Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 01:59 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
An anecdote is meaningless. Show me a proper study that proves Americans need guns to be safe at home.
We don't need to. It's our right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2015, 02:06 PM

1,243 posts, read 1,147,639 times
Quote:
An anecdote is meaningless. Show me a proper study that proves Americans need guns to be safe at home.
It might be an anecdote to you, you inconsiderate, arrogant... whatever. But to those of us that have lost loved ones due to this very scenario, it's very F'ing real. To those people that have defended their lives against break-in with firearms, it ain't no F'ing anecdote.

Your arrogant presumption that the world works the way you think it should in your own narrow, naive little mind is pathetic.

I truly wonder what would happen should something like this ever happen to you.... How would you respond... provided, of course that you actually survive? Yes, the chances are slim... but not none. Are you willing to bet your very life on your policeman showing up in time? That your locks don't fail and the alarms scare them off?

I truly wonder how your opinion might change, should you ever confront a rapist/murderer...

Let us all know when you join us back in the world of reality.

Old 10-02-2015, 02:09 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times
Quote:
Locked doors and windows plus an alarm will solve your issues.
right because locked doors and windows always stop crime from happening, NOT!! just because a door is locked doesnt mean a criminal cant or wont break in. home invasions happen all the time, even when the home owners have LOCKED their doors. in the end locks only keep honest people out, they dont stop criminals.

again, please get an education before spouting off on something of which you have no knowledge of, it keeps you from looking the complete idiot.

Old 10-02-2015, 02:15 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,456,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
There should be a total ban on guns. The only people who should be authorized to have them, are law enforcement. All the gun nuts need to be stripped of their weapons, and immediately sent to a mental health professional to try to rid them of their severe affliction.

Huckabee is laughable as a presidential candidate because he always takes the wrong positions, and what he represents on this subject, is repulsive to the well-being of this country...obviously.
That won't happen. Gun owners are rabid in their beliefs. As Stephen King wrote: "don't call it gun control.,," We need "weapons of mass destruction control..."

Old 10-02-2015, 02:21 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,955,245 times
The absolute ignorance of the anti gun crowd never ceases to amaze me. Here is a question for you anti gun folks.

If someone comes up to you with a gun, demands your money, jewlery, car, whatever. What are you going to do?

If someone comes up to you with a gun, says strip down and rapes you, men or women. What are you going to do?

If someone with a gun says, "on your knees and beg" - and then pulls the trigger and blows your brains all over your shoes. What are you going to do?

Are you willing to give your stuff, your butt, or your life, or maybe a loved one's to some random scumbag?

Old 10-02-2015, 03:05 PM

3,278 posts, read 5,393,358 times
A ruling by the Supreme Court that declares no authority has the right to ban persons' abilities to carry concealed weapons on campuses.

Old 10-02-2015, 03:32 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,792,731 times
Originally Posted by Ohio1803
You are openly advocating for violating the U.S. Constitution, specifically the 2nd Amendment.

You don't care about the Constitution, you are tribal. To you everything the Democrats do is good by definition, while everything the GOP does is bad. It is a childish view of politics when it is much more complicated and nuanced than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadell View Post
Pot calling the Kettle black here.
THAT ^^^ made zero sense!

What's the meaning of Christmas?

HAM!

Old 10-02-2015, 03:37 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,792,731 times
Here is a perfect example of someone who knows absolutely nothing about a subject, and chiming in like an expert.

Quote:
All automatic weapons should be banned. The only legal firearms should be non-automatic.
Please, kind expert, do give us a list of automatic weapons currently available to the public without an FFL.

We'll wait while you Google FFL.

Quote:
Any automatic forearm should be immediately impounded by the government.
People can go blind doing that!

Old 10-02-2015, 05:08 PM

2,008 posts, read 1,248,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
There should be a total ban on guns. The only people who should be authorized to have them, are law enforcement. All the gun nuts need to be stripped of their weapons, and immediately sent to a mental health professional to try to rid them of their severe affliction.

What in God's name....

Old 10-02-2015, 06:46 PM

3,040 posts, read 5,003,036 times
Quote:
Your gun should be illegal!

What is the difference between your weapon and an automatic weapon. More that 9 rounds per five seconds?

Do you really need that much firepower? Did you have a psychological and background check before purchasing that weapon?
Julian, that is my point, you stated that all automatic weapons should be banded, I do believe they are, however, a good semi-automatic can fire very fast, so now you want to ban all weapons that can more than one round at a time.

No, I hope I don't need that much firepower, but it is there if I need it. It doesn't mean that I'm going to go out and shoot up something or some people. This is your problem, you group all people that have fire arms into one classification "gun nuts". You would rather sacrifice everyone's liberty for your safety, I'm sorry I just don't agree with your mindset.

I have a fire extinguisher in my home and auto to protect my property just incase, I hope I don't have to use them either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies