Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 01:43 PM

2,485 posts, read 2,219,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
And your kind of response is exactly why we can't have a real discussion for once. I said several times that this isn't about the budget. I am more than happy to help people where I can.

You're just giving a canned response because perhaps you're incapable of actually thought on this issue?

Again, this has nothing to do with the federal budget. I don't care how much money is given out in these programs.

What I have observed is many people have become so comfortable living and budgeting with food stamps that they don't care much to better themselves. And they pass these traits onto their kids.

I used to work for habitat for humanity and I saw this over and over with the multi-generational welfare class. Every social worker I've ever talked to have made the exact same observation.

I am not demonizing the poor. I am demonizing the system that are keeping the poor poor.
Been the poor poor. And you just realize this? These are the people who have no choice but rely on the system, missed the opportunity to better themselves, have gotten into a habit of being permanently poor and complacent in welfare. What do they do? They vote for the Democrats because it's in there economic interest. It is a self perpetuating system where poverty becomes the permanently sustaining phenomena, feeding itself
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies