Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2015, 02:47 PM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,707,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalbound12 View Post
What is a "legitimate civic obligation" and who decides that? You?
When did I say that? Why would you ask something so antithetical to what I wrote? Perhaps you didn't read what I wrote. Perhaps you didn't understand what I wrote. Or perhaps you didn't care one bit what I wrote and just decided to spew vacuous nonsense in a vain and puerile attempt to dodge the legitimate repudiation of the corrupt and callous behaviors that you want to support.

Go back and read what I wrote for its clearly intended meaning, and then reply to it, if you wish, based on its clearly intended meaning. Stop with the childish games.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 02:47 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,174,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Using a channel for sexual gratification that is meant for exit only is deviant.
So you better be against heterosexual couples who engage in anal sex, too. Therefore businesses better go all the way and discriminate against heterosexuals that enjoy anal sex.

I swear.

Old 04-01-2015, 02:50 PM
bUU

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Rationalization | Define Rationalization at Dictionary.com

More particularly, check the USAGE NOTE.
I stand corrected. I have to admit that I was born in the twentieth century and not the nineteenth, so didn't encounter the original usage of the word, and my earlier search on wikipedia didn't yield the usage note you found on reference.com.

Rest assured, though: I meant the word in its current-day meaning.

Old 04-01-2015, 02:51 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,285,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
You should not be forced to provide a service that conflicts with your morals.
No one is. If you don't want to obey the laws that concern running a business, don't run a business.

Old 04-01-2015, 02:53 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,980,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
It's pretty simple. What people's lifestyle is is NONE OF YOUR CONCERN so KEEP YOUR NOSE OUT OF IT.

Ken
Until the customers want a product that has conspicuous gender cues, or their intentions are made otherwise clear enough that rejection of it makes headlines?

Old 04-01-2015, 02:54 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
I stand corrected. I have to admit that I was born in the twentieth century and not the nineteenth, so didn't encounter the original usage of the word, and my earlier search on wikipedia didn't yield the usage note you found on reference.com.

Rest assured, though: I meant the word in its current-day meaning.
And you meant to insult the intelligence of Arkansans?

That's a reasonable inference when someone asserts that "intelligence" plays a role in bigoted actions?

Old 04-01-2015, 02:54 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,980,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Nope, freedom of speech. We don't get to pick and choose whose free speech is protected. But equal treatment under the law requires that you have to do business with folks even if you've got a problem with who they are or what they do.
Or what? You'll use the force of the state with it's threat of violence to enforce your version of morality and right and wrong on a business owner. Freedom of association is one of the most, if not the most, important issue in society because it gets right to the heart of liberty. It lays bear rank statists with the heart of tyrants.

Lets say you have a car that I want. I offer to buy it from you at the price you have listed and you say "Nope, I don't do business with Germans," I do not have the right to round an armed posse to change your mind. That is theft and extortion even if I still offer to pay you at gun point. Just because my posse happens to wear badges and blue uniforms does not make it right. Extortion and theft are wrong even when the government does it. You are willing to use the threat of physical force to extort business owners into following along with what YOU think is right.

Liberalism is tyranny masked as "tolerance" and "democracy."

Old 04-01-2015, 02:55 PM
bUU

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
And you meant to insult the intelligence of Arkansans?
Actually you did that by misunderstanding the meaning of the word I used. I merely pointed out that their legislators crafted irrational excuses for behavior bereft of moral standing. Which they did. Even though it really seems to upsets you to see it written in black and white.

But heh great job you did there driving the discussion off of the topic, for which you presumably realized your argument couldn't stand up to moral scrutiny, and got the thread completely and totally focused on your etymological diversion. Congrats.

Old 04-01-2015, 02:55 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,626,433 times
Wow. My prayer declarations worked. Thank you Jesus.

Old 04-01-2015, 02:58 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,980,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
When did I say that? Why would you ask something so antithetical to what I wrote? Perhaps you didn't read what I wrote. Perhaps you didn't understand what I wrote. Or perhaps you didn't care one bit what I wrote and just decided to spew vacuous nonsense in a vain and puerile attempt to dodge the legitimate repudiation of the corrupt and callous behaviors that you want to support.

Go back and read what I wrote for its clearly intended meaning, and then reply to it, if you wish, based on its clearly intended meaning. Stop with the childish games.
What is a "legitimate civic obligation?" I want that clearly defined for me and I also want to know who would have the authority to make such a decision.

"Legitimate repudiation" haha okay buddy. Perhaps in your mind. All I saw was a bunch of leftist boilerplate and of course the big statist buzzword of "bigot." I notice your style of throwing out a bunch of sentences like: "vacuous nonsense in a vain and puerile attempt to dodge the legitimate repudiation of the corrupt and callous behaviors that you want to support" in hopes that no one notices you're not really saying anything. You're talking a lot, but not really saying anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies