Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 09:04 AM

16,604 posts, read 8,619,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
What color was the dog? Because that's really important. We need to know how angry we should be at the dog.
I hope you are not implying that the OP should not have included the race of the killers by this comment
I find it sadly refreshing, considering how the news media always frames the narrative when they think the race of the people involved is relevant (i.e. white attacker - black/minority victim).

I wish the news media would either avoid using racial headlines or short of that, be consistent/unbiased and do it all the time.

Old 03-22-2015, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
That is so funny...I didn't even think about them being black (I am surprised myself!)....
I just saw 'crime'...a senseless, horrible ending of a life ... a white boy and girl could have
done the same thing...or 2 girls, any race! Or 2 blacks to a black guy walking his dog...
Are you being sarcastic, or are you that naïve to think that the race and/or gender does not make any statistical difference in other incidents like this?

Old 03-22-2015, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Not surprising. There is a ton of black-on-white crime that goes almost completely unreported by the MSM. Google Benden Tevlin, Autumn Pasquale, and many many others. But when a white cop kills a black teen after he just robbed a store - watch out - here comes a national "Black Lives Matter" movement that involves burning down towns.
It is not only that it involves cops, regular citizens who are white that hurt/kill a black/minority makes the news with the implication it could be racially motivated. Yet the opposite is typically thought of as an "economic crime" without an assumption that race played a role.

As I've said many a time, several news editors have said they do not include the race of black perpetrators because they do not want to make it seem as if blacks are more inclined to be criminals, less an unfair stereotype of the will be perpetuated.
Yet these same PC knee jerk liberals have no problem with making it seem as if whites might always be racially motivated. This is how they think, therefore it is reflected in the way they report the news, regardless of how inaccurate it might be.

`

Old 03-22-2015, 09:20 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,149,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Is this the kind of stuff we're supposed to talk about at Starbucks now?
It would probably be a different perspective than the barrista has even thought about...

Sounds fun doesnt it? Pick up a latte, and spend your time discussing the races of people envolved in graphic crimes.

Old 03-22-2015, 09:40 AM

3,338 posts, read 2,141,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post
Sounds fun doesnt it? Pick up a latte, and spend your time discussing the races of people envolved in graphic crimes.
Word of the bird is that nothing says 'good morning' like a little gore with your Ghimbi.

Old 03-22-2015, 09:44 AM

9,150 posts, read 10,898,206 times
How do you pronounce "Tyfine"? TIE-fine? tie-FEEN? TIF-fan-nee?

Old 03-22-2015, 09:45 AM

194 posts, read 183,148 times
^ Proof nature does make mistakes. These cannot be accurately predicted by garbage like eugenics either. Yet another example of why I'm convinced I was born 40yrs to late. To be a single, attractive man w/ a good job ($) in the 1950's crusin' around L.A. in a Desoto convertible listening to Elvis on the radio must have been incredible.

These mongrels should be handled the same way "Detective Wendell "Bud" White handled the POS who was raping the latina.

Old 03-22-2015, 09:49 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,664,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Not surprising. There is a ton of black-on-white crime that goes almost completely unreported by the MSM. Google Benden Tevlin, Autumn Pasquale, and many many others. But when a white cop kills a black teen after he just robbed a store - watch out - here comes a national "Black Lives Matter" movement that involves burning down towns.

Yep -- and note that in the article, not once is the perp's race mentioned, not even in the headline. Yet we all know how the media would have handled it if it had been a white perp and a black victim.

Old 03-22-2015, 09:59 AM

35,081 posts, read 17,033,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
15-Year-Old Arrested for Murder of Overbrook Man | News | Philadelphia Magazine

Luckily, the father decided not to walk with his daughter that night as it was getting late. He was found dead with his labradoodle Molly next to him.
This thread is racist. It is OK for black people to kill others, especially if the victim is not black. Or even if black. It is a legitimate self-expression of rage. Also for all we know Stuhlman started the fight. White dog walkers can be pretty aggressive, especially with a ferocious animal at the end of their chain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
What color was the dog? Because that's really important. We need to know how angry we should be at the dog.
Labradoodles are vicious dogs. Probably the dog provoked the fight. Goldendoodles are even more ferocious.

Old 03-22-2015, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
How do you pronounce "Tyfine"? TIE-fine? tie-FEEN? TIF-fan-nee?
Watch this funny skit to get an idea of how to pronounce it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd7FixvoKBw

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies