Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2015, 12:19 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,140,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
No. But its already at the point if one dares to say they don't support gay marriage, they're publically bashed and some try to ruin their lives.

Sorry folks, not all of us our politicians, ready to change our supposed views and morals for public praise. We aren't all frauds like Obama and Clinton.
This isn't even hatred of a person for who they are. Simply an opposition to to gay marriage. How the hell does that suddenly deserve hate and bashing and lives ruined?
Why do gays deserve hatred and bashing? Why have some been murdered for being gay? Why do they, in your view, deserve inequal rights to yours?

Old 04-02-2015, 12:19 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,387,859 times
i did something interesting
i googled Memories Pizza Gofundme

found the gofundme page near the bottom of the search page.

did the same for bing. its not on the first page. lots of news items and blogs about it but nothing that links to the page.
did the same for ask.com.... same as bing...

so while I tend to hate google as a prog activism search engine and their return was near the bottom of the page, it was better than the other two.

anyone know any other search engines?

Old 04-02-2015, 12:21 PM

13,966 posts, read 5,630,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Crime? So, now you're suggesting that people will be arrested for opposing gay marriage?
They've been fined for it, and there's only one stop past being fined, right? When rent seeking thugs go looking for victims to send a message to the masses that they shall not be opposed, eventually a real casualty needs to be sacrificed on the right altar, thus to quell future uprising.

So sure, I can see the day where answering the "do you support **insert XYZ mob rule cause of the day here** " questions incorrectly actually results in loss of freedom. History has tons of examples of the progression of totalitarianism control over speech, expression and association.

Old 04-02-2015, 12:23 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
memories pizza doesn't offer wedding services, yet the gaystapo are ready to rip them limb from limb.

so that doesn't appear to be a very good solution

ah, yes, I remember 'hate chicken'
Then they should have said that they do not cater any weddings.

15,823 posts, read 12,469,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
i did something interesting
i googled Memories Pizza Gofundme

found the gofundme page near the bottom of the search page.

did the same for bing. its not on the first page. lots of news items and blogs about it but nothing that links to the page.
did the same for ask.com.... same as bing...

so while I tend to hate google as a prog activism search engine and their return was near the bottom of the page, it was better than the other two.
It's about 5th down when I search Bing and Google with articles above referencing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
anyone know any other search engines?
There's yahoo, but any others aren't important or popular.

US market share:
62% Google
19% Bing/ Microsoft
13% Yahoo

9,763 posts, read 10,529,993 times
Quote:
No. But its already at the point if one dares to say they don't support gay marriage, they're publically bashed and some try to ruin their lives.
No, this is about discrimination in the public sphere.

Quote:
Sorry folks, not all of us our politicians, ready to change our supposed views and morals for public praise. We aren't all frauds like Obama and Clinton.
This isn't even hatred of a person for who they are. Simply an opposition to to gay marriage. How the hell does that suddenly deserve hate and bashing and lives ruined?
Well, I see it differently. To me, this is the epitome of hatred. Some people want to see gays put back in the closet. Ain't gonna happen. "All a-board!..." Don't miss the train. You'll be left in the dust.

Old 04-02-2015, 12:24 PM

duckduckgo .... doesnt have a search item that links to the gofundme page

Old 04-02-2015, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
It's about 5th down when I search Bing and Google with articles above referencing it.

There's yahoo, but any others aren't important or popular.
funny, I saw it on google.. but not on bing.

saw LOTS of articles about it. but not a link to it.

thought that was pretty odd....

i hage google less.

Old 04-02-2015, 12:25 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,837,396 times
Quote:

youve said in the past you wouldve discriminated against blacks if you had the chance.

Old 04-02-2015, 12:26 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,529,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
They've been fined for it, and there's only one stop past being fined, right? When rent seeking thugs go looking for victims to send a message to the masses that they shall not be opposed, eventually a real casualty needs to be sacrificed on the right altar, thus to quell future uprising.

So sure, I can see the day where answering the "do you support **insert XYZ mob rule cause of the day here** " questions incorrectly actually results in loss of freedom. History has tons of examples of the progression of totalitarianism control over speech, expression and association.
People have been fined for opposing gay marriage? Sorry, I don't believe you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies