Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2015, 06:27 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,016,074 times

Advertisements

I don't understand threads like this. I guess that Rush or someone says "The Liberal Media is Ignoring This Story!" and posters rush to start such a thread.

I have certainly seen many news stories on this murder. On my Kindle I keep reading stories on the "AP Updates". Last night (Thursday) on CBS news at 5:30 they had a segment on this story, including criticism (by various officials) of the idea of 'sanctuary' cities, and of San Francisco officials declining to comment.

However, if one were to only listen to Rush, or read 'blogs' by private individuals, perhaps one would conclude that this murder is being 'ignored' by the Liberal Media. That, however, does not make it true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2015, 06:37 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,440,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
16,000 homicides in this country per year. What makes hers unique, other than the random nature?
A few years ago there was a German tourist who was randomly murdered in San Francisco by a gunshot which came from a nightclub while she was walking down the sidewalk. Where was the national outcry then?
The outcry --- obviously -- has to do with the fact that the authorities failed to keep her murderer locked up until they deported him.

It was thanks only to San Francisco's sanctuary policy -- and the federal government allowing that lawless policy -- that he had an opportunity to kill her in the first place.

Old 07-10-2015, 06:38 AM

12,043 posts, read 6,576,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
No one wants to touch the Immigration Circus, for fear of losing votes from these Criminals that come here. It doesn't fit their "Amnesty" agenda, and they can see its becoming an open wound in Americans sides. The lies no longer are working, and Americans are starting to realize exactly how much its costing our economy to keep these Criminals here, not even considering how much they are costing Legal Americans in Jobs. This issue will get a lot worse before it gets better.
THIS^^^
Also liberals keep twisting the truth about illegal crime statistics and deportation levels so the public thinks it's improving when it's getting worse.

Old 07-10-2015, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
the same reason why conservative white males wont admit roof is a white supremacist racist.
Name one conservative white male who hasn't admitted that.

Make things up much?

Old 07-10-2015, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I don't understand threads like this. I guess that Rush or someone says "The Liberal Media is Ignoring This Story!" and posters rush to start such a thread.

I have certainly seen many news stories on this murder. On my Kindle I keep reading stories on the "AP Updates". Last night (Thursday) on CBS news at 5:30 they had a segment on this story, including criticism (by various officials) of the idea of 'sanctuary' cities, and of San Francisco officials declining to comment.

However, if one were to only listen to Rush, or read 'blogs' by private individuals, perhaps one would conclude that this murder is being 'ignored' by the Liberal Media. That, however, does not make it true.
It's certainly being ignored by the Obama White House.

Old 07-10-2015, 06:50 AM

5,940 posts, read 3,574,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
THIS^^^
Also liberals keep twisting the truth about illegal crime statistics and deportation levels so the public thinks it's improving when it's getting worse.

Of course they do. Even in our small community, there are horror stories after horror stories of events caused by illegals that we end up paying for, and if its that common in a small city, what's it like in a large one, where you don't hear about everything.

Illegals cost me over 4,000.00 dollars a couple of years ago, by wrecking my truck while parked and running from the scene. They where seen by witnesses but never caught. This issue needs all the attention it can get, and these "Sanctuary Cities" need to be isolated and given no Federal Aid for anything. In fact, any State LE Agency that does not have an active Illegal Immigration Policy on Law Enforcement, should be denied any Federal Money or Assistance.

Old 07-10-2015, 08:12 AM

4,204 posts, read 2,343,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post

You guys must be trolling, if Kate Steinle was a black, illegal immigrant, and homeless, and commiting a crime and was shot by a white police officer. It would be 24/7 news, with riots..Obama at her funeral. Everyone mad at white cop. That's how messes up the media is. The white house hardly acknowledged the story. They care too much about the Latino vote than the issues in America.

Can you imagine if she was a black criminal and was shot by a white cop? She would be a hero in the White House.

Old 07-10-2015, 08:45 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,450,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
With the thug (murderer) admitting he was actually trying to shoot Walruses, where is PETA's anger? Aren't they based in California? So it'd be a quick walk vs the usual bus ride to go protest.
Very true indeed!

Old 07-10-2015, 08:49 AM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,981,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
They clearly were "aiding and abetting" the murder of Kathryn Steinle. Their "sanctuary city" agenda allowed a known illegal alien and felon to walk the streets and murder Kathryn Steinle.
---------------------------------------
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement said Sanchez was turned over to San Francisco authorities in March, and that the agency had asked for him to remain in custody until immigration authorities could pick him up. That request was not honored, ICE told The Associated Press. Sanchez's criminal history includes seven prior felony convictions, four of which involve narcotics charges, ICE said in a statement.

San Francisco is a "sanctuary city," one of a host of places across the U.S. that gives some protection to illegal immigrants by barring local officials from asking people about their immigration status. Steinle's death has sparked debate over whether sanctuary cities need to re-examine their policies.

Donald Trump: Kathryn Steinle Death on Pier 14 Shows Need for Border Wall - NBC News
Will you make a poll of this, please?

Old 07-10-2015, 09:14 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,753,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
And it's interesting that no one of your mindset really attempted to explain the almost universal falling crime in the US, including murder, coinciding with high levels of illegal immigration. Care to take a shot at it?
That's easy. They are not connected. Lots of things coincide with one another but that doesn't mean there is causality. Increased smartphone use coincides with falling crime too as does increased man made CO2. So what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies