Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 01:28 PM

156 posts, read 163,075 times

Advertisements

Because Hispanics and Blacks don't want to be part of society. They love their rotten culture full of drugs and pimps. Some know its rotten but the left defends it like they defend radial Islam.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2015, 01:42 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,881,487 times
America or the U.S. is formerly the British colonies that since their founding was entirely composed of people from British isles and, from this colonial time to the 1960s, was made up of Britsh, German, Dutch and other European descent immigrants along with black Africans. So Europeans and blacks are not hyphenated Americans. They are simply Americans that have been here from the beginning. Up to over half of the Europeans came as indentured servants, but most are the native born children of America. They are the ones that built this country. We all spoke English. We all assimilated.

Nowadays, the progressive left want to change the demographics, culture and ethnicity of America by overpopulating it with non-traditional Americans. For and to what purposes? That's as clear as daylight.

Last edited by mtl1; 07-06-2015 at 01:52 PM..

Old 07-06-2015, 01:44 PM

39,239 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chigger4u View Post
Because Hispanics and Blacks don't want to be part of society. They love their rotten culture full of drugs and pimps. Some know its rotten but the left defends it like they defend radial Islam.
hmm Actually, as a white/japanese/Hawaiian mixed girl, I would say that American culture is created by both white people and black people. It is what it is.

All the other cultures are subcultures.

Old 07-06-2015, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
As a mixed German/Irish/Hawaiian/Japanese, I honestly believe American culture is created by white people and black people. Other cultures are subcultures. Like it or not, it is what it is.

I believe in one dominating culture, and for others, when in Rome, do as the Romans do.

This is not to say that minorities should be treated as second class citizens, no. I think some elements in subcultures are superior, but it is irrelevant.

One dominating culture defines a country. cultural change can be very dangerous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I agree with all you have said. The melting pot is one thing but creating a salad bowl country is quite another. A dominating culture is what gives each country its unique identity.
Thanks glory, I completely agree with you too

Old 07-06-2015, 01:49 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,330,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac1 View Post
I think they should be reminded where they are from as well as Asian Americans, Mexican Americans, and African African Americans......... You never here Armenian American, Italian American, Russian American, German American......so European American is appropriate no?
On the east coast of the U.S. from Philadelphia to Boston, the terms Irish-American, Italian-American, and Polish American are used by the respective ethnic groups all the time. When I lived in the East Village of New York, there was virtually an Italian-American club on every corner (well it seemed like it). My visits to Philadelphia and Boston confirms the same with a proliferation of hyphenated ethnic clubs and organizations. So you are bit late with your proposal.

Of course it is also interesting that in spite of this obvious and long standing tradition amongst our Europe fellow citizens, the only folks who come up for criticism are African Americans... just can't figure out why that is.

Old 07-06-2015, 01:57 PM

755 posts, read 675,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Who is this "we" you speak of? I don't lump anyone into anything because I could honestly care less what the color of your skin is.
Our nieces are 1/2 black but I don't go around calling them my "1/2 Black Nieces" I use their proper names and introduce them as my Nieces. They are not African American, they were born in America to an American Mother and an American Father. They have no idea what Africa is like so why in the world would they identify themselves as being from Africa?

I have a friend who's father is Black but he is not African American, he is Burmese......

We met a woman yesterday who was raised in Toronto, she considers herself Canadian however, she was born in the Congo. Why would she refer to herself as African American? She doesn't, she is Canadian...

PS ~~ If you are Black why didn't you refer to youself as African American? Rather odd that you feel it is fine to label others but have yet to refer to yourself as such.
Quote:
Who is this "we" you speak of?
The majority, the dominant culture, the census, the politically correct crew, anyone working in a position of authority, college students, co workers, and other segment of the population that does not want to be called racist......is that descriptive enough for you?

I use the term we, not meaning you or me, just the collective consciousness of American society. Surprising I had to break that down for you, but you never know.

Also, didn't know that your interactions and your family's interactions negated the "we" of our society....how presumptuous of me; I should have taken a poll of everyone in the U.S., then I could have listed everyone individually who used the term, thus excluding you from just being like the crowd.

To your PS question. I am asking a question......in third person.....I didn't think I had to elaborate on that, but some people understand and some don't, my mistake.

For the record... I prefer BLACK

Lol at the "If you are black" statement.

Old 07-06-2015, 02:00 PM

755 posts, read 675,832 times
Quote:

AWWWW.....

<HUG> <Pat on the back> You matter in this world. It will be okay. People love you.

Old 07-06-2015, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac1 View Post
The majority, the dominant culture, the census, the politically correct crew, anyone working in a position of authority, college students, co workers, and other segment of the population that does not want to be called racist......is that descriptive enough for you?

I use the term we, not meaning you or me, just the collective consciousness of American society. Surprising I had to break that down for you, but you never know.

Also, didn't know that your interactions and your family's interactions negated the "we" of our society....how presumptuous of me; I should have taken a poll of everyone in the U.S., then I could have listed everyone individually who used the term, thus excluding you from just being like the crowd.

To your PS question. I am asking a question......in third person.....I didn't think I had to elaborate on that, but some people understand and some don't, my mistake.

For the record... I prefer BLACK

Lol at the "If you are black" statement.
I am sorry, but if you are black, you are in the dominant culture.

How do I know this? Well, simple.

Ask any Asian persons in Asian countries. Ask them, Who are Americans? They will tell you white and black. They are not going to say anything else.

Old 07-06-2015, 02:03 PM

25,775 posts, read 18,840,914 times
Quote:
I don't really think "drugs and pimps" are exclusive to Hispanics and Blacks. Most all the Hispanics I know living around here are good, hard-working people. On the other hand, I know of plenty of "whites" around here that are so screwed up on drugs, they are a threat to everyone. Perhaps they've just had skin grafts...

Old 07-06-2015, 02:03 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,629,813 times
Quote:
Is that you Donald Trump?

Do you know what white America calls their "drugs and pimps"?

CEO's and Mister Mayor!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies