Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2015, 03:57 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,258,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

After all, if one H1-B is replacing 12 Americans, then there isn't a shortage of experienced American citizen IT workers.
Best. Comment. Ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2015, 03:59 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,835,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmFest View Post
This is a bipartisan effort that I can get behind.

Old 04-15-2015, 04:00 PM

22,475 posts, read 12,014,567 times
OMG, gungir---Your comtempt for Americans is horrible! I bet that you also think it's okay for people to hire illegal aliens because Americans won't do those jobs. Please stop.

I refer to your posts like this:
--------------------------

Actually he proved the opposite. How effective do you think those 12 Americans must have been to be replaced by one single H-1B? They must have all been slobbering knuckledraggers for the company (before consulting anyone) couldn't tell that it was overstaffed just by productivity. If you have a bunch of idiots who don't know what they're doing, managed by people who do not know what their idiots are supposed to be doing. You find that when someone who knows what they're doing sees the idiots, those idiots are removed and replaced by significantly fewer people who have got a clue. The assumption you make is that those 12 Americans were experienced American Citizen IT workers, clearly they were not, if they're replaced by a team of 1 (with two others as cover).

--------------------------------
^What a horrible, untrue thing to write!

"Slobbering knuckledraggers"? Just horrible! Why do you hate Americans so much and are eager to see them go without work? Besides, if they were working and got replaced, then clearly, they were experienced. It's not like they were hired because they were unqualified.

Then you write this:
-----------------------------

entitlement behavior.

Look it's simple, if you're living in BFNowhere and you're a professor of Neurological Research there's probably little need for your skills in BFNowhere. So you move at your own cost to say Johns Hopkins, because the overall cost to move is lower than not receiving income your skills demand. If you stay in BFNowhere don't cry that no one will pay relocation expenses for you to move to Johns Hopkins, or that you're not working, or that you're paid less than you deserve, you own that, don't cry about it
-------------------------------------
Really? Yet you have no problem giving H1-Bs plane tickets from India. Once again, you've proven that H1-Bs are NOT needed when you yourself just admitted that there are people who are willing to relocate but can't afford to do so. Tell us all how someone who has been unemployed and has just about exhausted their savings trying to stay afloat can afford to up and relocate?

He did prove that H1-Bs are not needed---and you know it, too!

As for those H1-Bs you claim are so superior to Americans, read post #91 in this thread.

It truly saddens me to come across posts like yours. May you never be without work. And if you are, may you never be thought of so contemptuously as you think think of others.

Last edited by BOS2IAD; 04-15-2015 at 04:11 PM..

Old 04-15-2015, 04:04 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,763,680 times
Quote:
Of course you realize that you don't know all Indian H1-Bs, right?

You also know that a lot of them lose their H1-Bs, don't get a green card but instead stay here illegally?

450,000 illegal immigrants in US are from India: Report - The Times of India

Not all H1-Bs get green cards:

H1B Revoked, Withdrawal, Termination
The point is, they will STAY no matter what.
So you proved my point. Thank you.

Old 04-15-2015, 04:07 PM

22,475 posts, read 12,014,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Not all of them stay. Some of them are honest enough to return home.

Do you think it's okay for them to stay here illegally? Again, you don't know all H1-Bs so don't make blanket statements.

Quote:
Nowhere in the first article does it say if these people came here through H-1B. The article proves neither your point nor hers.

The second article does not say if the people that got their visas revoked stayed or left, so it didn't prove your point nor hers either.

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmFest View Post
Best. Comment. Ever.
By best, you mean the stupidest? If a company has to hire one H1B to replace 12 Americans but can't find 1 American to replace the said 12, that's precisely the shortage we are talking about.

Old 04-15-2015, 04:08 PM

8,278 posts, read 6,279,345 times
Quote:
OMG, gungir---Your comtempt for Americans is horrible! I bet that you also think it's okay for people to hire illegal aliens because Americans won't do those jobs. Please stop.

I refer to your posts like this:
--------------------------

Actually he proved the opposite. How effective do you think those 12 Americans must have been to be replaced by one single H-1B? They must have all been slobbering knuckledraggers for the company (before consulting anyone) couldn't tell that it was overstaffed just by productivity. If you have a bunch of idiots who don't know what they're doing, managed by people who do not know what their idiots are supposed to be doing. You find that when someone who knows what they're doing sees the idiots, those idiots are removed and replaced by significantly fewer people who have got a clue. The assumption you make is that those 12 Americans were experienced American Citizen IT workers, clearly they were not, if they're replaced by a team of 1 (with two others as cover).

--------------------------------
^What a horrible, untrue thing to write!

"Slobbering knuckledraggers"? Just horrible! Why do you hate Americans so much and are eager to see them go without work? Besides, if they were working and got replaced, then clearly, they were experienced. It's not like they were hired because they were unqualified.

He did prove that H1-Bs are not needed---and you know it, too!

As for those H1-Bs you claim are so superior to Americans, read post #91 in this thread.

It truly saddens me to come across posts like yours. May you never be without work. And if you are, may you never be thought of so contemptuously as you think think of others.
I think you mistake my contempt for idiots and morons, and people who make extraordinary claims about their abilities that are proved to be false, for contempt for Americans. I don't have contempt for Americans, but I don't cut slack to idiots and morons and people who make extraordinary claims about their abilities that are proved to be false just because those people are American.

Get over yourself.

If you can replace 12 workers with 1 skilled worker, what do you call those 12 workers? Underskilled? If you rearrange the words of "Slobbering Knuckledragger" you can form the word "underskilled".

Old 04-15-2015, 04:12 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times
Quote:
Why wouldn't you want them to stay? They are well educated and taxpaying. Would you rather have the 50 million illegals that you have to support?

Old 04-15-2015, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Why wouldn't you want them to stay? They are well educated and taxpaying. Would you rather have the 50 million illegals that you have to support?
Bettafish is actually in favor of them staying. I think you misread his posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies