Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2015, 09:41 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tal Dew View Post
The moment your mom embarrass you in front of all your idiotic friends ... We need more of it.
I loved the way our local radio station phrased it this morning:

Quote:
Despite the excellence of this clip, WTOP reminds everyone that violence isn’t the answer. Usually.

Old 04-28-2015, 09:41 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Look at it this way. If what the Mayor said wasn't spun to sound like she was giving permission to do those things, maybe those things wouldn't have happened. Media bears some responsibility.
Her words at the press conference...media is responsible now for the riots ?

"Because while we try to make sure that they were protected from the cars and other things that were going on, we also gave those who wished to destroy space to do that as well."

Old 04-28-2015, 09:43 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,395,954 times
Not about race? Tell that to the whites that were assaulted last night and those at Camden Yards on Saturday.

Old 04-28-2015, 09:43 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
By "you", I sure hope you aren't referring to me. I'm quite sick of the damn double standards! At any rate, it's one thing to protest. The First Amendment gives us the right of free speech and to PEACEFULLY assemble. Key word being "peacefully!" It's quite another to loot and riot! Once the mob mentality kicks in, and you start acting a fool and destroying the neighborhood, and harm innocent people, you lose any credibility with me! I don't give a s*** about what the cause is, nor their skin color!
The Founders knew it wouldn't always be peaceful which is why they wrote the 2nd Amendment and made the statements they did.

As far as harming innocent people goes, that is still illegal and will be dealt with. I hope in the correct way. In a court, not the back seat of a cop car.

Old 04-28-2015, 09:46 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Then I suggest you stop watching Fox news.

Turn off the damn TV and go to the internet where you can find plenty of objective news stories.

They are all Democrats save for one person..the Governor who is Republican.
The city is run by Black leadership and the police dept is majority Black. The Governor is White.

Blame the Black Democrats running the city or blame the White Republican running the state ?
This is sad.....trying to determine what party to blame it on when in the end the only difference is the rhetoric.

Old 04-28-2015, 09:46 AM

7,514 posts, read 5,756,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
That, and I suspect the city lawyers had a chat with her about culpability.
Watch the insurance companies go after the city 😄

Old 04-28-2015, 09:47 AM

2,014 posts, read 1,529,903 times
Of course it's not about race, it's just a coincidence that almost all the rioters are black. A cosmic roll of the dice I guess.

Amazing to me how many people want to live in a state of denial.

Old 04-28-2015, 09:48 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Not about race? Tell that to the whites that were assaulted last night and those at Camden Yards on Saturday.
I read several stories on that. And the cops there did absolutely nothing but watch.

One family in a car got surrounded by the protesters who tried to open the doors and drag them out.
They ended up backing up on a one way street to try to leave and eventually the protesters left them alone.

Old 04-28-2015, 09:49 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,308,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
I'm googling for some sources on this and not having any luck. can you help me out?

I saw that LIVE on Fox News at around 6 Eastern (just before).

I have already observed posters telling you this but here it goes again: the governor has to wait for the mayor to request sending in the national guard.
Maybe you can help me out here. I've always undestood that it is the Governor who is responsible to call the National Guard, and that he does not need the permission of any Mayor to do so (in his state, of course). I googled it and could not find any source that says a Governor needs Mayor's permission to protect his state. Can you show me a link to this official protocol?

Old 04-28-2015, 09:49 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Really? The "right wing media" (meaning Fox News, of course) "spun it?" I heard the Mayor say those words with my own ears. There was no spin involved. Sorry to disappoint you.
Oh I am sure you did hear her say that, which is why I said it was poorly worded. Though I am sure your right wing media is spinning it as they set aside an area for people to terrorize and riot in a neighborhood. It is what I expect to see come from right wingers. Right wingers seem to foam at the mouth for things like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies