Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2015, 07:00 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,098,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Sea world put out a new video commercial fighting back against all of the relentless attacks by the media and animal rights groups:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2fa6inwzLlA
With propaganda films like black fish, liberal animal rights groups are trying to deprive today's children from experiencing these animals. Their show is forever ruined due to OSHA's death grip. Good to see Seaworld is finally fighting back.
Propaganda likes films where workers AT SEA WORLD simply said what was happening?

There are mountains of scientific evidence that show that whales in a tiny pool do not do well. They are large mammals that can't handle that type of solitude.

Nah, Sea World needs to go.

And what the hell do you mean 'deprive today's children from experiencing these animals.' The animals exist in the wild. Get on a boat and go look for them. And seeing them in sea world isn't the equivalent of seeing them. Whales in nature, believe it or not, don't do tricks. That experience isn't a genuine one.

Old 05-03-2015, 07:01 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
If you don't understand the difference between the modern dog which symbiotically evolved with humans over the course of 40,000 years through mutual choice and benefit and stealing a baby from a structured killer whale family, you have no business attempting to post your sad arguments on this thread.

BTW, throughout my life I have managed to learn to care about the welfare of animals and other human beings without ever having to see one in a zoo, Sea World, etc.
I've learned the fallacy of arming rebels in Syria also but...............

Old 05-03-2015, 07:03 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,397,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Just sayin' that if people are going to argue, can they at least be intellectually honest and use some facts?

Old 05-03-2015, 07:11 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,265,533 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Just sayin' that if people are going to argue, can they at least be intellectually honest and use some facts?
Why do that when a completely irrelevant strawman will suffice?

Old 05-03-2015, 07:13 AM

Quote:
I support the right for all to marry. I believe zoo's provide a valuable experience to society.
Sea world isn't really a zoo though. Not for their whales (Orca's are actually dolphins but, whatever). Most zoos do extensive research on the animals and let them live in as close their natural habitat as possible. Granted, I think wild life reserves that are open to the public are probably better in most regards, the majority of zoos theses days don't mistreat their animals. For example, cheetah's are actually doing better in zoos than they are in the wild, and zoos are trying to figure out why.

The orca's at sea world are, however, not comparable. They are measurably doing worse in captivity than they are in the wild. There's research that tells us exactly why. Sea world does't care. They just want your money. I can't comment on the research (if existent) of other species, but the problem with the whales is one that they are not on the moral side of. It's been shown that orca's need wide open space and to live among other orcas in order to remain healthy. Sea World, if it wanted to do the humane thing, would have to build an enormous tank to keep the whales in; they won't do this because it would be economic suicide.

Old 05-03-2015, 07:17 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,237,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Propaganda likes films where workers AT SEA WORLD simply said what was happening?

There are mountains of scientific evidence that show that whales in a tiny pool do not do well. They are large mammals that can't handle that type of solitude.

Nah, Sea World needs to go.

And what the hell do you mean 'deprive today's children from experiencing these animals.' The animals exist in the wild. Get on a boat and go look for them. And seeing them in sea world isn't the equivalent of seeing them. Whales in nature, believe it or not, don't do tricks. That experience isn't a genuine one.
It won't go. So you can get on a boat so you can feel better.

For me, I will load my daughter in my plane, lay a carbon trail to rival Obama, and go to Sea World of which we do twice a year. My daughter learns more about aquatic life at these parks over any TV show.

Old 05-03-2015, 07:19 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Sea world isn't really a zoo though. Not for their whales (Orca's are actually dolphins but, whatever). Most zoos do extensive research on the animals and let them live in as close their natural habitat as possible. Granted, I think wild life reserves that are open to the public are probably better in most regards, the majority of zoos theses days don't mistreat their animals. For example, cheetah's are actually doing better in zoos than they are in the wild, and zoos are trying to figure out why.

The orca's at sea world are, however, not comparable. They are measurably doing worse in captivity than they are in the wild. There's research that tells us exactly why. Sea world does't care. They just want your money. I can't comment on the research (if existent) of other species, but the problem with the whales is one that they are not on the moral side of. It's been shown that orca's need wide open space and to live among other orcas in order to remain healthy. Sea World, if it wanted to do the humane thing, would have to build an enormous tank to keep the whales in; they won't do this because it would be economic suicide.
I don't believe for a second Sea World doesn't care and you may be right that there is a difference but that isn't the tone of most of the arguments.

Old 05-03-2015, 07:30 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,600,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Silly post. Food is a necessity. Entertainment at the expense of animals is not.

And they wouldn't need CARE if we hadn't taken them out of their natural habitat.

I repeat. So much paper-thin justification for cruelty. Sad and disgusting.
Not true. You don't need to eat meat to live. It's just that people don't want to admit their hypocrisy. You think that animals only get sick in captivity? Give me a break.

Old 05-03-2015, 07:32 AM

Quote:
I don't believe for a second Sea World doesn't care and you may be right that there is a difference but that isn't the tone of most of the arguments.
I'm sure the people who have contact with the animals in some way do care quite a lot. It's not those people I'm worried about.

Old 05-03-2015, 07:33 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,600,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
You're right. I don't believe a fetus is a baby, and I don't believe a soul, or lack thereof, makes it fine to use creatures -- GOD'S creatures, since I'm sure you're a firm believer -- for our sick entertainment.

And many of the animals whose captivity you paid for with your membership think far better than many posters on this thread.
OMG, this is priceless. You think that people should leave you alone when you want to kill a baby but you want to tell people what to do with their fish?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies