Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 12:59 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,656,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I just heard on the radio that the darling of the US Senate and possible future candidate for the Presidency, Elizabeth Warren came out and she is against the death penalty for the Boston Marathon bomber terrorist. He was found guilty on all 30 plus counts and now awaits sentencing which will be either the death penalty of life in prison.

Warren still holds onto the belief that this poor kid was influenced by his older brother to place bombs at the feet of innocent people and he should not be put to death. Instead he should be locked in jail for the rest of his days and forgotten about.

Warren represents the Democratic party in Massachusetts and she is firmly against the Death Penalty while being all for Abortion?

How can a person be so Against an innocent life being brought into this world and issue a death sentence for that baby yet cannot be For the death penalty of a known terrorist bomber who killed 4 people and maimed scores more?

Is it hypocrisy or something else?
The right to abortion is not about death, its about a womans right to choose if something the size of a basketball grows in her stomach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2015, 01:00 AM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
OK, explain it to me.

Why is one a person and the other not?

Keep in mind I spent several weeks in an ICU on a ventilator unable to collect enough oxygen with my compromised lungs to sustain life.

According to the standard applied to fetuses, I was not viable.

Did I cease to be a person?
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Were you a first trimester fetus? (1) Do you think women are having late term abortions commonly?(2)

You are a person when you are born (3), and it sounds like you were born, even if you can't breathe.(4)

(1) What difference does that make?

(2) What difference does that make?

(3) Why?

(4) How does passage through the birth canal transform non-humans into humans?

What happened to viability determining who is or is not a person?

I wasn`t viable when I was on that ventilator, so why was I not transformed back into a non-person?

You can`t defend this **** because it`s illogical.

Last edited by momonkey; 04-11-2015 at 01:10 AM..

Old 04-11-2015, 01:01 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
The right to abortion is not about death, its about a womans right to choose if something the size of a basketball grows in her stomach.
That something is called a human.

Old 04-11-2015, 01:02 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Homicide is not always unlawful. In fact when an individual is executed the manner of death is listed as homicide. Abortion is legal homicide just like executions.

Scott Peterson was convicted of two homicides.
Nope, still not the same thing. An execution isn't a homicide either. Scott Peterson was convicted on two counts of murder because his unborn child was eight months along, pretty much a developed fetus. For abortions, that would be called a late term abortions and it is very rare for a woman to have an abortion at eight months.

Old 04-11-2015, 01:06 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Nope, still not the same thing. An execution isn't a homicide either. Scott Peterson was convicted on two counts of murder because his unborn child was eight months along, pretty much a developed fetus. For abortions, that would be called a late term abortions and it is very rare for a woman to have an abortion at eight months.
When someone is executed on their death certificate under manner of death it will state homicide. Google: Ted Bundy death certificate. This is a fact, not subject to debate. While some argue Trayvon Martin was murdered and others disagree the fact is his death certificate lists manner of death as homicide. If you are intentionally killed by someone else, legally or not, your manner of death is homicide.

California legal code:

Quote:

187. (a) Murder is the unlawful killing of a human being, or a
fetus,
with malice aforethought.
(b) This section shall not apply to any person
who commits an act
that results in the death of a fetus if any of the
following apply:
(1) The act complied with the Therapeutic Abortion Act,
Article 2
(commencing with Section 123400) of Chapter 2 of Part 2 of
Division
106 of the Health and Safety Code.
(2) The act was
committed by a holder of a physician's and surgeon'
s certificate, as
defined in the Business and Professions Code, in a
case where, to a medical
certainty, the result of childbirth would be
death of the mother of the
fetus or where her death from childbirth,
although not medically certain,
would be substantially certain or
more likely than not.
(3) The act
was solicited, aided, abetted, or consented to by the
mother of the fetus.

(c) Subdivision (b) shall not be construed to prohibit the

prosecution of any person under any other provision of law.
Fetal homicides are legal if performed by a doctor with a woman's consent.

19,786 posts, read 22,688,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I just heard on the radio that the darling of the US Senate and possible future candidate for the Presidency, Elizabeth Warren came out and she is against the death penalty for the Boston Marathon bomber terrorist. He was found guilty on all 30 plus counts and now awaits sentencing which will be either the death penalty of life in prison.

Warren still holds onto the belief that this poor kid was influenced by his older brother to place bombs at the feet of innocent people and he should not be put to death. Instead he should be locked in jail for the rest of his days and forgotten about.

Warren represents the Democratic party in Massachusetts and she is firmly against the Death Penalty while being all for Abortion?

How can a person be so Against an innocent life being brought into this world and issue a death sentence for that baby yet cannot be For the death penalty of a known terrorist bomber who killed 4 people and maimed scores more?

Is it hypocrisy or something else?
I don't agree with either. My personal religious beliefs don't reconcile either of the two decisions.

The same argument can be laid to the religious right- How can one support the death penalty but be against abortion? I also see that as blatant hypocrisy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
(1) What difference does that make?

(2) What difference does that make?

(3) Why?

(4) How does passage through the birth canal transform non-humans into humans?

What happened to the viability determining who is or is not a person?

I wasn`t viable when I was on that ventilator, so why was I not transformed back into a non-person?

You can`t defend this **** because it`s illogical.
So you think something the size of a bean should be treated as a functioning person? Do you have any clue when most abortions even happen? When you are on a ventilator, did you still need to be connected by a cord to your mother to eat? It is hard to have a rational conversation with others who think so irrational about a woman's right to choose.

Old 04-11-2015, 01:13 AM

3,349 posts, read 2,849,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
I don't agree with either. My personal religious beliefs don't reconcile either of the two decisions.

The same argument can be laid to the religious right- How can one support the death penalty but be against abortion? I also see that as blatant hypocrisy.
It is innocent baby vs an adult who committed a crime.

Old 04-11-2015, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
When someone is executed on their death certificate under manner of death it will state homicide. Google: Ted Bundy death certificate. This is a fact, not subject to debate. While some argue Trayvon Martin was murdered and others disagree the fact is his death certificate lists manner of death as homicide. If you are intentionally killed by someone else, legally or not, your manner of death is homicide.

California legal code:

Fetal homicides are legal if performed by a doctor with a woman's consent.
Well maybe you can link a photo of this death certificate that proves that. Regardless, you can call an abortion whatever you like, it is still legal and a woman's right to choose, not you or her government's.

Old 04-11-2015, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
It is innocent baby vs an adult who committed a crime.
Fetus, it isn't a baby until it is born.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies