Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 01:23 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,140,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I suspect those that live in Connecticut rarely worry about annihilation OR rockets being lobbed on them at any given moment. Probably not many Suicide bombers wandering the neighborhoods either.

On the other hand - Swasitka Painting is on the rise in the USA and could come to your neighborhood at any time. The anti-Israel rhetoric often translates into anti-Jew ideology and there is a lot of that rhetoric floating around these days. I guess you know all about that.
Swasitka painting? Is that justification for supporting a path to war with Iran?

I don't walk around in fear. I leave Connecticut alot. Just this month I've been in Amsterdam, Austin, Boston, and Orlando.

Anti-Israel rhetoric? Sorry, being anti-Netanyahu (just like many, many Israelis) is not being anti-Israel. No matter how much Republicans repeat it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2015, 01:40 PM

30,640 posts, read 18,242,637 times
The Orthodox Jews and extremely devout Jews are already voting Republican, even if they are registered Democrats. Its the liberal/leftist JINO ("Jews In Name Only" aka the "culturally, pork-eating Jews") who are voting Democrat.

Old 03-21-2015, 01:45 PM

549 posts, read 457,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
... I support the negotiations with Iran, because the alternative is war...
And this is the root of the liberal lie upon which the whole OP's claim is built. The alternative to a bad deal is prolonging sanctions that make it virtually impossible for Iran to build nukes. Moreover, Iran's economic isolation combined with cheap oil would bring its regime to a collapse. Obama is working so hard to save the mullahs, and give them a clear path to nuclear bombs with ICBM, WHICH WILL LEAD TO A WAR!

We should be so "thankful" to liberals. Well, it's no surprise mlassoff and Snowball7 vote for the same party.

Old 03-21-2015, 01:55 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,664,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyTwo View Post
Well this is one secular, under 30 Jew who feels completely opposite.
Same.

Old 03-21-2015, 03:09 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,758,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
The Orthodox Jews and extremely devout Jews are already voting Republican, even if they are registered Democrats. Its the liberal/leftist JINO ("Jews In Name Only" ... )who are voting Democrat.
The extremely devout or Ultra Orthodox Jews, especially in NY, vote Democrat in a block format. Their leader tells them to vote for a certain person and they ALL do it without question. They vote Democrat. The Orthodox Jews that have moved out of these block controlled areas, became educated and achieved a higher standard of living are now voting Republican since they are now Conservative Democrats where voting Democrat does not make sense anymore.

Old 03-21-2015, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
The extremely devout or Ultra Orthodox Jews, especially in NY, vote Democrat in a block format. Their leader tells them to vote for a certain person and they ALL do it without question. They vote Democrat. The Orthodox Jews that have moved out of these block controlled areas, became educated and achieved a higher standard of living are now voting Republican since they are now Conservative Democrats where voting Democrat does not make sense anymore.
That's not true. They vote in the Democratic Primary in NYC, but, especially in national elections and in general elections in general, are voting for the GOP. They vote in the Democratic Primary because that gives their community extra clout in city politics/choosing the Democratic nominee.

The following article/statistics explain things quite nicely:

Orthodox/Hasidic Borough Park, Brooklyn Voted Republican « YWN Coffee Room

Just as one example from the article: this community voted 68%-32% for the GOP candidate for NY attorney general against the Democratic and liberal Jewish candidate. This is no secret.

During the 2012 presidential election, the Orthodox vote for the GOP/Romney over the Democrats was even more lopsided in many precincts:

Quote:
The New York Times published a map Saturday of precinct-by-precinct voting results from the recent presidential election. There were few surprises, the city resoundingly backed President Obama. Where this support wavered was in communities with large Orthodox Jewish populations.

“Mr. Obama’s worst precincts were in Orthodox Jewish areas like Ocean Parkway and Williamsburg in Brooklyn and Kew Gardens Hills in Queens. In a few precincts in Borough Park, Brooklyn, Mr. Romney won more than 90 percent of the vote,” the accompanying text said.
http://www.algemeiner.com/2012/11/25...k-communities/

Old 03-21-2015, 07:18 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,140,576 times
Quote:
The Orthodox Jews and extremely devout Jews are already voting Republican, even if they are registered Democrats. Its the liberal/leftist JINO ("Jews In Name Only" aka the "culturally, pork-eating Jews") who are voting Democrat.
And who the hell are you to determine who is a Jew and who is a "Jew in Name Only"?

The arrogance that it must take to declare another person Jewish or nonJewish is simply astounding. In this country-- and in Israel-- the overwhelming majority of Jews are non-orthodox. But-- as my Hasidic clients would say-- we're all Jews.

It seems the right wing nut jobs are now arbiters of Judaism.

Old 03-21-2015, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
And who the hell are you to determine who is a Jew and who is a "Jew in Name Only"?

The arrogance that it must take to declare another person Jewish or nonJewish is simply astounding. In this country-- and in Israel-- the overwhelming majority of Jews are non-orthodox. But-- as my Hasidic clients would say-- we're all Jews.

It seems the right wing nut jobs are now arbiters of Judaism.
I'm someone who has his eyes open and is willing to call things as they are. The Jews I see backing the Democratic Party are, in my experience (which is pretty varied in terms of exposure) typically those who don't keep the Sabbath, who don't keep Kosher, and who will explicitly say that they are "not very religious" or merely "culturally Jewish." The observant/Orthodox Jews, who are keeping the faith, are, in my experience, generally Republican.

But don't just take my word for it:

Quote:
According to the survey—which was conducted from Jan. 2 to Dec. 30, 2014, among 4,116 Jewish adults—29 percent of American Jews are Republican, up from 22 percent in 2008, while 61 percent of Jews are Democrats, down from 71 percent seven years ago.

The survey also found that support for the GOP was higher among Jewish men than women, and also higher among religiously observant Jews.
Gallup poll shows increase in Jewish-American support for Republicans

If you're not observant (which comprises the group of "Jews" voting Democratic), I have no problem declaring you a

Cheers.

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-22-2015 at 05:36 AM..

Old 03-21-2015, 09:13 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
But you Bots believe the entire middle east should be destabilized because Obama does. And you believe America has the right to determine the outcome of an Israeli election because Obama does. And you believe...everything Obama does.
We destabilized the Middle East before Obama was even in office

Old 03-21-2015, 09:20 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:

My community has a huge population of Jews...and yes they are democrats. But let me tell you, they are deeply into their faith. So I'm not sure why you think you can judge who are Jews in name only because they vote democratic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies