Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2015, 04:47 PM

28,675 posts, read 18,795,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
All of those women are biracial that you just listed... I mean duh. They aren't completely black. They all have a white parent.

But there are many blk women that are as light as lisa bonet or Vanessa Williams with 2 black parents. It's ridiculous that the only way a person is authentically black to you is if they resemble someone that is darker with pronounced african features.
I think I mentioned earlier that I suspect most Millennials--raised after the major spike in interracial marriages beginning in the 70s--may not realize that most light-skinned blacks are not bi-racial, but actually have two black parents. There is a way to distinguish them most of the time, but most Millennials may not even realize it.

Old 07-15-2015, 04:48 PM

297 posts, read 294,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
By compensation I meant he felt the need to prove his blackness more by acting tougher and constantly having to fight guys who thought because he was pretty he was a chump. He also dated women that were darker, that looked opposite of his mother(Puerto Rican) and himself and the way he explained it felt to me like he felt the need to assert his blackness by dating women that looked blacker than him. He dated very few light chicks.

And sorry I'm black sweetie. My mom is black and my dad is blk. I am not mixed. And I will not refer to myself as anything but.
Ok, if you say so... now let's return to the thread topic?

Old 07-15-2015, 04:49 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,761,376 times
For a second, I thought the subject line said Biracial children with black FEATHERS...

Old 07-15-2015, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
So should Jaden Smith, Bow Wow, and August Alsina tell people they're not Black?

Jaden Smith has loose curly hair, Bow wow has green eyes, AA is lightskin with curly hair. Actually all three of them are light, are they "mixed"? LoL.

I also noticed you've yet to respond to any rebuttals, instead you deflected and ranted.
You answered your own question... I don't know of any West Africans with light skin and loose curly hair, do you?

I do know that in America, mixed raced individuals are more often than not told to classify themselves as Black.

Old 07-15-2015, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
That's why colorism manifests in black women as an issue between women rather than as a mating preference.
Why would it be wrong for a black woman who is dark in color to prefer a black man who is also dark in color?

Is it colorism when a white woman prefers to date a white man?

Old 07-15-2015, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyDay2016 View Post
Why would it be wrong for a black woman who is dark in color to prefer a black man who is also dark in color?

Is it colorism when a white woman prefers to date a white man?
You didn't actually read what I wrote.

Old 07-15-2015, 05:18 PM

Quote:
You answered your own question... I don't know of any West Africans with light skin and loose curly hair, do you?

I do know that in America, mixed raced individuals are more often than not told to classify themselves as Black.
Are you in America? If you were, you would understand why that's been the case and wouldn't say silly things. It's changing now, however, and many bi-racial children do not call themselves black. But that does not include light-skinned people with parents who have always been black.

This light-skinned woman has always been black...and proud of it (notice her FBI wanted poster--at one time she was one of the Ten Most Wanted people in the nation). If you don't know who she is, you don't have enough information to form a worthwhile opinion about that subject. She's the "blackest" person in any room she's in.

Old 07-15-2015, 05:29 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,349,710 times
Quote:
Are you in America? If you were, you would understand why that's been the case and wouldn't say silly things. It's changing now, however, and many bi-racial children do not call themselves black. But that does not include light-skinned people with parents who have always been black.

This light-skinned woman has always been black...and proud of it (notice her FBI wanted poster--at one time she was one of the Ten Most Wanted people in the nation). If you don't know who she is, you don't have enough information to form a worthwhile opinion about that subject. She's the "blackest" person in any room she's in.
It's a bit offensive that people sill think that way, even after I mentioned the story about my encounter with the police. (which she hasn't responded to, go figure)

Great post, Ralph.

Old 07-15-2015, 05:31 PM

Quote:
You didn't actually read what I wrote.

Can you answer this question: Why is it wrong for a black woman who is dark in color to prefer a black man who is also dark in color?

Old 07-15-2015, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Can you answer this question: Why is it wrong for a black woman who is dark in color to prefer a black man who is also dark in color?
Who said it was wrong? I never said it, therefore I don't have to defend it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies