Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 11:12 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
...to prevent these shootings?"

It's a reasonable question in my opinion. But what law, what level of control will stop the shootings?
The solution is to keep these mental defectives separated from firearms. How best to achieve that w/o violating our 2A rights is a devil of a problem. I don't pretend to know the answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2015, 11:22 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,712,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Hi cap gloves?
Unfortunately no, I have the five round versions.

Old 10-02-2015, 11:23 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,372,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
Hopefully you are being cynical here. If not, can you please explain how we would remove the 300 million+ guns out there, and furthermore, how would you get criminals to give up their guns, and even further, how would you prevent acquisition of guns via the black market?
He's not, you're just seeing a glimpse into the real liberal mind. Ignore the problem, attack the people who aren't breaking the law, dismiss the constitution when it suits them.

Old 10-02-2015, 11:26 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,372,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Abundant automatic weapons (at least one gun per person in the USA) and a gun culture leads to the mass shooting we see see every few weeks.

All other countries in the world have folks with psych problems, but they do not have the mass shootings. The only difference is that these countries do not have a gun culture.

All automatic weapons should be banned. The only legal firearms should be non-automatic. Any automatic forearm should be immediately impounded by the government.
Removing any doubt you're totally ignorant about guns or existing laws in the US or other countries if you think that guns are the only difference.

Old 10-02-2015, 12:02 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,346,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
I can understand this, however, do you know how many rounds per minute can be fired from a semi-automatic firearm? My handgun holds 9 rounds, I can fire all 9 rounds in about 5 seconds and still hit my target.
Your gun should be illegal!

What is the difference between your weapon and an automatic weapon. More that 9 rounds per five seconds?

Do you really need that much firepower? Did you have a psychological and background check before purchasing that weapon?

Old 10-02-2015, 12:26 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,199,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
People like you need to be rounded up, stripped of your US citizenship and shipped off to Australia.
Nah, Australia is too nice ... I'm thinking Greenland.

Old 10-02-2015, 12:41 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
There should be a total ban on guns. The only people who should be authorized to have them, are law enforcement. All the gun nuts need to be stripped of their weapons, and immediately sent to a mental health professional to try to rid them of their severe affliction.

Huckabee is laughable as a presidential candidate because he always takes the wrong positions, and what he represents on this subject, is repulsive to the well-being of this country...obviously.
i feel sorry for you that you have such a narrow point of view in regards to politics. you cant see the forest for the trees. i do hope that you open up your mind and stop being one of the useful idiots that stalin talked about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
People like you need to be rounded up, stripped of your US citizenship and shipped off to Australia.
wait just a darn minute there, why would you want to burden australia with him? they have enough problems already, besides, australia is one of our best allies. send him to china instead.

Quote:
Abundant automatic weapons (at least one gun per person in the USA) and a gun culture leads to the mass shooting we see see every few weeks.

All other countries in the world have folks with psych problems, but they do not have the mass shootings. The only difference is that these countries do not have a gun culture.

All automatic weapons should be banned. The only legal firearms should be non-automatic. Any automatic forearm should be immediately impounded by the government.
you dont have much knowledge of guns do you? its rather obvious from your post here.

Old 10-02-2015, 12:45 PM

45,422 posts, read 60,608,674 times
Quote:
Your gun should be illegal!

What is the difference between your weapon and an automatic weapon. More that 9 rounds per five seconds?

Do you really need that much firepower? Did you have a psychological and background check before purchasing that weapon?
So you started out wanting to ban already mostly unobtainable automatic weapons and have now stepped down to semi-automatic ones.

One small step at a time.

Old 10-02-2015, 12:46 PM

29,541 posts, read 19,632,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
No, Nexus is dead serious. IMHO: He's proven to be the most outrageous poster in the forums, which I believe was his intention.
In order to do so, we would have have to repeal the Second Amendment.... Good luck with that.

Old 10-02-2015, 12:49 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
Quote:

Do you really need a car that will do 120 MPH?

Did you have a mental check before you purchased your car? We all know how dangerous cars can be so you must be a little crazy to want one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies