Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 04:35 PM

577 posts, read 900,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Political correct Liberalism is to blame.
I'd agree with this... the black family was strong until welfare ripped it apart. I watched a documentary about an infamous housing project and the father of an intact family of 8+ children (!) had to leave them in order for the mom and kids to qualify for housing. The mom and kids moved into the projects and the husband had to stay away. To this day there are disincentives for marriage built into entitlements (even obamacare- I've jokingly suggested to my husband that we get divorced so we could save 6k+ a year).

So it's not really which race, its which gov't policy. There should be marriage incentives built into entitlements.

Old 04-11-2015, 04:39 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,006,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Maybe it is just the USA's structure that does not work for Blacks as a race???. Those African slaves were forced into a horrible position when taken to North America. Maybe, well, their ancestors would have been a LOT better off in a different place, a different societal structure, a different way of living.

I know that Japan and Germany were pretty warlike and bombastic before and during WW2. Then their countries were pulverized and totally defeated. But look at how both have recovered and thrived.

Makes you wonder how long you can look to external reasons for what may be, well, genetic traits that may make SOME less well equipped for the modernity of the USA?????
Well when the external issues have never been properly addressed, you can't really jump into the "genetic inferior" argument .

You can't blame a man for not being able to run if someone purposely broke his legs.

Old 04-11-2015, 04:40 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Lets stop beating around the bush. Things in this country are a whole lot worse for black people than white people. That is a FACT. ...... However, the fact that you never owned a slave or that you are not racist does not cancel the damage done by whites who were racist and who did own slaves.
A Black man is the President of the United States. This is the most powerful position on the planet. The majority of people who voted for him were White. There is no other White majority county on the planet where this could happen.

Point - Everyone has it in them to become whatever they want. Race is irrelevant. Obama is proof of this. The rest of your diatribe is nonsense and not worth responding to. It's essentially whining for special favors and reparations. Never gonna happen.

Old 04-11-2015, 04:43 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times
I will go with certain people are the problem, not race.

Old 04-11-2015, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid825 View Post
I'd agree with this... the black family was strong until welfare ripped it apart. I watched a documentary about an infamous housing project and the father of an intact family of 8+ children (!) had to leave them in order for the mom and kids to qualify for housing. The mom and kids moved into the projects and the husband had to stay away. To this day there are disincentives for marriage built into entitlements (even obamacare- I've jokingly suggested to my husband that we get divorced so we could save 6k+ a year).

So it's not really which race, its which gov't policy. There should be marriage incentives built into entitlements.
Blacks have always been oppressed. The only difference is that liberalism took to the forefront in the 1960's and replace the old style of systemic oppression. The Black family was stronger because we had no choice but to live together and work together because America was so racially segregated.

Old 04-11-2015, 04:44 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,713,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooleys1300 View Post
So what does it matter who's more to blame at this point then? The horse is long out of the barn and he won't be caught by standing at the gate and throwing manure at each other.

Racism has had one foot in the grave and another on bannanna peel in America for a while now , but some people just insist on keeping it on life support instead of just letting it die the slow, painful death it deserves.

There is not one black person left alive today that was a slave.
There is not one white person left today that was a slave owner.

At what point does continuing to blame each other for the actions of our ancestors become counter productive?
If you are in a race....and you keep coming in last.....pretty soon that is going to work on your psychology. Soon you may likely stop believing in yourself and stop giving 100%. Confidence is boosted by success and eroded by failures. Hence, when black people look at the world, we see relative failure for out people, except in things like sports. We see poor nations and poor peoples mostly. We, as black people, need to know WHY so that we do not internalize the failure and think ourselves intrinsically less. We do not blame to put you down....but to lift ourselves up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkpUyB2xgTM

People are always trying to discredit the video above.....but I think it is a valid and credible display of reality. It demonstrates that blacks have internalized their own inferiority....which will create a self fulfilling prophecy. This is why blacks MUST affirm their BLACKNESS and understand HOW we ended up losing. However, many whites FEAR blacks having such knowledge because they fear blacks will seek some kind of payback on whites.

Old 04-11-2015, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
A Black man is the President of the United States. This is the most powerful position on the planet. The majority of people who voted for him were White. There is no other White majority county on the planet where this could happen.

Point - Everyone has it in them to become whatever they want. Race is irrelevant. Obama is proof of this. The rest of your diatribe is nonsense and not worth responding to. It's essentially whining for special favors and reparations. Never gonna happen.
Stop calling him a Black president. He's mixed race with no Black American roots in this country. His African father was an immigrant!

Old 04-11-2015, 04:50 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,713,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid825 View Post

So it's not really which race, its which gov't policy. There should be marriage incentives built into
entitlements.

No...you are running from the truth. Why would liberalism hit blacks harder if not for racism? Racism made blacks disproportionately attracted to liberalism to mitigate the impact of racism, assuming liberalism has indeed been a problem. Liberalism should have weighed equally in its negativity on blacks and whites. It should have destroyed the white family at the same rate it destroyed the black family, if it is indeed responsible for said destruction. Racism is the root cause of why such things impacted blacks more than whites....and is still the reason why things impact blacks more than whites today. It's the legacy effect. besides, the alternative to liberalism during the 50's, 60's and 70's was abject poverty because rampant racism was preventing equal opportunity for many blacks.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 04-11-2015 at 05:01 PM..

Old 04-11-2015, 05:04 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
Stop calling him a Black president. He's mixed race with no Black American roots in this country. His African father was an immigrant!
Obama says he is Black. As far as not being American. That is more nonsense. Doesn't matter how many emoticons you attach to your post.

You only say this nonsense now because otherwise it disproves your spin of the mythical "Black Oppression".

Old 04-11-2015, 05:07 PM

2,395 posts, read 3,014,398 times
The Democrat race is to blame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies