Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 07:51 PM

358 posts, read 283,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
How is a topless woman in public immoral?
It's embarrassing seriously.. I even hate seeing Hispanic women at the mall showing half of their boobs yet they wonder why guys starring at them and they feel uncomfortable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2015, 07:55 PM

1,615 posts, read 1,642,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
At what point in time and where was it decided that men can be shirtless but women can't? And trust me, there are many men in this country that are in more serious need of upper chest support than some women. Both men and women have nipples, why is it that since women have more rounded breasts they ought to be covered up, and it's considered "nudity" if they aren't?
Because women allowed their breasts to be made sex objects men never did.

Old 08-31-2015, 08:20 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,140,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonerandsad View Post
It's embarrassing seriously.. I even hate seeing Hispanic women at the mall showing half of their boobs yet they wonder why guys starring at them and they feel uncomfortable.
Again. Why are women's breasts in public immoral? Uncomfortable embarrassment does not immoral make. Is a breastfeeding mother in public also immoral?

Only Hispanic women?

Old 08-31-2015, 08:20 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,984,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv my dayton View Post
Because women allowed their breasts to be made sex objects men never did.
Women ALLOWED it? How? I think it's something special to the United States in many ways, gore and death is looked upon as more natural than nudity is. Things weren't always as they are today. Of course they're improving, women used to not even be able to wear pants in this country, let alone the swimsuits and bikinis of today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonerandsad View Post
And it's only HISPANIC women at the mall doing this? Seems like a rather racist thing to say.

I do side with you on the second half of your statement. Girls who dress to impress, showing as much cleavage as possible and then dislike the increased attention they receive, but I don't think many girls feel that way, I believe a good majority actually enjoy it.

Old 08-31-2015, 08:24 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,215,763 times
Quote:
Our issues with nudity are completely a construct of our society. Morality has nothing to do with it. And public nudity happens all the time in gym locker rooms all over the country. No issues with respect or shame involved.
First, every sane and rational person should understand that there are differences between men and women. This isn't some "American thing", or even a "Christian thing". Every society has different rules for women than for men when it comes to covering themselves up. And in every culture, the women cover more than the men. And in the vast majority of cultures, even many primitive cultures, the women covered their boobs in some way while in public.

This practice goes back literally thousands of years, to the very beginning of civilization(or even before). Do you think the Roman women ran around naked? Ancient China? Ancient Mesopotamia? Or even the ancient Egyptians? This wasn't pulled out of some random politicians rear-end. And there is a perfectly rational reason for it.

What is that reason? Because women have boobs, men don't. Or more specifically, that as someone else mentioned, breasts are a secondary sex characteristic. It is something women have, that men don't have. In the same way that women have a vagina and men have a penis.

The purpose for covering up a vagina(beyond just hygiene), is because it has a tendency to inflame the passions of men. This is the same reason the Amish women cover their hair. It is why Muslim women cover themselves nearly from head to toe(along with many other cultures). If your hair and face can turn men on so much that many cultures want women to cover them; What do you think women showing their breasts does to men?

Human females are the only females in the entire animal kingdom who truly have breasts. All other animals only have breasts when nursing young. Human females grow breasts just for show. Why? Because it sexually attracts men.

And then the typical response from a woman "Well men just need to learn to control themselves". If it was that simple, don't you think it would have happened already? Do you really think a man wants someone to covet, assault, and/or rape his daughter/wife/mother/sister?

These feminists love to rant about how testosterone gives men a natural predisposition to aggression and impulsiveness. But then they say "Herr derr, I can control my sexual impulses, why can't you?"

Regardless, I would actually agree with the feminazis if they were arguing that men should keep their shirt on in public. Even when I was young, I never took my shirt off in public except when I went swimming. And honestly, if it wasn't so annoying to swim with a shirt on, I never would have took it off(and I was in great shape).

But that isn't what the feminazis want. They just want to be able to take their shirt off in public. They don't really care that men can do it or not. Their goal isn't actually equality. Their goal is to tear down tradition. To tear down morality. To tear down religion. To tear down the entire system(which they declare is patriarchy). They are just a bunch of rebellious children with daddy/authority issues. Who don't want to be told what to do, regardless of whether it is a good idea or not.

Old 08-31-2015, 08:29 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,826,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
At what point in time and where was it decided that men can be shirtless but women can't? And trust me, there are many men in this country that are in more serious need of upper chest support than some women. Both men and women have nipples, why is it that since women have more rounded breasts they ought to be covered up, and it's considered "nudity" if they aren't?
Because if we saw boobs all the time, it woudn't be totally awesome when we happened to see them unexpectedly.

Old 08-31-2015, 08:35 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,215,763 times
Herr derr, I'm an ancient Egyptian woman. Why does this man get to walk around with no shirt on?

Misogyny!!! Help!!!

Old 08-31-2015, 08:40 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,984,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
First, every sane and rational person should understand that there are differences between men and women. This isn't some "American thing", or even a "Christian thing". Every society has different rules for women than for men when it comes to covering themselves up. And in every culture, the women cover more than the men. And in the vast majority of cultures, even many primitive cultures, the women covered their boobs in some way while in public.

This practice goes back literally thousands of years, to the very beginning of civilization(or even before). Do you think the Roman women ran around naked? Ancient China? Ancient Mesopotamia? Or even the ancient Egyptians? This wasn't pulled out of some random politicians rear-end. And there is a perfectly rational reason for it.

What is that reason? Because women have boobs, men don't. Or more specifically, that as someone else mentioned, breasts are a secondary sex characteristic. It is something women have, that men don't have. In the same way that women have a vagina and men have a penis.

The purpose for covering up a vagina(beyond just hygiene), is because it has a tendency to inflame the passions of men. This is the same reason the Amish women cover their hair. It is why Muslim women cover themselves nearly from head to toe(along with many other cultures). If your hair and face can turn men on so much that many cultures want women to cover them; What do you think women showing their breasts does to men?

Human females are the only females in the entire animal kingdom who truly have breasts. All other animals only have breasts when nursing young. Human females grow breasts just for show. Why? Because it sexually attracts men.

And then the typical response from a woman "Well men just need to learn to control themselves". If it was that simple, don't you think it would have happened already? Do you really think a man wants someone to covet, assault, and/or rape his daughter/wife/mother/sister?

These feminists love to rant about how testosterone gives men a natural predisposition to aggression and impulsiveness. But then they say "Herr derr, I can control my sexual impulses, why can't you?"

Regardless, I would actually agree with the feminazis if they were arguing that men should keep their shirt on in public. Even when I was young, I never took my shirt off in public except when I went swimming. And honestly, if it wasn't so annoying to swim with a shirt on, I never would have took it off(and I was in great shape).

But that isn't what the feminazis want. They just want to be able to take their shirt off in public. They don't really care that men can do it or not. Their goal isn't actually equality. Their goal is to tear down tradition. To tear down morality. To tear down religion. To tear down the entire system(which they declare is patriarchy). They are just a bunch of rebellious children with daddy/authority issues. Who don't want to be told what to do, regardless of whether it is a good idea or not.
Men also cover up, from ancient times up to today. It's not socially acceptable for men to be shirtless ALL the time, but in certain instances it is, i.e. the beach, jogging, exercising, etc. I understand that they are objects of a sexual nature, but even if a woman has her breasts covered up it's STILL less acceptable for a woman to go for a jog around the neighborhood in just a sports bra, to mow the yard in a sports bra, etc. Even most of her BODY must be covered, and that isn't a secondary or third sex characteristic.

Of course at the beach many of these rules and natural practices don't really apply, but that goes for both genders.

Old 08-31-2015, 08:51 PM

33,559 posts, read 37,160,046 times
Women can legally go topless in three provinces in Canada including my province of BC, but I have yet to see one....

Old 08-31-2015, 08:53 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,535,610 times
Quote:
Because nothing would ever get done. I'd never be able to drive anywhere.
That's why they invented tilt steering and a telescopic steering column
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies