Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 07:28 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
Why should something that is potentially harmful be a crime?

Lots of things are unhealthy, but should we jail people for using them or selling them? This is the fundamental assumption behind prohibition, that people are taking for granted.

Arguing over what the latest health reports are saying about marijuana is actually meaningless. Irrespective of whether marijuana is harmful or harmless, it shouldn't be a crime to use it.
This.

If being healthy is now the standard for whether or not something should be banned, we may as well ban cheeseburgers, french fries, alcohol, cigarettes, cars (go huff the exhaust and see how healthy it is), airplanes (increased radiation exposure), and a whole host of other things.

Perhaps we can hire a few million cops and build more private prisons to house all the fast food workers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2015, 08:56 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Only other potheads can stand potheads.
Only other wingnuts can stand wingnuts.

What's your point?

Old 06-04-2015, 09:27 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
I do not see the part in the US Constitution, where we authorize the Federal government to have a say one way or the other over drugs.

Old 06-04-2015, 10:03 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I do not see the part in the US Constitution, where we authorize the Federal government to have a say one way or the other over drugs.

I've said this many times on the numerous threads on here regarding cannabis, and the war on drugs, but yet the prohibitionists seem to remain silent on that little tidbit.

Old 06-04-2015, 12:06 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,771,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Ignoring the fact that this isn't even true, there are studies that show alcohol is dangerous, and it's legal. There are studies that show McDonalds is dangerous, and guess what you can buy legally at any age?

A lot of things are dangerous, but the people who can use those things responsibly shouldn't be punished because of the idiots who can't. That's how freedom works; it seems we've forgotten that.
I don't doubt that alcohol and fatty foods are dangerous but that doesn't take away from the fact that marijuana is also dangerous(if it is).

Old 06-04-2015, 12:50 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickerman View Post
I don't doubt that alcohol and fatty foods are dangerous but that doesn't take away from the fact that marijuana is also dangerous(if it is).
Are there negatives? Sure but they don't over ride the costs of enforcing the laws against it.

Old 06-04-2015, 08:28 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,884,494 times
Exclamation Dope Heads!

You guys who applaud Pot and any excuse to get stones should be ashamed of yourselves. Uncontrolled of any substance is dangerous and I survived the 70-80 and there are people who are still stone and offer nothing be a productive adult.
Most who abused pot are dumber than a box of rocks!
Unless you have Cancer or a physical problem that requires to deal with pain, other using additive morphine,.

Those who support narcotics should really rethink the whole sale of a controlled substance. There is a reason we call it a "Controlled Substance".

Old 06-04-2015, 08:37 PM

906 posts, read 712,245 times
I like smoking weed. It's fun. Nice and relaxing.

Old 06-04-2015, 08:38 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,951,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
More drivel my friend.. both are harmful
How is pot harmful? You make a lot of claims but provide absolutely nothing, no evidence no links to back it up. Unless your only goal is to spread propaganda, misinformation and fear-mongering then congrats mission accomplished. Certainly pot is not remotely comparable to the harm inflicted by alcohol abuse which kills tens of thousands every year. I have yet to hear of anyone dying from pot use.

Caution: graphic DUI accident scene photos:
https://www.google.com/search?q=dui+...ed=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

To the contrary, marijuana has proven time and again to be medically beneficial,
as 23 states that have legalized it for medical use can attest. Go find some real crime to fight and stop
wasting our time and taxpayer dollars.

Old 06-04-2015, 08:43 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,826,300 times
Go for it...it's good for you... Learn About Marijuana: Factsheets: Respiratory Effects of Marijuana
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies