Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2015, 11:15 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,022,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Oh I am sure you did hear her say that, which is why I said it was poorly worded. Though I am sure your right wing media is spinning it as they set aside an area for people to terrorize and riot in a neighborhood. It is what I expect to see come from right wingers. Right wingers seem to foam at the mouth for things like this.
I'm not a right winger, and I heard her say it. It wasn't poorly worded. She sounded quite articulate
If she misspoke, what would have been the big deal to simply say, "I meant peaceful, not angry."
I'm not getting her double speak on the matter.

Old 04-28-2015, 11:16 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,733,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
What is really troubling is who gave the order for the Police to stand down? I would be pretty upset if my store was looted and burned and the Police just watched.

When the animals get out of hand it is time to put them on a leash not let them run wild.
In such a position, I might suggest that my insurance company pay particular attention to this, and sue the city's insurance company for reimbursement of making my losses whole.......well, just for starters anyway.

CN.......

Old 04-28-2015, 11:17 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,029,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, this is what I have to say about this. Calls for peace aren't working. Rioters and looters aren't going to listen to reason. And especially when many of them are gang members. "Live by the sword, die by the sword" is the philosophy. What has stopped looting in the past(of businesses anyway) are people shooting looters. I am in favor of people defending their businesses. What I hope doesn't happen are those persons who use the Stand Your Ground mentality as an excuse to shoot random people whether they are looting or not.
That's the thing. I hear people saying "how could they do this to their own community?" They do.not.care. That's the reality. No amount of pleading, reasoning, and trying to tug on their heartstrings is going to work. People who would loot and be violent do not care about any of that whatsoever.

Old 04-28-2015, 11:17 AM

17,420 posts, read 14,663,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tal Dew View Post
Yea I saw him say that and just .... I'm like why didn't you watch the news to get better info.... meanwhile there were 144 vehicle fires and 15 structure fires...just wow
... and he also wants to try and attract new businesses into these urban communities.

The sentiment is there ... but timing is WAY off.

I'm sure the business community is jumping all over themselves trying to get to the front of the line to have their livelihood burned and looted.

Old 04-28-2015, 11:18 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,300,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And the city's leadership has done nothing to change that. And this time racism cannot be used because the city's leadership is Black. You can't use political parties because the city's leadership are all Democrats.

So now that we take racism and political party out of the picture..just what is left ?
Well, I think its pretty clear that racism is a huge factor no matter the political leadership.

This is about institutions within a city and a belief system that most Americans by into about black Americans.

But yes the leadership of the city has failed and failed in a lot of places to correct this huge problem.

What's left is the same sad and brutal history of police violence, state violence against black Americans.

What's left is that still needs to change.

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
When they looted in North Minneapolis after a tornado a few years ago, and I'm talking they were stealing from their neighbors as the tornado all clear sirens were sounding. Was that because of lack of jobs? That is what you call a lack of morals. There was a time when neighbors helped each other in North Minneapolis. Now they loot and murder.

31,088 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Yep and they act like civilized people in a civil society. I see no danger in them expressing their opinions peacefully.
But they're Evil and hate people

Last edited by LS Jaun; 04-28-2015 at 11:34 AM..

Old 04-28-2015, 11:19 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,022,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
When they looted in North Minneapolis after a tornado a few years ago, and I'm talking they were stealing from their neighbors as the tornado all clear sirens were sounding. Was that because of lack of jobs? That is what you call a lack of morals. There was a time when neighbors helped each other in North Minneapolis. Now they loot and murder.
That's just plain sad.

Old 04-28-2015, 11:20 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Is beating the crap out of someone while they are in custody acting like a rational human being, or an animal?
At this point, what difference does it make?

Old 04-28-2015, 11:20 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
I'll add the police chief of Baltimore is black, and so is half the police department.
In Baltimore the entire city leadership is Black and Democrat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies