Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2015, 11:44 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,863,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
No they arent. Hillary is shedding female support in large batches.

Many women will not back a woman that allows a man to treat them the way Bill has her.

Hillary had larger female support in 2008, before stupid leaked out of her mouth every time she opened it.

I'm astounded that ANY female would support a woman who was so openly defiled time and time again the way Bubba defiled Hillary. Why would you support a woman who ALLOWS herself to be walked on like a cheap hotel rug? I don't feel sorry for her, because she stood by her man, much like I don't feel sorry for a female that stands by her man after their man beats them for years.

Hillary made her bed, and now she's going to lie in it.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 09-17-2015 at 07:50 AM.. Reason: copyright violation

Old 09-16-2015, 11:45 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Watch Carly Fiorina's lurid rant about abortion and Planned Parenthood at the CNN GOP debate.

"It was quite a performance, and it opens the question of what Fiorina was inhaling before she watched those videos. There is nothing in the videos made by CMP, either in the edited or full-length versions, that has anything approaching images of legs kicking or hearts beating.
That was what I was thinking too. I thought the video was just Planned Parenthood heads talking about selling body parts at a restaurant over a lunch or dinner. Though we never ever heard of rhetoric getting in the way of the truth correct?

Old 09-17-2015, 12:16 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,175,529 times
Most women I know are voting for Hillary. A lot of men are too. Bill has nothing to do with it and I don't know why Republicans find him so fascinating.

Old 09-17-2015, 12:37 AM

1,351 posts, read 1,599,026 times
Carson simply isn't a debater...he just doesn't have the temperament for it. There was just no way he was going to do well in this kind of format. I don't mean this as a knock on him...I'm just saying that you have to have a certain kind of personality in order to be competent in this kind of debate. You have to be good at quickly thinking on your feet and adept at being concise and giving good soundbites. Carson is none of those things...like many other intellectuals, he tends to think about each word before he says it. He is more effective on the stump, during one-on-one interviews, etc...basically places where he has time to thoroughly articulate and explain himself.

Carson lacks charisma and is uninspiring...and those things alone make him seem utterly unfit for POTUS (or even VP). It's hard to fire up the rank-and-file person when you're spouting numbers and details in a monotonous tone. Dude sounds like he's on Xanax. You have to show an emotional, passionate side to inspire people. His demeanor is fine (good, even) for an office job or a neurosurgeon, but for running for President...he's just too low-key. Carson would be a better fit for Surgeon General.

I was very impressed with Carly's performance...excellent debater. She's the first candidate to actually put Trump on the defensive. Before this debate, a lot of people really haven't seen her or know much about her. That's no longer the case. I could see her rising all the way to 2nd place behind Trump within the next few weeks. Her closing statement was a little too scripted, and I think she should start mixing in a little more friendliness and warmth in the future to endear herself more to the people. Running for POTUS is a serious deal, of course...and I think having an "attack dog" side to you is a strong plus...but showing a nicer side every now and then will help her likeability even more.

Rubio was also pretty good...he still comes across as a bit too "rehearsed" to me, but he was better in this debate than in the first one.

Jeb showed more energy, but like the first debate...he gave off a strong impression that he really didn't want to be there.

Trump didn't help himself, but I don't think he hurt himself that much (if at all) either. It was interesting (but not surprising) that when the questions delved into substance, he got kinda quiet. However, I don't think his supporters give a damn about substance and details on the economy, foreign policy, etc...they just want Washington to be formatted like a hard drive, and then rebooted with a clean, fresh install.

The biggest losers were the CNN moderators. Holy crap, Jake Tapper was horrible. He had absolutely no control over the debate. The candidates didn't respect him at all, they just walked all over him. Hewitt and Dana Bash were largely invisible, which is unfortunate b/c the few questions they did ask were better than Tapper's.

The next GOP debate needs to be 2 hours and have 6 participants tops. It's time for a few more of the candidates to drop out...Huckabee for example...stick a fork in him, he's done.

Old 09-17-2015, 12:47 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,274,609 times
CNN is a joke....... I knew CNN had an agenda with the first question of do you trust Trump with the nuke codes suggesting Trump is a madman with a temper.....I don't see CNN asking Bernie in a debate if Hillary can be trusted with the nuke codes in her period or because of her server fiasco.....Then CNN asks STUPID questions like Trump said this about you, what do you think?......Trump said this what do you think? he said this, what do you think?.....what a joke of a network CNN is.

last thing, Why FIORINA pulled out the gender card? she pulled a Hillary......Trump made a comment about her NOT all WOMEN in general. If Fiorina can't handle that comment by Trump that she needs to pull the gender card then she is in the wrong party and she can't be president because most of the world leaders especially in Arab Countries dislike women in power and they will say nasty things about her everydayin public and behind her back......who cares?

Last edited by Hellion1999; 09-17-2015 at 12:55 AM..

Old 09-17-2015, 12:54 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,274,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GravityMan View Post

I was very impressed with Carly's performance...excellent debater. She's the first candidate to actually put Trump on the defensive. Before this debate, a lot of people really haven't seen her or know much about her. That's no longer the case. I could see her rising all the way to 2nd place behind Trump within the next few weeks. Her closing statement was a little too scripted, and I think she should start mixing in a little more friendliness and warmth in the future to endear herself more to the people. Running for POTUS is a serious deal, of course...and I think having an "attack dog" side to you is a strong plus...but showing a nicer side every now and then will help her likeability even more.

She didn't put Trump on the defensive......CNN for ratings from the beginning set up the debate so everybody attacked Trump with their silly questions that shouldn't have been on the debate.

She did pulled a Hillary with the gender card....Trump's comment towards her was about her not against all women....the same when Trump attacks Jeb Bush low energy, is not an attack on men.

If Carly can't handle Trump silly comment then she can't be president because many world leaders and many foreigners dislike women especially in power and she will get all kinds of nasty comments all day and she can't be playing the gender card as president.

Old 09-17-2015, 01:08 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,941,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
CNN is a joke....... I knew CNN had an agenda with the first question of do you trust Trump with the nuke codes suggesting Trump is a madman with a temper.....I don't see CNN asking Bernie in a debate if Hillary can be trusted with the nuke codes in her period or because of her server fiasco.....Then CNN asks STUPID questions like Trump said this about you, what do you think?......Trump said this what do you think? he said this, what do you think?.....what a joke of a network CNN is.

last thing, Why FIORINA pulled out the gender card? she pulled a Hillary......Trump made a comment about her NOT all WOMEN in general. If Fiorina can't handle that comment by Trump that she needs to pull the gender card then she is in the wrong party and she can't be president because most of the world leaders especially in Arab Countries dislike women in power and they will say nasty things about her everydayin public and behind her back......who cares?
The "Trump said this about you - how do you feel" questions are just setting Trump up to take his whacking while putting him on the defensive. Of course the person offended will have their response locked, loaded and ready to go. Is there any wonder why some are saying Trump was finally on the defensive? Well duh. And like I said, no one has absorbed more "ugly" blows than Trump - it's funny how a man is supposed to take it yet Fiorina gets to play the girl power woman card. I hope the next time someone comments negatively about Trump's looks Fiorina speaks up to defend him and men in general.

Old 09-17-2015, 01:16 AM

587 posts, read 379,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
Hillary had larger female support in 2008, before stupid leaked out of her mouth every time she opened it.

I'm astounded that ANY female would support a woman who was so openly defiled time and time again the way Bubba defiled Hillary. Why would you support a woman who ALLOWS herself to be walked on like a cheap hotel rug? I don't feel sorry for her, because she stood by her man, much like I don't feel sorry for a female that stands by her man after their man beats them for years.

Hillary made her bed, and now she's going to lie in it.

Who cares? They wouldn't be the first couple who stay together in a broken marriage because it's more convenient to stay together. These two probably haven't had sex since the 80's.

Old 09-17-2015, 02:03 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,941,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulgarcita View Post
Who cares? They wouldn't be the first couple who stay together in a broken marriage because it's more convenient to stay together. These two probably haven't had sex since the 80's.
Well it's the American voter that may care...a few anyway. Being viewed as staying together for political power is surely a net negative to some extent. If you can package that with claims of lying and dishonesty you've definitely got a negative.

Old 09-17-2015, 03:05 AM

4,231 posts, read 3,559,630 times
Guys did Donald win again??

I hear he was treated very badly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies