get used to saying: President Clinton.
Yeah we all know. Left wingers love them some law breaking Authoritarians.

Old 03-03-2015, 12:38 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,733,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
You should read the WaPo article too. It says things like this are exactly what might keep her from becoming President.

Old 03-03-2015, 12:40 PM

59,138 posts, read 27,349,464 times
Quote:
But they DO exist in government records and databases.

Ask the various departments for any and all e-mails received from or sent to Secretary of State Clinton.

Hillary's aides can only scrub from her end. They can't scrub the government databases.

If you send a message to my phone. And then you delete all record of that message from your phone. You still have the problem that my phone has that message.
That is NOT what the IRS tried to claim, until they got caught.

You don't remember, "The hard drives were destroyed and we don't have the e mails". We DON'T have backups"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies