Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2015, 09:06 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times

Advertisements

Here's the source..CBS Baltimore.

The video of the press conference is there to watch as well.

Baltimore Mayor: ‘Gave Those Who Wished to Destroy Space to Do That’ « CBS Baltimore
“I made it very clear that I work with the police and instructed them to do everything that they could to make sure that the protesters were able to exercise their right to free speech,” Rawlings-Blake said. “It’s a very delicate balancing act. Because while we try to make sure that they were protected from the cars and other things that were going on, we also gave those who wished to destroy space to do that as well. And we worked very hard to keep that balance and to put ourselves in the best position to de-escalate.”

Old 04-28-2015, 09:07 AM

28,911 posts, read 30,284,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
By "you", I sure hope you aren't referring to me. I'm quite sick of the damn double standards! At any rate, it's one thing to protest. The First Amendment gives us the right of free speech and to PEACEFULLY assemble. Key word being "peacefully!" It's quite another to loot and riot! Once the mob mentality kicks in, and you start acting a fool and destroying the neighborhood, and harm innocent people, you lose any credibility with me! I don't give a s*** about what the cause is, nor their skin color!
No, no no, your post sparked mine...I agree with you and you is being said in general about the thugs that continually cry police brutality.....
sorry if you took it any other way, we're all upset....but yeah, I am definately on your side.....

see where it says, Please feel free to post this around....?

Old 04-28-2015, 09:09 AM

They are rioting, looting, burning, destroying property, beating up innocent people because the cops are treating them like criminals.

Does anyone see the irony in this ?

The city leadership is Black and the police department is majority Black as well.

Old 04-28-2015, 09:12 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,231,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
I didn't see it on Fox. How was it edited? Please tell.

Anyway, was context ever important with Romney and the 47% remark? Apparently not.
It was edited to sound like she wanted to give them room to destroy her city, when in fact she thought it was an unfortunate side effect to allowing protests because you 'inadvertently allow those who want to destroy as well.'

As for the Romney 47% the leftist media tend to lie and spin to further their agenda. Although Fox news leans right, I thought they were better than that.

Old 04-28-2015, 09:14 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,308,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
I'm more than positive that the liberal media will harshly condemn any and all violence that is being committed by these protesters within their own communities.....
Not only did the "liberal media" condone ad-nausea the senseless violence, and did they continually comment about how counter-productive it was to the goal of peace, but they also gave the spokesperson for the family ample time to talk for a good ten minutes about how the protesters did not represent this movement, how they were disrespectful to the community, and that they are harming the cause. They said in no uncertain terms that the rioting is not acceptable.

Meanwhile, I switched to Fox News who kept propagating the question of "where are the people in the community condemning this action?" (they should have tuned into CNN, since they couldn't find them), then they ACTUALLY suggested that one of the rioters might steal a car and run it into police lines (great idea there), and then later in the night (almost midnight) the reporter on the street kept getting into the police lines, mugging for photo-opts and getting in their way (granted, they were not doing anything so it didn't hamper much.)

It was an epic fail on the part of the democratic mayor and the republican governor, who at 6PM still maintained that the situation "did not warrant a call for the National Guard" (Later changing his stance to blame it on the Mayor. The Mayor was flat-out incompetent, but that does not give the Gov a right to do nothing and later change his story)

What is most inspiring to me is to see how this community has come together and is cleaning up after the instigators have destroyed their neighborhood.

So many epic F-ups here. Why are people trying to politicize this? There are SO MANY systemic problems contributing to this, and then actions of a few bad people instigating mayem. Now is not the time to politicize.

Old 04-28-2015, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Not only did the "liberal media" condone ad-nausea the senseless violence, and did they continually comment about how counter-productive it was to the goal of peace, but they also gave the spokesperson for the family ample time to talk for a good ten minutes about how the protesters did not represent this movement, how they were disrespectful to the community, and that they are harming the cause. They said in no uncertain terms that the rioting is not acceptable.

Meanwhile, I switched to Fox News who kept propagating the question of "where are the people in the community condemning this action?" (they should have tuned into CNN, since they couldn't find them), then they ACTUALLY suggested that one of the rioters might steal a car and run it into police lines (great idea there), and then later in the night (almost midnight) the reporter on the street kept getting into the police lines, mugging for photo-opts and getting in their way (granted, they were not doing anything so it didn't hamper much.)

It was an epic fail on the part of the democratic mayor and the republican governor, who at 6PM still maintained that the situation "did not warrant a call for the National Guard" (Later changing his stance to blame it on the Mayor. The Mayor was flat-out incompetent, but that does not give the Gov a right to do nothing and later change his story)

What is most inspiring to me is to see how this community has come together and is cleaning up after the instigators have destroyed their neighborhood.

So many epic F-ups here. Why are people trying to politicize this? There are SO MANY systemic problems contributing to this, and then actions of a few bad people instigating mayem. Now is not the time to politicize.
Look, the Governor cannot send in the National Guard until the Mayor asks for help.

The chain of command...city, state, federal.

The Governor has told the press that he put the National Guard on standby on Saturday.
He also said that they were deployed 30 seconds after she finally called him for help.

This is 100% on the Mayor.

Total conjecture on my part but the Mayor didn't change her tune about these riots until after the President spoke to her directly.
Up until then she let the protesters run the city while the police stood down.

Old 04-28-2015, 09:18 AM

2,014 posts, read 1,529,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Mind reading is not required to catch her intended meaning, just an IQ in the normal range.
Amazing how often liberals words have to be interpreted. I suppose that's because their philosophy is based on continuous distortion and an absolute denial of personal responsibility.

Old 04-28-2015, 09:18 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,526,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Actually, the Republican Governor was ready to go much sooner, but the Democratic Mayor was slow to give the go-ahead, which is required in a municipality like the city of Baltimore.

Old 04-28-2015, 09:20 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,031,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
where is Obama on this?
Setting the table in the Rose Garden.

Martin O'Malley is cutting his trip short and coming back from Europe. He'll be joining the other Democrats making speeches to, you know, fix the problem.

Don't those Democrats running wild know it's campaign time?

Gee whiz, somebody get James Taylor to calm things down.

Old 04-28-2015, 09:20 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,029,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
They are rioting, looting, burning, destroying property, beating up innocent people because the cops are treating them like criminals.

Does anyone see the irony in this ?

The city leadership is Black and the police department is majority Black as well.
My thoughts exactly. I remember once here in our town, ten high school kids robbed a store with a bebe gun. They all got caught and sentenced to 10 years in prison. It included the grandson of the police chief who was the one who arrested his own grandson. You either are a community that believes in law and order or one that wants selective/no enforcement. I see Baltimore as the latter and it does have a direct impact on the riots we're seeing now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies