Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 10:42 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,167,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
I wouldn't call North Chicago or Waukegan fine. Not compared to where I live. Parts of it are fine. My old high school buddy teaches in a rough section of Waukegan. Not so fine...

No the naval station doesn't bother me. The crime outside it does

Again, I would like to see exactly what areas of those red states see that gun violence

Most likely it's in blue voting sections.... Like this: Cross over the city limits of Chicago into Indiana (a red state), and you will find the lovely city of Gary.... Another blue bastion.

Pick any state. Most of the high crime areas, the voting block tends to be blue. You don't deny this do you?
Well North Chicago seemed fine to me while I was there visiting. Very suburbia like, nothing really to write home about.

You do realize in Red States, it is the Republicans making the rules that the Blue Cities have to live by. So what is Red States doing wrong and why aren't they trying to correct this problem?

Old 08-03-2015, 11:51 AM

29,509 posts, read 19,608,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
You do realize in Red States, it is the Republicans making the rules that the Blue Cities have to live by. So what is Red States doing wrong and why aren't they trying to correct this problem?
What kind of rules have the Democrats in Blue California implemented to make Oakland such a dump? What kind of rules has Blue Michigan implemented to make Detroit a hell hole?

Do you see how asinine this thread is?

Old 08-03-2015, 12:20 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,366,346 times
Quote:
Well North Chicago seemed fine to me while I was there visiting. Very suburbia like, nothing really to write home about.

You clearly don't realize that cities create their own laws, rules, regulations, zonings and so on that cause or at least contribute to their problems. What is it you expect the state legislatures to do? Declare martial law, remove city mayors and councils and police chiefs etc from authority and put someone else in charge? Your blue city citizens elected them, they get the government they deserve.

Old 08-03-2015, 01:29 PM

Quote:
What kind of rules have the Democrats in Blue California implemented to make Oakland such a dump? What kind of rules has Blue Michigan implemented to make Detroit a hell hole?

Good to see you understand why this thread is asinine.

Old 08-03-2015, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
You clearly don't realize that cities create their own laws, rules, regulations, zonings and so on that cause or at least contribute to their problems. What is it you expect the state legislatures to do? Declare martial law, remove city mayors and councils and police chiefs etc from authority and put someone else in charge? Your blue city citizens elected them, they get the government they deserve.
Cities are still under state government.

Old 08-03-2015, 03:22 PM

78,352 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Quote:
Cities are still under state government.
Most sure, but not some of the larger cities.

They have too much clout, too many votes and the political demographics means they run the place like an oligarchy.

Chicago would be pretty much a classic example.

Old 08-03-2015, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Most sure, but not some of the larger cities.

They have too much clout, too many votes and the political demographics means they run the place like an oligarchy.

Chicago would be pretty much a classic example.
There aren't many cities in the US that are the size or larger than Chicago.

Old 08-03-2015, 06:05 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,656,690 times
Quote:

Nonsense-

Detroit has been ruled by democrats for the last 55 years. If the policies and practices of a given political party do not make any difference in the well being of cities and its citizens, why have any government at all?

Each party is trying to "sell itself" as the group of politicans that will create a better life for its citizens. When a party consistently produces lower wages, lower education standards, higher crime, fewer services, and more debt, how could anyone support such a group (unless they ignored reality and had a political death wish)? Democrats and liberals have a proven track record of impoverishing whole cities:

Detroit, Compton, Watts, East LA, South Chicago, Gary, Hammond, Benton Harbor, Harlem, Newark, and East St. Louis.

If liberalism was a football team, the coach would have been fired and the whole team would have been sold and moved to another city! No football team (college or pro) has such a losing track record as liberalism and makes the Jacksonville Jaguars look like perennial Super Bowl champs.

If liberals tend to deliver misery, poverty, and lower standards of living for citizens, why in the world would any rational being support such a political philosophy?

5 Ways Liberalism Destroyed Detroit - John Hawkins - Page full

Old 08-03-2015, 06:41 PM

52,685 posts, read 47,940,162 times
Wyoming?? Montana??? Seriously???!!

I had no idea that illegals with guns actually wandered around in those places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies