Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2015, 07:21 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,072,821 times

Advertisements

I'm sure the less than 4% of the population is happy to see so much support for their cause.

Old 06-14-2015, 07:31 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,276,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
More....

New Politico Poll Shows National Support for Same-Sex Marriage Continues to Decline | CCV Action

Additionally, a majority of Americans (52%) oppose redefining marriage, and nearly 2/3 of voters polled say where a candidate stands on marriage is important in selecting their candidates.

As we have seen in Ohio, with the polling figures over the last month, support for same-sex marriage is declining as citizens become increasingly alarmed and disturbed by the bullying tactics carried out by many in the same-sex marriage movement.
The previous poll politico did said support was at 40 percent, and two years later it's at 48 percent. I might not be a math wizard but the latter seems to say that support isn't slipping. So you basically posted one poll that is an likely outlier and a local poll for Tennessee. Well big whoop...I seriously doubt that the support is Tennessee has ever been scorching hot.

Old 06-14-2015, 07:32 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,642,890 times
Quote:
It is not my personal opinion. I showed you the polls which show support is falling.
Actually the second story you listed is referring to the poll results in the first story. Sure sounds more like Chicken Little the sky is falling, than support for SSM falling.

Old 06-14-2015, 07:33 PM

Quote:
It is not my personal opinion. I showed you the polls which show support is falling.
Negative, you showed ONE poll. Another never stated support was falling and the second was a local poll of a Conservative state. You also can't really count a poll here or there when the majority say that support is growing. Just accept the fact Finn, you have lost this battle like your side has lost every other battle of the culture way in the last 50 years.

Old 06-14-2015, 07:36 PM

The reality is this is something the right is going to have to live with. One way or another SSM is going to win out. It likely will win with the Supreme Court, and if not through referendums that spawn up over the backlash of allowing the bans.

Old 06-14-2015, 07:43 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,626,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Gays do not want to settle for a civil union. They don't want to accept the word of God that Homosexuality is wrong,but they want to change what GOD says is the definition of marriage. This is dangerous territory for America if the majority supports gay marriage.
Well, what about straights who cheat on their spouses and end up destroying their marriages and families? Where is your concern for that, if any? After all, the Bible clearly said the penalty for adultery was death. Or do you believe that God finds indulging in homosexuality a much worse sin than straight adultery, because you find homosexual sex acts to be much more grossly offensive?

Old 06-14-2015, 07:50 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 19 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,533,663 times
Quote:
And I showed you polls that say support is growing, the very poll in the OP says that, and yet you ignored it as if it didnt exist. So it is indeed your opinion.

Old 06-14-2015, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Well, what about straights who cheat on their spouses and end up destroying their marriages and families? Where is your concern for that, if any? After all, the Bible clearly said the penalty for adultery was death. Or do you believe that God finds indulging in homosexuality a much worse sin than straight adultery, because you find homosexual sex acts to be much more grossly offensive?
There isn't because they really don't care. They use religion as a cover because SSM makes them feel uncomfortable is all.

Old 06-14-2015, 08:03 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,626,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
There isn't because they really don't care. They use religion as a cover because SSM makes them feel uncomfortable is all.
Surely many are the ones who get uncomfortable by getting turned on by good looking members of their own sex

Old 06-14-2015, 08:41 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,766,671 times
It's a fascinating thing to watch: The death of a religion!

This isn't a once-in-a-lifetime event. This is a once-in-a MILLENNIUM event. Christianity is well on its way to marginalization- and in another century (we may live that long!), it's gonna be extinct right along with the Greek and Roman Pantheons. What will take its place? I don't even want to know... it's gonna be **** like religion always is. But just the same...

Ain't many humans get to see a religion die. I'm happy to be alive to see that. That's right up there with colonies on Mars! Progress that will change the goddamn world!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies