Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 11:09 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
Like anybody with half a brain really ever thought the Benghazi probe was anything but a politically motivated witch-hunt!!!

House Republicans repudiate McCarthy comments - CNNPolitics.com

Now the Pubbies are desperately attempting damage control!!!

ROTFLMAO!
It never was a "witch hunt," and because of McCarthy's stupidity and throwing his fellow Republicans under the bus (so to speak) he has now been forced to withdraw his name from the race for Speaker, as he should.

He is a disgrace.

On with the investigation. Hillary's incompetence is to blame for the Benghazi attack. Nothing else.

Old 10-08-2015, 11:13 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
I lean conservative and to be honest, someone is going to have to convince me that Kevin McCarthy did not do this on purpose. I think he probably did.
Of course he did. He lied. And today he paid the price.

Old 10-08-2015, 11:15 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
He can't get the conservatives to back him. Will the establishment back a right winger? Maybe we won't have a speaker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
He can't get the conservatives to back him. Will the establishment back a right winger? Maybe we won't have a speaker.
As I understand it, the speaker of the house doesn't need to be a congressman.

They should show initiative and put in an impartial speaker who isn't beholding to either party. A truly bipartisan mediator, if one even exists.

I won't hold my breath as Chaffetz and Ryan are the most likely.

__________________________________________________ __________

I would have loved to be a FLY on the WALL in McCarthy's office when Gowdy stormed in to his office after the FOX interview.

Talk about blowing things up in a few cheap words. What an idiot... people should forgive him, he's from my state and we've been short on common sense here for some time now.

Last edited by steven_h; 10-08-2015 at 11:26 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies