Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2015, 08:10 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So you seem to think all abortions are late term abortions? Either that, or you don't know much about the know much about the development of a fetus.
Did I say they were all late term? Where did I say that?

It is you who knows nothing (or pretend not to know, to justify your position) about human development.

Answer these questions:
  1. At what point do you think it becomes a baby?
  2. At what point do you think it becomes human?
  3. At what point would you say it is "alive" (sounds silly, but I have had pro-aborts say it isn't alive)
"Fetus" is just a term for an unborn baby. It does not make it less of a human baby. It is still a baby.

I suppose you buy into the Planned Parenthood propaganda that it's "just a blob of cells." Take a look at a series of photos of the stages of development of a human fetus (baby) and tell me if it looks like "just a blob of cells."

I have no patience with this kind of ignorance. It is all rhetoric designed to disguise the horrific fact that abortion is the destruction of a human life, by dismembering the innocent child and sucking it out of the womb, or worse, for later term abortions, pulling it out piece by piece, a leg, an arm, etc. This is so gruesome and grisly it forces me to wonder about the sanity of those who engage in this murderous practice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2015, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
OK, explain it to me.

Why is one a person and the other not?

Keep in mind I spent several weeks in an ICU on a ventilator unable to collect enough oxygen with my compromised lungs to sustain life.

According to the standard applied to fetuses, I was not viable.

Did I cease to be a person?
Bam! Nailed it! Applying their standard, you did.

Old 04-11-2015, 08:27 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I do believe a woman has the right to choose whether or not she wants to be pregnant and that right is to be exercised before she copulates.

The fetus is the only innocent party in this.

He or she didn`t ask to be made biologically dependent on another person.

It was that other person - the mother - who made the decision to make the child dependent on her body.

When I was on the ventilator, I was fed through an IV.

Explain why the hospital was required to feed me.

Explain why the hospital was required to keep me in their ICU.
You were a full born baby when you were born, not a first trimester bean. So not sure why you think that is relevant. If you were a first trimester fetus, they would have just flushed you, not put you on a ventilator.

Your statement basically says a woman has the right to choose up until she is pregnant, then she loses those rights. That I disagree with. A woman doesn't lose those rights and should be able to decide if she wants a fetus inside her. If she does not, she should be able to get rid of it safely and legally.

Old 04-11-2015, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Were you a first trimester fetus?
This is pure ignorance on display!

Quote:
Do you think women are having late term abortions commonly?
Of course he doesn't, and neither do I.

Quote:
You are a person when you are born, and it sounds like you were born, even if you can't breathe.
Ohhhhhhh .... suddenly you become a person! Wow, at what moment does that happen? Does the entire body have to be out, or are you a person as soon as your head is fully out? I'm confused. How about enlightening me on that?

You are making a decree, that person-hood happens at some magical moment. That sounds a lot like Catholic teaching ("ensoulment"), which is pure heresy (and a blatant lie), which has no grounding ins scripture. They just made it up. Are you a Catholic?

If your not Catholic, where do you come up with this fantasy? Who taught you this nonsense?

Sorry, dude, you are not God. You are not the one to bestow person-hood on anyone. You do not decide when one is a person and when one is not.

Jeremiah 1:5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart"

Old 04-11-2015, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Did I say they were all late term? Where did I say that?

It is you who knows nothing (or pretend not to know, to justify your position) about human development.

Answer these questions:
  1. At what point do you think it becomes a baby?
  2. At what point do you think it becomes human?
  3. At what point would you say it is "alive" (sounds silly, but I have had pro-aborts say it isn't alive)
"Fetus" is just a term for an unborn baby. It does not make it less of a human baby. It is still a baby.

I suppose you buy into the Planned Parenthood propaganda that it's "just a blob of cells." Take a look at a series of photos of the stages of development of a human fetus (baby) and tell me if it looks like "just a blob of cells."

I have no patience with this kind of ignorance. It is all rhetoric designed to disguise the horrific fact that abortion is the destruction of a human life, by dismembering the innocent child and sucking it out of the womb, or worse, for later term abortions, pulling it out piece by piece, a leg, an arm, etc. This is so gruesome and grisly it forces me to wonder about the sanity of those who engage in this murderous practice.
At a point near the end of the second trimester and beginning of the third trimester. Women who have abortions here do so for medical reasons, not because they changed their mind about wanting a baby.

Most women have abortions about the time the fetus is a bean size. Maybe you should study the stages better because it sounds like you have no idea who a fetus develops.

Old 04-11-2015, 08:45 AM

Quote:

Ohhhhhhh .... suddenly you become a person! Wow, at what moment does that happen? Does the entire body have to be out, or are you a person as soon as your head is fully out? I'm confused. How about enlightening me on that?

You are making a decree, that person-hood happens at some magical moment. That sounds a lot like Catholic teaching ("ensoulment"), which is pure heresy (and a blatant lie), which has no grounding ins scripture. They just made it up. Are you a Catholic?

If your not Catholic, where do you come up with this fantasy? Who taught you this nonsense?

Sorry, dude, you are not God. You are not the one to bestow person-hood on anyone. You do not decide when one is a person and when one is not.

Jeremiah 1:5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart"
Sorry you don't understand rational discussion. At least you are finally learning that women have abortions in the first trimester, now if only we can get you to know what that means.

Also, I don't believe in your fairy tale religion, so you can leave that out of the discussion as well. I doubt Jeremiah was a qualified doctor.

Old 04-11-2015, 08:46 AM

18,389 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:

who are you to say what catholics believe is a blatant lie? why should your religious teaching be more true than a catholics?

Old 04-11-2015, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Are you seriously saying a woman can copulate by herself?

Because I don't see "he" anywhere in your statement.
Oh, please! Don't play dumb.

Old 04-11-2015, 09:07 AM

Quote:
You were a full born baby when you were born, not a first trimester bean.
What is a "first trimester 'bean'"? Is that a medical term? Please explain what you mean by, "bean?" Or did you mean, "being.?"

Quote:
So not sure why you think that is relevant. If you were a first trimester fetus, they would have just flushed you, not put you on a ventilator.
You mean, "killed."

Quote:
Your statement basically says a woman has the right to choose up until she is pregnant, then she loses those rights. That I disagree with. A woman doesn't lose those rights and should be able to decide if she wants a fetus inside her. If she does not, she should be able to get rid of it safely and legally.
Well, that's about it. Yes. The time to choose is before you decide to have sex. Pregnancy is always a possibility, no matter how careful one is.

A fetus (baby) is fully a person from the moment of conception. If there is no implantation, that is God's doing.

I would like to ask you, based on your other ridiculous statement, if one is not a "person" (in your view) until born, is that also when all your talents, your intelligence, and all your personal traits are magically bestowed upon you? Or, when (in your opinion) does that occur?

Old 04-11-2015, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Sorry you don't understand rational discussion.
This is not a rational discussion, at least not on your part. You are totally irrational.

Quote:
At least you are finally learning that women have abortions in the first trimester, now if only we can get you to know what that means.
I'm "finally learning?" Like I didn't know that?

Suppose you tell me what that means from your irrational point of view.

Quote:
Also, I don't believe in your fairy tale religion, so you can leave that out of the discussion as well. I doubt Jeremiah was a qualified doctor.
My religion is not a fairy tale.

So, if you didn't get that ridiculous notion from Catholicism, where did you get it from?

By the way, Jeremiah was quoting what God had told him: "The word of the LORD came to me, saying, "Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies