Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2015, 12:43 PM

18,462 posts, read 7,100,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
I don't agree with anyone who threatens violence, but I'm having a hard time understanding why anyone on the right would oppose what's happening here. How many times have we heard that a business owner should be allowed to refuse service to anyone, and if people don't like it, they are free to boycott the business. Well, you got your wish. Why aren't you happy?
Because they didn't refuse service to anyone.

They did nothing but answer a hypothetical question that was nothing but a set up by an activist reporter, probably targeting them with this "sting" operation because the owners dared to decorate their business with religious items. And in the eyes of the gay activist community, that put a target on the business that the reporter took advantage of to further a political/social agenda.

I'm a Conservative who supports gay marriage, but I don't in any way condone this type of witch hunting being done by "activists" that targets people based on their religious beliefs.

If it's really that important to a gay couple to have pizza at their wedding, then I suggest that their interests would be better served by looking for a gay owned pizzaria and giving them their business.

If gay activists want to help their public image and turn public opinion towards their cause they should try furthering their agenda by helping and patronizing those who share thier beliefs rather than trying to ruin the businesses and threatening the lives of those who don't.

Old 04-02-2015, 12:45 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,325,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I can respect your right to have any views, while disagreeing with those views. I can even voice my opinion of your views. I can decide that your views are not something I want to associate with and not patronize your business.
Exactly. So why do these "gays" bother to ask these Christian businesses to provide service?
Quote:
No one forced him to do anything. The shop has never even been ASKED to cater a wedding.
I was speaking in regard to the other cases. But in this case, he was targeted even though he doesn't provide that kind of service, just because he said he wouldn't provide it if asked.

157 posts, read 96,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
How is delivering a pizza to a party "participating"? There was no suggestion that they deliver pizza during a gay wedding ceremony or participate in a gay wedding ceremony - the owner said they wouldn't deliver pizza to a party afterwards. Are they going to ask everyone the purpose of their order? Are you celebrating a divorce? Are you celebrating the birth of a child out of wedlock?
I'm pretty sure there's a law that if you provide food products to a gay wedding or to a reception after a gay wedding, you must also get gay married.

13,977 posts, read 5,636,539 times
Wow. There really is no such thing as private property anymore.

This story in general is proof positive that the notion of private property is going the way of the dinosaur.

24,260 posts, read 14,223,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
It might seem simple to you, but to a Wedding photographer that is no solution at all. or to a bakery that makes custom wedding cakes.

You do not have a right to force anybody to participate in your sin in any way. Period. Go find a business that doesn't have a problem with it. What's hard about that?

There is only one reason these "gay's" target Christian owned businesses. It is to file a lawsuit and put them out of business, as has been the result in these cases. That is purely an evil intent. Nothing less.
The photographer does not have to OFFER wedding photography. They could do childrens pictures, portraits, nature photography, etc.

The baker could make rolls, birthday cakes, cookies, donuts, breads, pies, cheesecake, strawberry shortcake, etc.

Businesses do not have the right to violate anti-discrimination laws. They can go open a business not relaed to weddings, or a private club.

Old 04-02-2015, 12:47 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,223,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Sweet Cakes by Melissa in Oregon, fined $150k for opposing gay marriage by refusing to bake a wedding cake for one.
No, they were fined for violating the anti-discrimination laws of the state that they chose to open a business in. No one cares what their opinion were.

Old 04-02-2015, 12:47 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,476,038 times
"‘Proud of yourself sweetie?’: Trolls attack reporter who quoted anti-LGBT pizza shop owner"
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/04/p...za-shop-owner/

Old 04-02-2015, 12:48 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,595,268 times
Quote:
Then they should have said that they do not cater any weddings.
why must they explicitly state this to satisfy your needs?

Old 04-02-2015, 12:48 PM

7,826 posts, read 4,572,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooleys1300 View Post
If it's really that important to a gay couple to have pizza at their wedding, then I suggest that their interests would be better served by looking for a gay owned pizzaria and giving them their business.
Googling "Big Gay Pizza Parlor".... tap, tap, tap.... darn, no luck. Guess I just have to take my chances I'm not placing an order with "Big Homophobic Pizza Parlor". How ever shall I hope to know? There outta be a law...

Old 04-02-2015, 12:50 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,533,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Wow. There really is no such thing as private property anymore.

This story in general is proof positive that the notion of private property is going the way of the dinosaur.
Keep spinning. No one's property is being seized. Just because someone owns property, doesn't mean he can do whatever he wants with it. Regulation of commerce is a cornerstone of the Constitution. Property owners are bound by law. Business owners are bound by law. Sorry, your whine is quite weak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies