Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree that "Black racists don't matter"?
No, I don't agree 50 86.21%
Yes, I agree 8 13.79%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 01:35 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
This nonsense again?

You need a new schtick, man. Along with history lessons and a newspaper. I know you think this argument is clever, but it's not. (Especially if you think "white people" are the only ones with nuclear and biological weapons, or the only ones who have started wars this century or last).

White people and east Asians have also figured out how to be rich and happy with less people necessary, so "overpopulation" is only a problem for those areas of the world that have to send its people abroad because they haven't figured out how to care for their own yet.

PS: The 'black collective' does not get brownie points for having not having recently used power or force, like every other European or Asian population that has come into power.

African people had no problem wielding it in the past, when they could. African peoples had no problem enslaving white Europeans for labor and as sex slaves, and for colonizing Europe for hundreds of years.
Granted, sub-Saharans have pretty much been MIA up until contact with the Arabs (who originally started the trans-African slave trade) and Europeans (second).... and most of the empire building and invention came from NE Africa, but we know how you Pan-Africanists and black nationalists like to culturally appropriate those cultures as self-emplowerment. So, guess you gotta take the good with the bad.
It’s not meant to be a cleaver argument. My theory is that there is no such thing as “progress” in the long term, at least not in a semi-closed system. In a closed system, if you add to anything….you are subtracting from something else. In other words, there is no NET GAIN. We create the illusion of progress, as humans, by getting the benefit of something before we have to pay the total cost of it. We get the benefit of technology and all types of advancements, but the long term consequences on the environment, on our physiology and biology, on finite resources that make it possible….has not yet been absorbed. When the full bill comes do in nature…..it will be catastrophic.

Moderation is the key and Western societies are gluttonous. Your economic models are not sustainable as viable models the world over, because it would be to exhaustive to finite resources and too damaging to the ecological systems. Yes, I know all about the spread of this technology and capitalism from West to East….hence….the malignancy. Yes and its human nature that compels and propels the culture and its spread, not the nature of a color. Once the culture promotes you, then you promote and spread it. However, blacks have been the least promoted by this culture. In fact, the culture demoted the humanity of blacks. Thus, just as it is not color that leads whites to behave and have what they have, it’s not color that is making blacks perform the way they do, but rather, what is done to black people that creates the human response of our condition.

The way things stands now.....regardless of the human nature origin of it all, regardless of the color, the bottom line is that black humanity are in a relatively powerless position to cause existential threats to anyone....other than ourselves, while the white population of the world disproportionately has the wealth and power.....as well as a demonstrated , motive, means and opportunity, to threaten all.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 04-07-2015 at 01:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2015, 01:39 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
HAHA! I love that the only 'yes' was actually a mistake. That's awesome. I'm proud of this forum for this.
indentured servant failed to vote

Old 04-07-2015, 01:40 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
indentured servant failed to vote
That would be a correct observation.....or should I say...deduction.

Old 04-07-2015, 02:06 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,003,320 times
So called Black racists have never been a threat to White Community. White racism has certainly affected the Black community since the beginning of colonization of North America. No comparison.

Old 04-07-2015, 05:28 PM

3,569 posts, read 2,521,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
This nonsense again?

You need a new schtick, man. Along with history lessons and a newspaper. I know you think this argument is clever, but it's not. (Especially if you think "white people" are the only ones with nuclear and biological weapons, or the only ones who have started wars this century or last).

White people and east Asians have also figured out how to be rich and happy with less people necessary, so "overpopulation" is only a problem for those areas of the world that have to send its people abroad because they haven't figured out how to care for their own yet.

PS: The 'black collective' does not get brownie points for having not having recently used power or force, like every other European or Asian population that has come into power.

African people had no problem wielding it in the past, when they could. African peoples had no problem enslaving white Europeans for labor and as sex slaves, and for colonizing Europe for hundreds of years.
Granted, sub-Saharans have pretty much been MIA up until contact with the Arabs (who originally started the trans-African slave trade) and Europeans (second).... and most of the empire building and invention came from NE Africa, but we know how you Pan-Africanists and black nationalists like to culturally appropriate those cultures as self-emplowerment. So, guess you gotta take the good with the bad.
It's odd how vehemently internet posters will try to ignore the difference between "popular" racism and "institutional racism," although this post is admittedly more trolling than genuine vehement ignorance.

Institutional racism is now an old concept--the "old equation" of power + prejudice. It is in this context that I expect the poster referred to by the OP was saying that "black racists don't matter." In the same sense, I would suggest that the white homeless man who yells an epithet at me "doesn't matter," and my version is probably a little more on point than that of the poster referred to by the OP. This is the concept first put forth in academic literature in the 1970s.

I would differentiate between institutional racism and the popular culture's use of the term, which tends to ignore power entirely. At least some theorists would say that ignoring power is a mistake because growing up in this culture means that one cannot be untainted by prejudice--i.e. most everyone has bigoted thoughts from time to time. Such a theorist is likely more concerned about enshrining that private bigotry into the halls of power, whether tacitly, overtly, or even unconsciously.

Old 04-07-2015, 05:38 PM

461 posts, read 556,232 times
Black people can't be racist... they can only be prejudiced.

Racism is institutional. The system is against black people. That's that.

A black man calling someone a "cracker" or laughing at a white person's inability to dance is not racist.

Cops killing black people across the country... every 28 hours to be exact... and then not being punished? That is racist.

Old 04-07-2015, 06:16 PM

24,411 posts, read 23,070,474 times
Knuckledraggers are knuckledraggers whether they're black racists or white racists or religious extremists or fascists. They project their failure on others rather than assign it on themselves where it belongs. Armored in their own hate and ignorance, they can only try to convince others what they believe is true.

Old 04-07-2015, 06:18 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtual Insanity View Post
Black people can't be racist... they can only be prejudiced.

Racism is institutional. The system is against black people. That's that.

A black man calling someone a "cracker" or laughing at a white person's inability to dance is not racist.

Cops killing black people across the country... every 28 hours to be exact... and then not being punished? That is racist.
Anyone who believes there are different standards for determining racism depending on what color a person's skin is, is clearly a racist, regardless of the spin-job explanation that they follow up with to try to explain their racism away.

Old 04-07-2015, 06:38 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,406,698 times
Tell me how a black racist has ruined your life.

Don't worry I'll wait.

Old 04-07-2015, 06:40 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,406,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
I've despised racism since I was a child, and I don't care what color the racist is.
The color of the racist matters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
Doesn't matter either way.

Rich racist white people don't have any power over me.

...why should I care about what they think?
Yea, until you have to rent one of their apartments, or buy a home in one of their neighborhoods. Or if your district gets gerrymandered to render your vote useless. Or if the director of the job you applied to doesn't like you because of the color of your skin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies