Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2015, 09:11 AM

18,389 posts, read 19,023,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Yes, they do, and I think they also welcome the fact that women having illegal, unsafe abortions could be maimed or even die fits in nicely with their punishment meme.

this was exactly the reply I got from an anti choicer a few months ago when I asked about the deaths of woman who undergo illegal abortions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2015, 09:36 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
it's called choice of which there is 3. supporting abortion does not mean you don't support the other choices. it is up to the individual woman to make the choice.

in america do you support women being forced to carry a pregnancy to term against her will just because she had sex consensually?
If you actually read my posts, you'll notice that I've stated that I think it should be legal within reason and that my personal feelings on abortion play little to no role in that stance.

I have a pretty libertarian view on a lot of things, so that means I'm not big on imposing my morality on others through legislation.

Wanna kill your baby? That's between you and your God (or lack thereof)
Just don't ask me to pay for your lack of responsibility if you're too stupid to use birth control or have a "change of heart" about wanting a child.

And don't try to rationalize it by saying a fetus isn't human. If you are going to kill your kid, then own up to what you're doing and stop trying to sugar coat it.

Old 04-12-2015, 09:44 AM

18,389 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooleys1300 View Post
If you actually read my posts, you'll notice that I've stated that I think it should be legal within reason and that my personal feelings on abortion play little to no role in that stance.

I have a pretty libertarian view on a lot of things, so that means I'm not big on imposing my morality on others.

Wanna kill your baby? That's between you and your God (or lack thereof)
Just don't ask me to pay for your lack of responsibility if you're too stupid to use birth control or have a "change of heart" about wanting a child.
I have read your posts and do know your position. using terms like "kill your baby" seems more like flaming then anything. BTW you do not pay for abortions now. what you do pay for is welfare.

Old 04-12-2015, 09:49 AM

4,422 posts, read 6,260,506 times
Many people who are for the death penalty are the same people who want big government to force a teenage rape victim to have the baby. If you're against abortion, don't have one. Just like the government shouldn't force women to HAVE an abortion. It should be your choice, right? Pro-choice is not pro-abortion. Duh!

Old 04-12-2015, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Tell me why I should live my life according to your religion.

Believe whatever you want, but don't try to force those beliefs on me.

I am certainly not going to live my life by a storybook written by primitive, superstitious men who lived thousands of years ago.

The beauty of Roe v Wade? It is based on CHOICE, no one is forced to act against their beliefs.

To bad the left isn't as concerned about forcing someone to make a pizza against their belifes as they are protecting a women's right to kill a baby according to their belifes.

Old 04-12-2015, 09:52 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
At what point most happen is irrelevant because even in the first trimester it's still human and you're ending a human life.
Telling yourself it's just a blob of cells is a convenient way to rationalize killing it.

Also irrelevant because Liberals argue for the right to abortion on demand under any circumstances, including mid-late term.

But I still think abortion should be legal (within reason) because even though I personally find it disgusting and morally reprehensible, I'm able to separate my personal opinion on it from whether it should be legal or not.

Too bad the Left can't do the same thing about a host of issues, including the death penalty for murderers.
No woman has a mid or late term abortion because they want to and changed their mind about having a baby.

The death penalty isn't about morals. I would rather someone sit in prison for life without parole, than give them an easy out with the death penalty.

Old 04-12-2015, 09:55 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
To bad the left isn't as concerned about forcing someone to make a pizza against their belifes as they are protecting a women's right to kill a baby according to their belifes.
Free market, consumers can choose to do what they want, including boycotting a business. Also, where in the bible does it mention when one should or shouldn't make a pizza for another person?

Old 04-12-2015, 09:56 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
My having an abortion has no effect on you or anyone else...... someone refusing service does.

Old 04-12-2015, 10:01 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Free market, consumers can choose to do what they want, including boycotting a business. Also, where in the bible does it mention when one should or shouldn't make a pizza for another person?
Something I have noticed......why is it these refusing service stories are never about a builder refusing to build a house for a gay couple or refusing to do a $$$$ remodel for a gay couple? We never here about someone refusing service when there is BIG money involved.

Could it be that being offended has a price tag?

Old 04-12-2015, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I have read your posts and do know your position. using terms like "kill your baby" seems more like flaming then anything. BTW you do not pay for abortions now. what you do pay for is welfare.
I use the term killing your baby because that's my personal opinion of what you're doing.

That doesn't mean I think it should be illegal.

No, I'm not paying for abortions now but that doesn't stop many on the left from thinking I should and trying to move towards passing legislation to that effect one way or another , such as public funding for Planned Parenthood.

Have all the unprotected sex you want, suck as many human fetus's out of your wombs as your conscience can deal with...But have the cojones to own up to what your doing and stop looking to dip into my wallet to pay for your lack of responsibility and you'd get a lot more respect from me.

Last edited by FatBob96; 04-12-2015 at 10:12 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies