Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2015, 11:39 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,026,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theropod View Post
Please do. I'll also make sure that they aren't sexually abused because they're at a "innocent" age.

If these boys had forcible sex with that man instead, they actually would be quickly deemed as "innocent little children" who had no "control" in the situation. That man would've been the one arrested. Now if they were to murder someone (what they actually done), they are, of course, as guilty as an adult. I thought 15 year olds aren't "developed"?
A fifteen-year-old who can murder someone in cold blood for no reason should be tried as an adult. Individuals like that probably can't be rehabilitated and will only get worse as they get older. I might have more sympathy if they were in a dangerous situation, but they sought this man out and killed him.

I'm a grown woman who would admittedly probably get hurt/killed in a bad situation, even if I had a gun, because I feel confident that I would hesitate to pull the trigger, even if I were in danger. I can't imagine what's going on in a 15-year-old's head that would cause him/her to do such a thing.

Old 03-23-2015, 01:35 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,944,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmax View Post
A fifteen-year-old who can murder someone in cold blood for no reason should be tried as an adult. Individuals like that probably can't be rehabilitated and will only get worse as they get older. I might have more sympathy if they were in a dangerous situation, but they sought this man out and killed him.
And these 15 year olds had police records so it wasn't like this was a one time thing where they tried to steal something, got in a scuffle, got scared, and pulled the trigger (not that that would excuse their actions). The murderers were playing basketball and decided to rob someone - they picked out the victim because he looked "less intimidating" (white guy with a cute dog?). Despite saying "please don't kill me, please don't kill me", they decided to shoot him in the chest and steal nothing. So yes, I'd agree - beyond rehabilitation.

Old 03-23-2015, 01:50 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,357,106 times
The one on the left looks stoned.

Old 03-23-2015, 01:55 AM

2,080 posts, read 1,607,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
That is so funny...I didn't even think about them being black (I am surprised myself!)....
I just saw 'crime'...a senseless, horrible ending of a life ... a white boy and girl could have
done the same thing...or 2 girls, any race! Or 2 blacks to a black guy walking his dog...

I decided a few years ago...if I'm going to have a dog I want a protector dog...last one
was a Chow mix, very scary looking ...nor I have a big, 100% German Shepherd.
No more cuddly sweet medium sized dogs for me.

May his family find some sort of peace....

Unfortunately, having a protector dog, even a big, 100% German Shepherd, won't be much help against a kid with a gun who is determined to use it on you. The bullet will be faster than the dog.

I'm saddened for the murder of this man and for his family, who must be devastated, and even somewhat for the kids who murdered him, because their lives were just starting out and they decided to murder someone and have destroyed their own futures by obliterating his.

Old 03-23-2015, 02:16 AM

11,655 posts, read 12,969,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmax View Post

I'm a grown woman who would admittedly probably get hurt/killed in a bad situation, even if I had a gun, because I feel confident that I would hesitate to pull the trigger, even if I were in danger. I can't imagine what's going on in a 15-year-old's head that would cause him/her to do such a thing.
I know, and that's certainly true.

I was kinda being sarcastic and ironic in that post. Because when 15 year olds willfully kill someone they are tried as adults (in which THEY SHOULD BE). But when they consent to sex with an adult, they are seen as "innocent victims who had no say in the incident".

My point: 15 year olds are not children. They know better. They know what happens when they pull the trigger and they surely know what copulating is.

Old 03-23-2015, 02:23 AM

9,471 posts, read 10,814,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
The two that always stick in my mind are Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom - the couple was brutally mutilated in every way imaginable.

This crime happened in my area. It is one of the sickest crimes I have ever heard about. There is no punishment that can equal what these beasts did to those two kids.

Old 03-23-2015, 02:32 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,357,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theropod View Post
I know, and that's certainly true.

I was kinda being sarcastic and ironic in that post. Because when 15 year olds willfully kill someone they are tried as adults (in which THEY SHOULD BE). But when they consent to sex with an adult, they are seen as "innocent victims who had no say in the incident".

My point: 15 year olds are not children. They know better. They know what happens when they pull the trigger and they surely know what copulating is.
Yes, they are old enough to know better, and they SHOULD be tried as adults. But at 15 they are still children. Where are the PARENTS...or rather, the "baby mammas and baby daddies" who produced them... in the picture?
I'm just waiting for the "My boy, he a good boy" spiel.

Old 03-23-2015, 02:35 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,091,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I wish the news media would either avoid using racial headlines or short of that, be consistent/unbiased and do it all the time.
Yes, either mention it all the time, or never.

Old 03-23-2015, 04:24 AM

5,155 posts, read 4,625,693 times
There was a case in Philadelphia where two black young men killed a black officer while they were robbing a game stop. The black officer was buying a gift for his son when he was gunned down. I made a post about these incidents on my teddy bear's Facebook:

"You know what really upsets me, children are now murdering people. And they are often young men of colour. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, why don't you speak out against young black boys killing others? Just last week, a dog walker was murdered. Why? The 13 year olds wanted to rob someone for money. How sad is that? Or how about the black cop that was murdered by young men of colour because they were robbing a GameStop? This is so sad and senseless. Black Lives aren't the only lives that matter- ALL LIVES MATTER. There's an epidemic of young people killing others. Attention should be drawn to how we can stop this. I think the conversation should be how parents can help their children first, instill good values into their children before it's too late. Parents, you mean a lot to your children and you should teach your children well. But, maybe instead of "Race Together" and blaming everything on white people, we need to look together as a society and wonder how things failed. Maybe feeling sorry for other people has caused this problem. But, I think Jackson and Sharpton need to do more instead of race baiting. Very sad."

And it's true - Sharpton and Jackson are race baiters, but the stupid liberal college kids fall for it hook, line, and sinker. College kids are most of the idiots that protest for "black lives matter." I remember making a post about this and someone I went to college with said I blamed the victim - Michael Brown. I did no such thing, but I did point out that he did burglarize a store and he was going to kill an officer. She just said black people have always been oppressed and they're unfairly arrested. You know what, I don't buy that nonsense. I'm sure in a few cases,maybe, but officers can't plant evidence against people - evidence doesn't come from thin air. Black lives for the most part don't care about other lives. They only care about themselves when it suits them. The campaign should be "ALL LIVES MATTER."

I think there's a lot wrong in the black community and I think it's a lack of parental vision... though I can say that about a lot of families nowadays regardless of race. I just don't think parenting is taken as seriously anymore and that's why we have a lot of issues with children and teens. It's sad.

Old 03-23-2015, 05:12 AM

194 posts, read 183,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
You come onto a thread about a tragedy to enlighten us on your sexual fantasies?

The white supremacist aire of this thread because of a few bad kids is wrong. None of us was there & knows exactly what happened. Michael Brown needed his butt kicked NOT shot by a scared kid w/ a badge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies