Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2015, 09:34 AM

19,724 posts, read 10,138,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You would rather have the kid raped then killed..., huh...figures....
Some people would, I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2015, 10:08 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Some people would, I guess.

Of course, just look at the stupid thread title, it would suggest that a young kid was somehow killed because the parents left a gun in the house when the parents were gone....but nooooooooooooooooooooo
the child saved a life because he knew how to use a gun....so that would suggest to me that the OP would have rather had the young kids killed and raped rather than what happened....or such a stupid thread would have never been posted....

Old 09-07-2015, 10:32 AM

3,304 posts, read 2,174,303 times
Head shot achievement unlocked.

Old 09-07-2015, 12:11 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,722,601 times
Based on what I've read there seems more to this story.

I believe everyone's sarcasm meter is broken except for mine regarding the OP's sardonic thread title.

Old 09-07-2015, 12:57 PM

45,435 posts, read 60,638,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Based on what I've read there seems more to this story.

I believe everyone's sarcasm meter is broken except for mine regarding the OP's sardonic thread title.

It's not sardonic, ironic or anything else except what it is.

Old 09-07-2015, 01:05 PM

19,724 posts, read 10,138,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Yep, some people are so anti-gun, they think it is better than saving lives.

Old 09-07-2015, 09:52 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,722,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Wrong. It's exactly like that. That is the OP's posting style.

Old 09-07-2015, 10:08 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,311,254 times
This "Liberal" believes this "kid" saved society a LOT of hardship killing this thug, you attempt to break into someone's house expect to leave in a body-bag.

When I was 11 it was NOT unusual to be left "alone".

When I was 11 there were guns in the house, how many times I even TOUCHED them without an adult present ... ZERO.

The parent was a "gun nut" because she had a gun in the house and the kid knew how to handle it if the situation required its use.

You guys do know if you ban guns the criminals will still have guns right...

Old 09-07-2015, 10:26 PM

32,080 posts, read 15,081,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer0101 View Post
All of your posts are irrelevant. The classic example of liberalism being a mental disorder. Both nuts and condescending, what a combination.
lol then don't post to me. And I am not a liberal

Old 09-07-2015, 11:30 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,903,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I read where he shot him on his porch, there is more than meets the eye we will see when all the facts come out. One thing for sure an 11 year old should not have access to a gun with his parents out of the house for self defense. Way too many irresponsible gun owners.
Not commenting on this case specifically because it seems like there are a lot of conflicting stories about what actually happened, but on the general concept of an eleven year old having access to a gun, what's the problem with it? Every situation is different. I know a lot of adults I wouldn't trust with a firearm, and there are kids I wouldn't trust with a firearm either. Probably most. But there are some who can be trusted at that age. It's a judgment call that has to be made by the parents, according to their specific situation.

If it happens that this kid really was stopping an intruder, are you saying that it would have been preferable for this kid and his sister to be beaten/raped/murdered?
Quote:
I will await all the facts in the self defense theory but either way
this is beyond belief.
Ah, well, I guess that answers that question. You'd rather the headline be "Two Children Murdered In St. Louis Home Invasion"
Quote:
Teenagers, pre-teens are careless, everyone is different and there might be an 11 year old who's capable but I just see this as being irresponsible particularly with a 4 year old at home. I can just picture the gun on a table while the child get's distracted playing a video game.
You're assuming facts not in evidence. How do you know this gun was left loaded and unlocked? Perhaps it was locked up and the 11 yo was told where the key was?
Quote:
I would like to know the details but no matter where this goes it is insane to leave an 11 year old with a gun to babysit a 4 year old.

It appears to be a fairly suburban area with neighbors and have to wonder if he called the police.
Well frankly Goodnight, that's because the whole concept of self reliance and independence baffles you. It scares the hell outa you. You can't imagine living in a world where people aren't dependent on government in some way or other to meet all their needs; Where there's no safety net. It's a common trait amongst Leftist Democrats, which seems to be the ideology in which you subscribe....

I can't say that I'm in total disagreement with you, because I have to admit when I first read this story, it was brow raising, because I'd say that most kids today don't have the mental maturity to have access to firearms, due to the fact that kids don't have to, aren't expected, and therefore aren't raised to be responsible young adults like they used to be. But again, every situation is different. We don't k how mature this kid was, if he'd been trained, why they were home alone, etc, so I'll reserve judgment, but if this kid really was defending his home and sibling, I don't see the problem that you obviously do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies