Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 04:00 PM

46,973 posts, read 26,018,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsami View Post
Not Even Poland is now Nato Member but a whole lot of smaller countries to the east of poland are Nato Members.
Ehm - to the east, Poland borders on 2 countries: Russia and Ukraine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2015, 04:02 PM

46,973 posts, read 26,018,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
What I would ask is why you accept so called neutrality? Sweden is not a signatory of the NATO alliance. Other than that, well before Russia became the pariah, Sweden has been in very cozy with NATO.

http://www.nato.int/cps/en/natolive/news_104086.htm
A small country bordering the Baltic would be effin' stupid to not cozy up to NATO. Simple as that.

Old 07-22-2015, 05:12 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsami View Post
As Negotiations Over East Germany reunification with West Germany was going on.

The United State Promised the Soviet Union that Nato will not be expanded
to the east of Germany.

But we have ignore that promise. Not Even Poland is now Nato Member but a whole lot of smaller countries to the east of poland are Nato Members.

But We never find our Media talking about this.
Exactly. It's a double cross on our part.

But for some reason, everyone ignores that fact.

Old 07-22-2015, 05:27 PM

28,681 posts, read 18,806,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Exactly. It's a double cross on our part.

But for some reason, everyone ignores that fact.
Is this supposed to be a surprise? Didn't 46 congressmen advise the Iranians that the US can't be trusted to stick to an agreement?

Old 07-22-2015, 05:43 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Ehm - to the east, Poland borders on 2 countries: Russia and Ukraine.
Actually, to the east, Poland borders Belarus, Ukraine, and Lithuania. Poland borders the Russian exclave of Kalliningrad to its north.

Old 07-22-2015, 08:53 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,914,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
A small country bordering the Baltic would be effin' stupid to not cozy up to NATO. Simple as that.
No joke there. Russia is NOT to be trusted. Period.

I'm just sorry the US didn't put Stalin in his place in 1945.

Old 07-22-2015, 08:54 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,395,454 times
Default So what?

"Threatens" means nothing.

Old 07-23-2015, 08:45 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,377,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Going after the Crimea is 1 thing because it WAS "Russian" till about 60 years ago. Trying to go after Sweden WOULD be a huge mistake and it might wind up hurting Russia because way too many toes would be stepped on. Like I've said in the past: except for nukes; Russia is nothing in 2015.

I agree except that it appears to me NATO is in Sweden going after Russia. Sweden acting as if it were neutral is double talk. It may not have a monthly pass on the NATO express but it does buy tickets.

And Russia is nothing except for nukes? Russia could annihilate much of Western Europe even conventionally by any recent standard we know. We cannot even subdue Iraq and now Russia is another "easy conventional war" . Conventionally Russia would be an utter nightmare to invade, as usual. Russia would of course would suffer worse which is generally what war is. They are not Afghanistan.

Old 07-23-2015, 09:00 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,377,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
No joke there. Russia is NOT to be trusted. Period.

I'm just sorry the US didn't put Stalin in his place in 1945.
Who appears to be trusting Russia? If we didn't trust Russia that would be progress from presumed guilty. I caught on to what was going on in 2008 when the US press went into propaganda overdrive somehow overlooking the general offensive of Georgia that started that war. And the US , an authoriy on resolving ethnic tensions, can guarantee the safety of everyone there given the history of the Caucuses?

I don't trust my government or the press. They lie. I also don't need my lying government to tell me the Russian government lies. I can only say my government here in the US is a much better and deceitful liar, especially given we are are the marketing capital of the world and Hollywood theme park of BS. Germans and Russians are terrible liars . So:

*American people don't want war
* Russian people don't want war
* the Russian elite cannot win this war.

So who wants this war? Cicero would say "Cui Bono?"

Old 07-23-2015, 09:15 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,550,525 times
It's hilarious that Leftists support sabre- rattling against a nuclear power, just because their current messiah wills it and contrary to their usual anti-war beliefs. This is total detachment from reality.

Not to mention Millenials can't afford to finance a new cold war. Most can't even finance their own support.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies