Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2015, 10:32 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
She could have phrased that a lot better and chosen her words carefully. I'm sure she never had time to anticipate just how dull the population is and how dishonest media outlets are.

Not here to argue but what Mayor in their right mind would want citizens destroying her own town. This is why I listened to it with a different perspective than what Fox news wanted me to hear.
CBS broadcasted it no fox, you choose to back her words just like the good little left wing soldier you are

Old 04-28-2015, 10:33 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
This is her backpedaling:

But she literally said:

Which DOES say that they were accepting of the rioters destroying property. It DOES say that they were passive to it.

But sure, if you want to cut her slack, have at it.
Saying a poorly worded statement, and then trying to correct it later is what we call backpedaling, so you are correct sir. She has backpedaled on her poorly worded statement.

Also, I am not "cutting anyone slack." I do not live in Baltimore, and if I did, I would be saying this mayor should start looking for a new job because this one isn't going to be panning out for her.

Old 04-28-2015, 10:33 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northernest Southernest C View Post
Just because its on fb do not mean its uncreditable. How do you conclude that she is anything other than his mom is my question. This is a video from local news station NBC which has been featured on CBS this morning and Today's Show all sources and common sense lead to that being his mom. In other words stop being ignorant.
Who are they? I thought about looking as opposed to passing it all around like everyone else. This is what I found.

Baltimore 'Mom of the Year' Beats Son on Camera now.snopes.com

Old 04-28-2015, 10:34 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
The governor of Maryland was in damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. He wouldn't escape criticism, regardless of his choice to usurp the Baltimore mayor's power and send the guard or wait for her request for the guard.
Exactly. So why not do the right thing, rather than sit back and do nothing. I can't tell if it was him being a weak leader, and being PC as Southbel is advocating for, of if he's playing politics, allowing things to go horribly wrong, just to gain political points. (Page one of the republican playbook). Hard to tell.

Old 04-28-2015, 10:34 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Real world? So you think that people being pissed because he avoided a problem would have been worse than sitting by while all this happened, and then blaming someone else, who he was in constant contact with? Unbelievable.

People like you are the problem. Quit being so PC, and have the balls to actually DO SOMETHING and TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR IT.
Hey Mr, know it all....I sat there in front of the TV and screamed at it, b/c no one was doing anything....

then it was explained to me, that it has to come from the mayor, to ask for help....and in this case, it was her fault, it is the law....period....so no matter what you say, she was wrong....and should be fired....just like the mayor was wrong in not asking for help after Katrina.....

People like You are the problem...

talk to the politicians involved in making those decissions, if it were up to me, and I sent the National Guard in, believe you me, I'd have a ton of buses go in, and I'd start shooting into the air, when this all came about, and grab all those looters I could, and all those people setting fire to cars and buildings and hall their arses off to jail....the cops just stood there and allowed those kids to throw rocks and bricks at them???????

and if you break the law, then your going to have people screaming that cops are lawless, they're the bad guys, and they are not....

Like I said, what happened showed America, what cops deal with day in and day out....

Old 04-28-2015, 10:35 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,018,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
EDIT: And I'm not assigning all blame to the Gov. I said MANY times the Mayor has blame. Obviously the rioters have blame. The police were wrong in the first place (does not justify the response), the history has been horrible, recent and longstanding. There are MANY reasons, none of them justify what happened. But the Governor could have done more. He could have done better. It does not mean he is responsible for all that happned, but he could have mitigated a lot of the damage, and failed to do so. That is not the same as "blame". (Blame is a big source of our problems. As another poster said, we should be focused on fixing problems, not blaming.)
Nope. I'm happy to assign blame. I blame Democrats and their failed policies which have once again resulted in a violent wasteland and further helped to keep blacks embroiled in poverty and crime. Baltimore, a city that has been Democrat for nearly forever!

My family and I are happy to be Republicans. It wasn't Republicans that made my family sit in the back of the bus - that was Democrats. So yeah, I'll assign blame and dang it, I'm so freaking mad at what they've done to black people and sad that so many are too blind to see it.

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Do you think those teenagers are democrats?

They don't even look old enough to vote.

Maybe you should ask a few of them to which political party they belong....before they are murdered for being Black.
If those rioting teens are murdered for being black, it's likely the murderer will be another black guy doing the murdering, not a cop.

Can you join us on earth. You think the rioters are Republicans ? They're either non-voters, D's, or soon-to-be- D's.

11,755 posts, read 7,111,606 times
Yeah, yeah, we should've deployed a nuclear weapon on Baltimore, yeah, that's the ticket.

Mick

Old 04-28-2015, 10:37 AM

30,351 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Saying a poorly worded statement, and then trying to correct it later is what we call backpedaling, so you are correct sir. She has backpedaled on her poorly worded statement.

Also, I am not "cutting anyone slack." I do not live in Baltimore, and if I did, I would be saying this mayor should start looking for a new job because this one isn't going to be panning out for her.
Based on the behaviors we are seeing from Baltimore residents, having a big idiot for a Mayor is what they want, I predict she gets reelected overwhelmingly.

Old 04-28-2015, 10:38 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Hey Mr, know it all....I sat there in front of the TV and screamed at it, b/c no one was doing anything....

then it was explained to me, that it has to come from the mayor, to ask for help....and in this case, it was her fault, it is the law....period....so no matter what you say, she was wrong....and should be fired....just like the mayor was wrong in not asking for help after Katrina.....

People like You are the problem...
I've heard that too, but I can't tell if it's true. I googled it, and can't find any evidence.

Are you believing the news (or whoever told you), or do you somehow know this to be true? I've said I will admit I am wrong, and the Gov's hands were tied, if someone (anyone) can show me.

The governor himself avoided the question and said it was his decision to "respect the mayor". Sooner or later, someone has to be responsible.

I'm honestly asking. Can anyone substantiate that this is "the law"? I think it's a fair question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies