Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 01:07 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,878,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
The only legal weapons should only be able to fire 1-2 rounds before reloading. Anything more than that is not needed (whether you call them auto or semi-auto).

I understand the gun culture is part of the US history, but at some point we need to live the cowboy era behind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
So what happens if 4 bad guys are breaking into my house? I shoot 2 then reload?

Come back to us with legitimate arguments when you actually know something about guns.
julian, listen to rakin and get an education before spouting off further.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2015, 01:10 PM

1,243 posts, read 1,148,404 times
Quote:
The only legal weapons should only be able to fire 1-2 rounds before reloading. Anything more than that is not needed (whether you call them auto or semi-auto).

I understand the gun culture is part of the US history, but at some point we need to live the cowboy era behind.

I need you to look to your right... no, your other right (). Good. See that wall? Yes, it's the vertical piece of solid that's holding up the ceiling. Now, go over to it... closer... good. Now slam your head against it, until you feel this sensation of tingling between your ears. It will feel a little fuzzy at first, so don't be alarmed. It's called sense.

Repeat as needed.

It is abundantly apparent that you 1) lack the mental capacity to understand what you are saying, or 2) as big of an "under-the-bypass" dweller as LexusNexus is. I have to lean toward the latter, as there can't be any way possible you lack the ability to see the complete lack of understanding on the subject of firearms.

Please stop talking about that which you have absolutely no knowledge of, whatsoever. You embarrass not only yourself, but others around you (with chagrined pity).

Old 10-02-2015, 01:21 PM

50,371 posts, read 47,120,861 times
Quote:

I can use an ammo bag and shoot a single shot bolt action rifle for about 20 rounds a minute. That's one round off every two to three seconds until I run out of ammo which would be about 15 minutes currently.

A pump shotgun can be plugged to hold 2 rounds and I can do at least 30 rounds a min with unlimited ammo.

Its not the weapon and never will be. Its the person shooting it.

Old 10-02-2015, 01:32 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,878,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I can use an ammo bag and shoot a single shot bolt action rifle for about 20 rounds a minute. That's one round off every two to three seconds until I run out of ammo which would be about 15 minutes currently.

A pump shotgun can be plugged to hold 2 rounds and I can do at least 30 rounds a min with unlimited ammo.

excellent point. the other option would be to load up on loaded weapons, and use each until such time as you finally run out of weapons. derringers are small, hold two rounds, and you can carry a bunch of them.

Old 10-02-2015, 01:37 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,353,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
So what happens if 4 bad guys are breaking into my house? I shoot 2 then reload?

Come back to us with legitimate arguments when you actually know something about guns.
Locked doors and windows plus an alarm will solve your issues.

Robbers usually come in when there is no one home. Your argument goes back to 200 years ago. We are not cowboys anymore!

How many folks have shot trying to rob your house? I know folks that are cops and don't get to fire their weapon against a criminal in 20 years. Your excuse is phony!

Old 10-02-2015, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post

Folks with psych issues are present in all nations of the world. The only difference between them and us is that we have a gun culture.

Crazy folks in other nations do not have a gun culture and have little access to weapons.

Your words clearly show you are part of the gun culture community and if you ever go nuts you will have those guns available to you. And you will know how to use them because you are part of the gun culture crowd.

You are correct, it is not the gun. It is the combination of the gun, the cowboy gun culture, and psych issues.

Old 10-02-2015, 01:44 PM

1,243 posts, read 1,148,404 times
Quote:

Robbers usually come in when there is no one home. Your argument goes back to 200 years ago. We are not cowboys anymore!

How many folks have shot trying to rob your house? I know folks that are cops and don't get to fire their weapon against a criminal in 20 years. Your excuse is phony!
And I have known people who are dead because they either 1) weren't allowed to have any sort of weapon for self-defense, or 2) didn't have a firearm in their home when a drug-crazed idiot broke in (regardless of the alarm they couldn't hear) and killed them for fun. 2 family members and one work colleague.

Your logic is... nonexistent.

And your credibility is gone.

Old 10-02-2015, 01:46 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,087,761 times
Quote:

1. Home invasions happen everyday in this country.
2. Locked doors and windows don't keep determined professionals out.
3. Cops don't shoot their guns because they don't arrive until it over. They just do the paperwork.

Old 10-02-2015, 01:49 PM

40,955 posts, read 49,242,733 times
Quote:
Thousands of people are murdered yearly in their homes with locked doors and windows.

That maybe all you need but others like to have a little extra protection.

Old 10-02-2015, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman71 View Post
And I have known people who are dead because they either 1) weren't allowed to have any sort of weapon for self-defense, or 2) didn't have a firearm in their home when a drug-crazed idiot broke in (regardless of the alarm they couldn't hear) and killed them for fun. 2 family members and one work colleague.

Your logic is... nonexistent.

And your credibility is gone.
An anecdote is meaningless. Show me a proper study that proves Americans need guns to be safe at home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies