Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2015, 02:28 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,300,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Just keep repeating the same fallacy and hope everyone will believe it. All the other races noticed the races looked different and were suspicious outsiders to them. Amerindians always called whites "pale", "white man" for example. You are trying to claim only white people judge on appearance and that's untrue. And you're trying to say whites only judge people on skin color and not a whole list of other things. Not true. Your views are anti-white, anti-European and racist.
What fallacy?

Noticing skin color differences is not the same thing as creating the idea of human races.

I'm not claiming anything of the sort.

But the idea of human races starts during the enlightenment. It was spread by Europeans this is historical fact.

All other groups had these racial identities forced upon them by Europeans this is also fact.

Slaves in America had no concept that their skin color branded them as a race and as slaves.

In fact look at the early behavior of ensiaved Africans and indentured white people to see that race as we understand it didn't exist and had to be created/invented.

Sadly the foundation for the creation of the idea of human races is white supremacy, racism, and anti black hatred.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2015, 02:30 PM

Quote:
That sounds like affirmative action. Your assertions are backed up by nothing and just thinly veiled racism against whites.
Lol, really that sounds like affirmative action. Lol. Ok that's one weird interpretation.

Old 07-07-2015, 02:31 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,378,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I think your post is well thought out and telling of your view. So far so good.
However, when you say individual wishes, I assume you mean person Y or Z, not calling everyone who is black a hyphenated-American, correct?
That is correct. Both my husband and I are acquainted with people who consider themselves African-American because they were born in Africa and emigrated to the U.S. Other people in our circle of friends and co-workers have a preference for being referred to as simply Black. I have no issue either way. I've been accustomed to being referenced by my hair color since I was very small, and it makes sense to me, since I am often the only redhead in the room unless I'm with family.

Old 07-07-2015, 02:32 PM

18,472 posts, read 15,259,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Nowhere did I state or even imply that a white person living today is responsible for slavery, but I take issue with someone who will not admit that there is some possibility of his ancestor's involvement in slavery.
Every person on this board has had an ancestor somewhere along the line that bashed in the skull of another person's ancestor over a bunch of bananas. It is meaningless. No reason to be ashamed of it. Those were different times.

Old 07-07-2015, 02:35 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,881,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
What fallacy?

Sadly the foundation for the creation of the idea of human races is white supremacy, racism, and anti black hatred.
False and racist statement. The concept of different groups is old as dirt. Scientist and evolutionists created the idea of races and subspecies. Some of them were Jewish scientist. Scientist also created many other concepts or theories, like evolution, gravity and relativity.

Old 07-07-2015, 02:40 PM

Quote:
False and racist statement. The concept of different groups is old as dirt. Scientist and evolutionists created the idea of races and subspecies. Some of them were Jewish scientist. Scientist also created many other concepts or theories, like evolution, gravity and relativity.
No the concept of different human groups based on culture, language, religion, customs is old as dirt.

The concept of different human races is not old as dirt.

I didn't say scientists or anthropologists didnt create the idea of human races.

The reality is though that the idea didn't take root until the Atlantic slave trade and its foundation rests upon white supremacy, racism, and anti black hatred.

Old 07-07-2015, 02:49 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,340,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac1 View Post
Why are we only focusing our PC on "black" people, why not "white" people? What is a "white" person? If we are going to call black people African American even though they have no African cultural, why not call white people English or Irish or German or Polish or whatever "new" or "old" immigrant country they cam from American?

As a matter of fact since all people originally came from African, why don't we call everyone African American, why just black people?

When do we draw the line of African American people in the U.S.? 400 years removed or 10,000 years removed?

What do you want to be called "white" people? I have never seen a white person before? I have seen some "black" people before, but never a "white" person.

I'm going to start calling all "white" people European Americans...... I think they should be reminded where they are from as well as Asian Americans, Mexican Americans, and African African Americans......... You never here Armenian American, Italian American, Russian American, German American......so European American is appropriate no?
Anyone who doesn't know about "Irish-Americans" is pretty ignorant. Google it - you'll get nearly 53 MILLION pages. "German-American" gets over 104 MILLION pages.

Ken

Old 07-07-2015, 03:02 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,881,487 times
Quote:
No the concept of different human groups based on culture, language, religion, customs is old as dirt.

The concept of different human races is not old as dirt.

I didn't say scientists or anthropologists didnt create the idea of human races.

The reality is though that the idea didn't take root until the Atlantic slave trade and its foundation rests upon white supremacy, racism, and anti black hatred.
Not true, many Europeans were indentured servants. Asians were classified as a distinct race and were not slaves in America, they only came as quest workers. The American Indians were considered another "race" and not made slaves, but some . Your anti-white theories are full of holes.

Old 07-07-2015, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Not true, many Europeans were indentured servants. Asians were classified as a distinct race and were not slaves in America, they only came as quest workers. The American Indians were considered another "race" and not made slaves, but some . Your anti-white theories are full of holes.
This post in no contradicts what I have written. It doesn't even address any point I have made. Carry on

Old 07-07-2015, 05:27 PM

755 posts, read 675,832 times
Quote:
Every discussion about what's wrong with the black race, discards our American heritage.

Problems are discussed as if they have no relation to American society what's so ever

As if black Americans are these isolated insular foreigners, with our own weird backwards culture which is completely divorced from mainstream American culture.

American social problems are normally discussed as evidence of collective black racial failings.

Americans used to call it the Negro problem, meaning these Negroes are so messed up they are causing us white Americans problems.

And the problems of Negroes was never understood to be a problem of American citizens, cause we weren't considered citizens by large swaths of the population for like 80% of this nation's history, so these social problems have always been seen as outside of America.

You are extremely enlightened. Good for you

Man, this thread wasn't intended to go this way, but your analyses explains a lot of behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies